Gilmore on the Pats is the same player he was in Buffalo

9 hours ago, billvernsays said:

But is it just me or does it seem like he gets called a whole lot less for Holding and Pass Interference penalties. 

In Buffalo he gets flags in New England announcers drool over his “coverage skills”  

Great point,  when was drafted he came here a very physical corner,  translation is he uses his hands a lot.  That one play should have been PI in endzone and the refs let it slide because PATS winning is a great story .  You watch him in coverage and always has hands on player

8 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I’m not only talking about tonight, all season watching the Pats it seems like the announcers are showing replays of Gilmore’s brilliant coverage but all I see is the same exact physical coverage that he used to get flagged for left and right while he was here. 

I didn’t immediately see this years count but his first year with the pats vs last year here- he had 1 more penalty here but more yards there 

i suspect he’s in more “let them play and don’t let a flag decide the game” moments these days

But is it just me or does it seem like he gets called a whole lot less for Holding and Pass Interference penalties. 

In Buffalo he gets flags in New England announcers drool over his “coverage skills”  

On the Pats, he tries harder. He dogged it more than once for us.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

This thread: LOL.

The thread takes its usual turns, but the OP is correct.  Gilmore is a very good CB whose coverage is physical.  He's getting away with far more contact now than he ever did in Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

The thread takes its usual turns, but the OP is correct.  Gilmore is a very good CB whose coverage is physical.  He's getting away with far more contact now than he ever did in Buffalo.

It's an experience thing more than anything else. People just forget how much he got away with in his final year here. Don't we remember him mauling Allen Robinson on a key stop to beat the Jags right in front of an official?

It's like that with corners. Once you get recognized as a great corner, you get away with more. 

But as the numbers show, he's actually been penalized more in NE than Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not only talking about tonight, all season watching the Pats it seems like the announcers are showing replays of Gilmore’s brilliant coverage but all I see is the same exact physical coverage that he used to get flagged for left and right while he was here. 

His entire time on the cheaters has been that way.  It's more evidence of the blatent favoritism the receive

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It's an experience thing more than anything else. People just forget how much he got away with in his final year here. Don't we remember him mauling Allen Robinson on a key stop to beat the Jags right in front of an official?

It's like that with corners. Once you get recognized as a great corner, you get away with more. 

But as the numbers show, he's actually been penalized more in NE than Buffalo 

The timing of the penalties (quarter, down) is also crucial.

Of course we're biased, but it's crazy not to think that he's not getting more of a benefit of the doubt now that he's in NE

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Really proud of my guy. He's copped nothing but ***** from this fanbase for 7 years, him and his family have been harrassed no end on social media.

I really hope Stephon, Gabrielle and the kids enjoy this one. He's a good egg and he deserves it.

I feel SO badly for him

:rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 2

I honestly believe as a few have mentioned that Gilmore was a good CB in Buffalo who didn't go all out, especially in the run game. Perhaps he was saving himself for free agency, perhaps it was poor coaching, maybe both. But I dont think there is any denying that he is a very good CB now and certainly must get better coaching than he did in Buffalo. I do agree too that he gets away with a little more borderline interference, unless it is obviously blatant.

My biggest issue though just goes back to the lack of effort he gave in tackling. I had no issue with his coverage skills while he was here. 

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Lol...

It was the refs fault ( again..)

You can laugh all you want, it’s a fact that really good teams get preferential calls. 

Theres no way on this Earth that Gilmore is an All Pro.

No ***** way.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Gilmore was running the Rams' routes last night, which is a testament to his film study and preparation (an overlooked aspect of his game when he was in Buffalo).  

I could have run the Rams routes yesterday.

whats not mentioned is the holding he does to stay with said player. He gets away with it in NE because of what they are.

Ive watched him burned on many plays this year and I haven’t seen most of his games. 

Hes exactly the same corner he was here.

I really liked Gilmore here, but he’s no All Pro, I don’t care what anyone says.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

I never saw a replay.......

They showed a replay and Romo was like, ehh, I wouldn't have called that in this situation. 

Rams had just picked up their 3rd first down (one was on a penalty) of the drive after the 16 yard comeback to Cooks. 

I'm absolutely shocked the pat* benefited from a timely penalty. 4th quarter, other team is finally moving the ball, tie game. Good time for a hold. 

Yes I'm bitter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

I could have run the Rams routes yesterday.

whats not mentioned is the holding he does to stay with said player. He gets away with it in NE because of what they are.

Ive watched him burned on many plays this year and I haven’t seen most of his games. 

Hes exactly the same corner he was here.

I really liked Gilmore here, but he’s no All Pro, I don’t care what anyone says.

Haha.  Belichick paid him a ton of money, he got voted 1st team all pro by the media, was PFF’s highest ranked corner.  But dlonce says he’s no all pro and that’s what matters!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1