Maybe now the story will be told on Gurley...

LabattBlue

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Weird that kareem hunt and todd gurley were the two backs that we knew by midseason were taking their teams to the bowl, and both of them ended up non-factors.   

Overall a boring bowl and a ho hum post game.  I rank this last of all the 40 superbowls i've watched.  Zzzzzzzzzx

This will EASILY go down as the worst, most boring and lowest scoring game in History. Hey NFL keep shoving the Patsies down our throats every year and watch your ratings fall. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

If he has surgery the rams need five held accountable for not properly identifying the injury and playing with the injury report 

I think though it was obvious from week16 on for the normal football fan he was hot the same guy but teams are still suppose to disclose Injuries 

Especially when some of us bet on football games.

Don’t underestimate how much Rams like Anderson and how much of this was poor game plan and coaching.  Rams have already said its a top priority to bring Anderson back.  

I think they got enamored with incorporating Anderson into it and it’s taken Gurley out too much and kept him from getting a rhythm, so they kept sharing carries as a result which kept compounding the problem.  

I also think it had to do with pass pass protection as well trying to get Goff more time as he hasn’t been the same since the Bears showed if you rattle him he will fold.  

It’s possible Gurley is just out of gas.. Dude has a million touches since coming in the league. Not that he’s washed up or anything but maybe he was just out of gas this season. He didn’t look to be very explosive. 

It’s possible his knee is bad he seemed to fall on every one of his runs. Very weird situation 

McVay, being the savant he is, got thoroughly outcoached in the SB. Goff got exposed. Gurley, less than 100% or whatever, was a complete non factor since week 14 or 15 of the season. He had one run against Dallas where he sorta looked like himself. I also believe the OL got exposed which attributed to their struggles. The Rams went from "The Greatest Show on Turf II" to a mundane offense that absolutely blew. 

• Like (+1) 4

So weird.

To me this game came down to the fact that the Rams are a new team with a fickle fanbase that didn't really travel for the game.  The Patriots' fans were there in droves and they were loud - it felt like a Patriots home game.  When the Rams were on offense it was loud, and it definitely impacted their ability to execute.  Couple that with the fact that they're younger and perhaps less mentally tough (specifically, players like Goff and Gurley) and the result was not surprising.

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

So weird.

To me this game came down to the fact that the Rams are a new team with a fickle fanbase that didn't really travel for the game.  The Patriots' fans were there in droves and they were loud - it felt like a Patriots home game.  When the Rams were on offense it was loud, and it definitely impacted their ability to execute.  Couple that with the fact that they're younger and perhaps less mentally tough (specifically, players like Goff and Gurley) and the result was not surprising.

Gurley is hurt, no doubt about it. The “investigation” will start soon. 

8 hours ago, NFLBighits said:

Yes then a yellow flag appeared holding on #65., So instead of 1st and 10 it became 1st & 20 ?

This is why I still question everything about the league, and more specifically, the Patriots.

That was clearly a bogus call made when it finally appeared as if the Rams were making a move. This has been a hallmark of Patriots games. Bills fans have seen this countless times.

Screw the NFL and the Pats. Proven cheats and suspect refs have dominated a corrupt league led by money hungry, shady owners, and a weasel commissioner.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Philly’sFinest said:

This is why I still question everything about the league, and more specifically, the Patriots.

That was clearly a bogus call made when it finally appeared as if the Rams were making a move. This has been a hallmark of Patriots games. Bills fans have seen this countless times.

Screw the NFL and the Pats. Proven cheats and suspect refs have dominated a corrupt league led by money hungry, shady owners, and a weasel commissioner.

I agree, it wasn’t holding. Romo said the same. And they called very little holding all night to begin with, no idea why they picked that play to throw a flag. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I agree, it wasn’t holding. Romo said the same. And they called very little holding all night to begin with, no idea why they picked that play to throw a flag. 

You know why. Everyone knows why.

It doesn’t fit the narrative, so it will be swept under the rug.

The NFL laughs at it’s customers while thumbing their nose at us all.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

McVay, being the savant he is, got thoroughly outcoached in the SB. Goff got exposed. Gurley, less than 100% or whatever, was a complete non factor since week 14 or 15 of the season. He had one run against Dallas where he sorta looked like himself. I also believe the OL got exposed which attributed to their struggles. The Rams went from "The Greatest Show on Turf II" to a mundane offense that absolutely blew. 

What this demonstrated or I should say reinforces the point that BB is the best HC in the history of the modern game. His game plans on both sides of the ball change every game depending on who he is playing. In addition, BB is also one of the best in-game coaches. His decisions and time management are usually impeccable. His game preparations are masterful.

In this game his defense stymied the opposing offense and his own offense was for much of the game stymied. He didn't panic and gamble. He just continued on with his conservative approach. Ultimately, it succeeded-----his team won.

This was a game where the inexperienced Rams qb was overmatched. And this was a game where Brady didn't force the issue. It just seemed that he was confident in the game plan and bided his time. And living up to his lore when it counted at the end of the game came up with his standard late game clutch efforts.  

The Pats may not all around be the most talented team but every year under BB they demonstrate that they are the smartest team and organization. They should be saluted. 

• Like (+1) 2

He's done

27 minutes ago, Philly’sFinest said:

12 minutes ago, Philly’sFinest said:

Thanks for stopping by.  Seems like we hardly got a chance to know you.

Enjoy the "Premier League"...

1 hour ago, Philly’sFinest said:

Do Philly cheese steaks come wrapped in tin foil?  You can make a lot of free recycled hats for yourself .