MVP sums it up

Virgil

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have no problem with great defensive games but this seemed more about bad offense than good defense. Goff was awful, Brady was pedestrian, the running backs were not even average, and Edelman was the only reciever on either side who did crap. The defenses were good but 16 combined points is more due to offenses sucking than defenses.

Bad offense is sometimes created by great defense.

Brady was pedestrian because #SonofBum had him confused.  Almost perfect defensive game until late in the 4th Q.  He didn't have an answer for Edelman and it showed, though.

Goff seemed dazed and confused because he was.  Belicheck** does that to young QB.  He's lucky he wasn't picked 3-4x.  There's more justification for saying "bad offense" where the Rams are concerned.  Indirectly and politely Romo was calling them out for it by the 2nd half "go away from your tendencies here"

4 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm just wondering -  if the Bills made it to the Super Bowl and the key play gets made by PED enthusiast Trent Murphy and he gets MVP, does Virgil still cry about fair?

Never said fair or unfair. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Jealousy is an evil thing

don't have to like the Pats, but gotta acknowledge the quest and conquering of excellence

felt this way for 6 years with Jim Kelly''s crew, a bit lower down on the grand scope of things

get building a better team OBD, and I think you are.

8 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

The NFL aka the Social Justice Warriors Football League is always whining that there's not enough black QBs or coaches. Notice how they never cry how there's few white players at every other position? And notice how underdrafted most white skilled players are. Edelman is just one of many of them who was way underdrafted. Gronk too.

Who?

What surprises me about this game is the ability of coaching to elevate the play of average players to greatness.

The Rams have a solid wall in their defensive front. They have A Donald and N Suh wrecking havoc, so what do the Pats do?

They run Burkhead up the middle, and he gashes the DLine for 15 yards at a critical time in the game.

The Pats are able to win with players like Burkhead, and Chris Hogan, and Julian Edelman, fer Chris sakes.

Just goes to show you that coaching is the key ingredient in successful franchises.

They don't need Amari Cooper, or LeVeon Bell, or Julio Jones, or Tyreek Hill, or Ezekial Elliott.

If NE and Buffalo swapped all their players right now, the Pats would be in the playoffs next season, and McBeane would turn the Pats roster into 6-10 mush.

Just sayin...............

13 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

What surprises me about this game is the ability of coaching to elevate the play of average players to greatness.

The Rams have a solid wall in their defensive front. They have A Donald and N Suh wrecking havoc, so what do the Pats do?

They run Burkhead up the middle, and he gashes the DLine for 15 yards at a critical time in the game.

The Pats are able to win with players like Burkhead, and Chris Hogan, and Julian Edelman, fer Chris sakes.

Just goes to show you that coaching is the key ingredient in successful franchises.

They don't need Amari Cooper, or LeVeon Bell, or Julio Jones, or Tyreek Hill, or Ezekial Elliott.

If NE and Buffalo swapped all their players right now, the Pats would be in the playoffs next season, and McBeane would turn the Pats roster into 6-10 mush.

this game?

Belichick has put in just anyone for most of his roster since 2001 and made it work, it's a pretty paltry stack of Hall of Famers in their prime for 18 years compared to other shorter dynasties

just puts in one of 3 RBs on a whim and the guy shines out there

Mad props to MVP PEDelman!

Image result for edelman ped meme

"OOOHHH!  I'm going to need some medication for this!"

44 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

If by coaching you mean Donald getting egregiously held every play by every loose edge on his uniform and helmet, then yes, great "coaching".   I hope you taped it.  

13 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

As much as I hate Edelman, the guy is a gamer.

He deserved the MVP. Pats deserved to win. As painful it is to say 

The pain of injecting PEDs is nothing in comparison to the pain of admitting they "deserved" to win.  They were outcoaching the opposition even when the Rams were called for that phantom holding call right when they were putting a drive together.   

11 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

GOOD!

GREAT!

I ***** LOVE IT!

Now maybe those "casual" fans will go away, and they can get rid of the halftime travesty that has nothing to do with football.

Catering to those people is what really detracts from the Super Bowl.

And of course, someone will chime in to say "That's what makes them money!"....

I don't care how much money the NFL makes. 

I care about watching football games that I enjoy, and not having the championship game turned into a lame display that caters to people that don't really care about the game.

When they leave, please take fantasy football with them.

34 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Edelman simply shredded the Rams' pass defense.  He and Brady are like magnets.

how do they design patterns with these fake-outs of the D

even 1 in 10 times Brady has to be totally missing him if it's made up on the spot

1 hour ago, Rico said:

When they leave, please take fantasy football with them.

I don't play fantasy football, but I think it is mostly made up of actual football fans, and it makes people more interested in watching games that don't involve their own team.

I think it also adds to peoples knowledge of the game, because they become more involved in comparing and evaluating players/teams/ strategies.

I would prefer an entire halftime devoted to fantasy football, to the completely unrelated spectacle that interrupts the championship game every year.