Gilmore on the Pats is the same player he was in Buffalo

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

But is it just me or does it seem like he gets called a whole lot less for Holding and Pass Interference penalties. 

In Buffalo he gets flags in New England announcers drool over his “coverage skills”  

If you mean the best corner for each team, then yes he's the same player. 

33 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think he's gotten a little better.  It may be scheme, coaching, more experience, etc., but he makes more plays and doesn't get burned as often as he did here.

He's the exact same player.  But once you become a Patriot you're given far more leverage and you can hold, arm bar etc without having to worry about ever getting called....

3 hours ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

There is nothing fictional about it.....GImore made a couple plays tonight that were legal...Made a couple plays that were illegal and also got burnt on plays that receivers didn't catch the ball..NOt a big deal.

He's good.  that is all!

The only issue I had with todays game was that Goff went after Gilmore many times when usually the offensive plan is to stay away from him.

But Goff clearly showed his colours tonight .  He sucks...so who knows why he was throwing to where....

He’s much better than good. The greatest coach in NFL history thought he was great and signed him. But this board somehow is smarter.

And the refs don’t favor the Patriots.  They are just better. Better players. Better coaches. 

Gilmore was a very good cover guy for the Bills but he wouldn't tackle to save his life.  What he was doing was saving his body so he could sign somewhere else and be in good shape to play well.  It really sucks that he did that, showing his coverage skills for sale to the highest bidder, but not playing quite enough for the Bills to decide to pay him what others would.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Lol...

It was the refs fault ( again..)

Not at all, but what the OP is saying is true.  When is the last time you saw a player get a fist pound from an official.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He’s much better than good. The greatest coach in NFL history thought he was great and signed him. But this board somehow is smarter.

And the refs don’t favor the Patriots.  They are just better. Better players. Better coaches. 

Belichick is the best coach.  Gronk is a better TE.  Brady is Brady.  Their Oline is better.  The rest, you apperantly dont watch football.

7 hours ago, billvernsays said:

But is it just me or does it seem like he gets called a whole lot less for Holding and Pass Interference penalties. 

In Buffalo he gets flags in New England announcers drool over his “coverage skills”  

No he isn’t he would never tackle anyone or hit them hard

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billvernsays said:

He's still a really physical corner, as he was in Buffalo.

He still gets called a fair bit. Famous players get a bit more leeway. It's got nothing to do with the team he's on, IMO.

He was really good in Buffalo. I still wish we hadn't been in such crappy salary cap shape that year. It would have been interesting to see if he'd have stayed. I guess he would have but no way to know at this point.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Great corners make the hall of fame.  Gilmore is a good player.

By this definition, a lot of good players will be found to be great players five years after they retire. Gilmore has a pretty decent shot at the hall, though he needs to continue playing at this level for a while longer.

6 hours ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

The only difference that I see here:  ( Wallflowers song )  is that Goff is done!

I will also predict that McVay will fade away shortly!

What's that you say? Goff is young?

Yup.