Gilmore on the Pats is the same player he was in Buffalo

Gilmore has always been a good player. He does have a tendency to get burned from time to time and get up after the play looking around like someone else was the cause of his miscue but other than that, he's always been solid. Every DB gets beat. Sometimes with this board you'd think the only way to call a player good or great is if they have a perfect 100% success rate on every down. It's just interesting that they're naming him the best corner in the league right now when honestly, his play has neither elevated nor lowered since he left here. Crazy how much of a difference it makes when you're on a winning team that gets all the attention.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, billvernsays said:

But is it just me or does it seem like he gets called a whole lot less for Holding and Pass Interference penalties. 

In Buffalo he gets flags in New England announcers drool over his “coverage skills”  

Oh nonsense, he was by far the best DB on the team while in buffalo.  His glaring weakness was run support.

It was logical not to pay top CB money especially with a new scheme that favors zone over press man, but he earned that contract on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was always really good.  But some fans are stupid and were bitter that he didn’t smile.  Clearly, Belichick thought different.  Whaley sucks.

you are far too sensitive to what everyone else thinks.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, I don’t care at all.  I’ve just never seen a good player who never got in trouble, get so much stupid hate.  

But clearly, things didn’t work out for Gilmore.  

i think you care a lot.  

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, teef said:

you are far too sensitive to what everyone else thinks.

it's valid to be that way for only one team in each sport

or on games you lost at least $1,000

or an equally weighted "bet of honour"

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He's a great player but he had checked out mentally by his last season with the Bills and wasn't giving the effort he is now on the Pats.  I don't blame Bills fans at all for not liking him and Bills coaches/front office for not wanting to make him the highest paid corner in the league while he wasn't giving a full effort and the new regime is trying to build their foundation.  We should have tagged him though.  We probably would have got a least a second for him in a trade.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i think you care a lot.  

i think the others hate too much actually. Big difference. 

This fan base has some weird condition where they hate pretty much everyone except two rookies. 

Edited by nedboy7

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Told my friend...hed get called for 3 holding/PIs a game in Buffalo.

Nothing in New England. 

You do realize that none of what you said is true right? Stop lying to your friends. 

Edited by Bangarang

12 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

The Rams got beat. The Pats controlled the game. Stop Whining, it's not going to change anything.

Did they really control the game?

It looked pretty close to me.....the problem is the Rams win in blow outs and the Pats know how to win close games.

Cooks doesnt drop a TD pass that hits him right in the hands this could have played out very differently

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Did they really control the game?

It looked pretty close to me.....the problem is the Rams win in blow outs and the Pats know how to win close games.

Cooks doesnt drop a TD pass that hits him right in the hands this could have played out very differently

Cooks is so soft.