Gilmore on the Pats is the same player he was in Buffalo

3 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

But is it just me or does it seem like he gets called a whole lot less for Holding and Pass Interference penalties. 

In Buffalo he gets flags in New England announcers drool over his “coverage skills”  

Exactly!  If he's still on the Bill's he's flagged for his "stellar play."

• Like (+1) 2

To be honest:

He is a great defender, however he makes bad decisions and YES: it seems with the Bills he got called for Penalties and tonight in the SUPERBOWL he got burnt a few times and then on a crucial play to Cooks, he lost him and arm barred him and never got called.   By the same token, Cooks got up and went back to the huddle without selling the hold or complaining.

Rams had many opportunities to play no huddle, cuz the Pats defence chaos,,but instead,they huddled everytime and gave the Pats upper hand.......Amazing how a fat bastard like me can see what is going on but Goff and McVay cannot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

To be honest:

He is a great defender, however he makes bad decisions and YES: it seems with the Bills he got called for Penalties and tonight in the SUPERBOWL he got burnt a few times and then on a crucial play to Cooks, he lost him and arm barred him and never got called.   By the same token, Cooks got up and went back to the huddle without selling the hold or complaining.

Rams had many opportunities to play no huddle, cuz the Pats defence chaos,,but instead,they huddled everytime and gave the Pats upper hand.......Amazing how a fat bastard like me can see what is going on but Goff and McVay cannot.

I’m not only talking about tonight, all season watching the Pats it seems like the announcers are showing replays of Gilmore’s brilliant coverage but all I see is the same exact physical coverage that he used to get flagged for left and right while he was here. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billvernsays said:

I’m not only talking about tonight, all season watching the Pats it seems like the announcers are showing replays of Gilmore’s brilliant coverage but all I see is the same exact physical coverage that he used to get flagged for left and right while he was here. 

I agree with you, but I also see good plays.

However tonight was the classic Patriots, the classic Billicheat, the classic Brady, the classic Refs...however, not the classic ***** Fans......IT was not a neutral site and every player admitted that and the ESPN reporters from Brazil that were at the game said the same exact thing.  IT WAS A PATS HOME GAME ATMOSPHERE. 

What really made me think it was true was the HORN on third down when the Rams were on Offense.  HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?

In conclusion:  Congratulations to the Pats, however, its always something: tonight was phantom Penalty on Robey-Coleman

and then the no call against Cooks for an easy touchdown.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Gilmore and Van Noy delivered the two biggest plays on D

still can’t believe Goff didn’t see Van Noy 

The only difference that I see here:  ( Wallflowers song )  is that Goff is done!

I will also predict that McVay will fade away shortly!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

I agree with you, but I also see good plays.

However tonight was the classic Patriots, the classic Billicheat, the classic Brady, the classic Refs...however, not the classic ***** Fans......IT was not a neutral site and every player admitted that and the ESPN reporters from Brazil that were at the game said the same exact thing.  IT WAS A PATS HOME GAME ATMOSPHERE. 

What really made me think it was true was the HORN on third down when the Rams were on Offense.  HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?

In conclusion:  Congratulations to the Pats, however, its always something: tonight was phantom Penalty on Robey-Coleman

and then the no call against Cooks for an easy touchdown.  

And the phantom hold in the 4th quarter when’s gurley ran it 15 yards inside the Pats 40. Huge momentum swing right there

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

The only difference that I see here:  ( Wallflowers song )  is that Goff is done!

I will also predict that McVay will fade away shortly!

The NFC is always tougher to get through, you don’t get a second chance in a season there

Just now, row_33 said:

The NFC is always tougher to get through, you don’t get a second chance in a season there

I Say this because of Goff, not Mcvay....Ive always believed, either you got it, or you don't.   Goff proved today that he doesn't.  He will be a great NFL QB.  If that is someone McVay wants to hang his career on........we shall see!

3 minutes ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

I Say this because of Goff, not Mcvay....Ive always believed, either you got it, or you don't.   Goff proved today that he doesn't.  He will be a great NFL QB.  If that is someone McVay wants to hang his career on........we shall see!

7 months till kickoff 

50 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

But is it just me or does it seem like he gets called a whole lot less for Holding and Pass Interference penalties. 

In Buffalo he gets flags in New England announcers drool over his “coverage skills”  

It's just you.  I just checked his penalty stats. This past season his penalty total was the highest of his career.  His 2 seasons in NE he had 10 and 8 flags, his last 2 seasons in buffalo 7 and 5.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It's just you.  I just checked his penalty stats. This past season his penalty total was the highest of his career.  His 2 seasons in NE he had 10 and 8 flags, his last 2 seasons in buffalo 7 and 5.

LOL.  That was awesome. Well played.  Blew up two fictional threads on this board in one post.  Again, well done!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL.  That was awesome. Well played.  Blew up two fictional threads on this board in one post.  Again, well done!!!

There is nothing fictional about it.....GImore made a couple plays tonight that were legal...Made a couple plays that were illegal and also got burnt on plays that receivers didn't catch the ball..NOt a big deal.

He's good.  that is all!

The only issue I had with todays game was that Goff went after Gilmore many times when usually the offensive plan is to stay away from him.

But Goff clearly showed his colours tonight .  He sucks...so who knows why he was throwing to where....