MVP sums it up

Virgil

PS:  For the last time, Saints screwed themselves.  They lost the game on the dumb decision to pass on first down that went incomplete on that same drive.  Worst decision ever.  Second BOTH the Saints offense and defense saw the field in OT and failed to do their job and lost the game.  Not to mention there was missed offensive holding, bad holding, on the same PI play that should have been off setting penalties.  

Enough about this one play, Saints lost the game on many plays. And they should have been called for holding on the PI play anyway.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I love to see Defense played. I’d rather watch a 13-3 game then the zero defense from last years super bowl. To me there was nothing boring about it. Until the very end, almost any play could have decided that game. I’m so happy that in a season where all everyone spoke about was offense...the Super Bowl only had 1 touchdown. I wish teams were allowed to play defense every game. Make football, football again.

EXACTLY. Enough appeasement of the fantasy football set.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Black Eyed Peas and Cold Play were worse.  All three sucked but those two were insufferable.  Pearl Jam or Guns N Roses next year NFL.

Fat bald axl Rose ftw?

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This thread is sponsored by Kleenex

?

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I love to see Defense played. I’d rather watch a 13-3 game then the zero defense from last years super bowl. To me there was nothing boring about it. Until the very end, almost any play could have decided that game. I’m so happy that in a season where all everyone spoke about was offense...the Super Bowl only had 1 touchdown. I wish teams were allowed to play defense every game. Make football, football again.

Is that u McD? Lol. 

This wasn't football again this some ugly step child of football again. Football again wouldn't have every pass up the middle or even that flag early in the game on the Rams for unnecessary roughness. 

BTW that holding call on the Rams on the Gurley run was a backbreaker the momentum changed after that. The Pat's always have great timing with these sorts of things. 

I didn't find the game to be that entertaining but it provided a reminder that defense is still an important phase to the game.  The game did answer the question I was interested in and that was whether or not McVay is the offensive genius he's been hyped to be.  Right now that looks like a work in progress after his team mustered a total 3 points in the biggest stage in sports.  The old defensive genius took him to the woodshed in this one.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

2 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Is that u McD? Lol. 

This wasn't football again this some ugly step child of football again. Football again wouldn't have every pass up the middle or even that flag early in the game on the Rams for unnecessary roughness. 

BTW that holding call on the Rams on the Gurley run was a backbreaker the momentum changed after that. The Pat's always have great timing with these sorts of things. 

I don't know.  Both teams seemed to have 20 yard plays that usually gets them out of the funk and then the drive stalls around the 50.  That play wouldn't have even happened without the Gilmore hold so I'm going to not complain about the refs for a change after this game.  

The Rams offense isn't the same without Gurley at 100% and Cooper Kupp.  Belichick had a brilliant game plan of rushing 6 and playing more zone than usual.  The secondary also did a great job of disguising it.  Jared Goff was never able to get comfortable.  I guess we should've seen it coming with giving Belichick two weeks to prepare for a young QB.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know.  Both teams seemed to have 20 yard plays that usually gets them out of the funk and then the drive stalls around the 50.  That play wouldn't have even happened without the Gilmore hold so I'm going to not complain about the refs for a change after this game.  

The Rams offense isn't the same without Gurley at 100% and Cooper Kupp.  Belichick had a brilliant game plan of rushing 6 and playing more zone than usual.  The secondary also did a great job of disguising it.  Jared Goff was never able to get comfortable.  I guess we should've seen it coming with giving Belichick two weeks to prepare for a young QB.

I'm  not gonna give all the credit to the refs. The Pat's did some great things during the game . At the same time the Gilmore call was 100% holding on him and on the Gurley run it was not. A bad call at the best possible time for the Pats I'm not surprised.  

Edited by BillsFan1988

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

In the most boring Super Bowl in history, in a game where the Saints should have been there.  Edelman, who was suspended 4 games for performance enhancing drugs, wins the MVP.   He wins it for the team who won a previous Super Bowl after the QB was suspended for 4 games for deflate gate. The same team that won after spy gate.  

I’m salty.  But I hate that so many NFL records belong to a team with scumbag players (Edelman, Brady, Gronk). A coach who plays for stats (19-1 season) and also gets to be in our division.  

The worst part?  They don’t need to do any of it. They are good enough without it all.  

They just represent what’s wrong with the NFL to me and are a constant middle finger to the league and opposing fans.  

I hope this was the worst rated super bowl in history. 

I thought the game was great; but then again, I love a pitchers duel, too.

I dislike Edelman more than any other Patriot.  But he served his suspension and the dude can flat out play.

Deflategate was a joke.  You know  it as much as I do.

I can understand calling Edelman a scumbag.  But why are Brady and Gronk scumbags?  Oh ...... because they're first ballot Hall of Famers playing on a team that has owned the Bills for the past two decades.

I wanted the Rams to win last night.  Badly.  But I have to give credit where it's due.  It was Wade Phillips vs. Bill Belichick and, to me, it was an epic battle.  It was a fun game to watch and the better team won.

Lastly - the Saints/Rams game was 60 minutes long.  It wasn't decided on one bad missed call.

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This thread is sponsored by Kleenex

As are most threads by Bills fans about the Patriots.

There is one simple way to fix this, BEAT THEM!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I thought the game was great; but then again, I love a pitchers duel, too.

I dislike Edelman more than any other Patriot.  But he served his suspension and the dude can flat out play.

I can understand calling Edelman a scumbag.  But why are Brady and Gronk scumbags?  Oh ...... because they're first ballot Hall of Famers playing on a team that has owned the Bills for the past two decades.

I wanted the Rams to win last night.  Badly.  But I have to give credit where it's due.  It was Wade Phillips vs. Bill Belichick and, to me, it was an epic battle.  It was a fun game to watch and the better team won.

Lastly - the Saints/Rams game was 60 minutes long.  It wasn't decided on one bad missed call.

yes, on all points

• Thank you (+1) 1

This award should be changed to MVOP, Most Valuable Offensive Player. The Pats defense didn't let the 2nd highest scoring team in the league even get into the red zone, their offense struggled all game and wound up with a grand total of 13 points, and an offensive player wins the MVP? Come on.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Hey. Anyone can please themselves!

You can't please everyone so you just have to please yourself.

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Exactly, so why did Brady and the Patriots sandbag the league over a nothing-burger like that? Why did Brady smash his phone over it? Those things were never answered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

The NFL aka the Social Justice Warriors Football League is always whining that there's not enough black QBs or coaches. Notice how they never cry how there's few white players at every other position? And notice how underdrafted most white skilled players are. Edelman is just one of many of them who was way underdrafted. Gronk too.

you need to have your internet taken away.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

It probably will be the lowest rated but your post left out the primary reason.

Only a few people were lucky enough to have the numbers in their football pools that mattered this year. In a normal Super Bowl, numbers fly all over the place as teams score and many feel the excitement of having a chance to win.

Trust me, if you had 3s and 0s in your boxes, you would be happy this morning.

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

In the most boring Super Bowl in history, in a game where the Saints should have been there.  Edelman, who was suspended 4 games for performance enhancing drugs, wins the MVP.   He wins it for the team who won a previous Super Bowl after the QB was suspended for 4 games for deflate gate. The same team that won after spy gate.  

I’m salty.  But I hate that so many NFL records belong to a team with scumbag players (Edelman, Brady, Gronk). A coach who plays for stats (19-1 season) and also gets to be in our division.  

The worst part?  They don’t need to do any of it. They are good enough without it all.  

They just represent what’s wrong with the NFL to me and are a constant middle finger to the league and opposing fans.  

Jealousy is an evil thing

• Like (+1) 1

I have no problem with great defensive games but this seemed more about bad offense than good defense. Goff was awful, Brady was pedestrian, the running backs were not even average, and Edelman was the only reciever on either side who did crap. The defenses were good but 16 combined points is more due to offenses sucking than defenses.

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

Glad you got that off your chest.  And other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?