MVP sums it up

Virgil

9 hours ago, Logic said:

I hate the Pats as much as anyone on earth.

But anyone who says that was the most boring Super Bowl ever must have been watching a different game than me.

That was a master class of coaching, schemes, and in-game adjustments and counter-moves. It was a constant chess match all game long. An even battle between two excellently well-prepared teams. A slugfest between two of the NFL's all time greatest defensive minds. In the end, the game came down to tendency breakers and the 4th quarter discovery by the Patriots that forcing the Rams into their base defense would allow them passing game advantages, which led to the only touchdown of the game. 

There have been so many blowout or otherwise uninteresting Super Bowls throughout history. To say that tonight's game was the most boring ever just because it was not high scoring is just...yeah...I don't even know. I can't get on board with it at all. I completely disagree. Even WITH the Patriots being the victors, I found it to be one of the more tense and interesting Super Bowls I can ever remember watching.

?‍♂️

People really bought into that whole 'defenses don't matter anymore' nonsense after that Chiefs-Rams game, didn't they?

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hate the Pats as much as anyone on earth.

But anyone who says that was the most boring Super Bowl ever must have been watching a different game than me.

That was a master class of coaching, schemes, and in-game adjustments and counter-moves. It was a constant chess match all game long. An even battle between two excellently well-prepared teams. A slugfest between two of the NFL's all time greatest defensive minds. In the end, the game came down to tendency breakers and the 4th quarter discovery by the Patriots that forcing the Rams into their base defense would allow them passing game advantages, which led to the only touchdown of the game. 

There have been so many blowout or otherwise uninteresting Super Bowls throughout history. To say that tonight's game was the most boring ever just because it was not high scoring is just...yeah...I don't even know. I can't get on board with it at all. I completely disagree. Even WITH the Patriots being the victors, I found it to be one of the more tense and interesting Super Bowls I can ever remember watching.

?‍♂️

NFL can get away with that type of game tonight.  But that style of game tonight if played on a weekly basis...kills your sport within 5 years.  Just too many other venue pulling for our attention.  We want excitement , we want drama, we want momentum turns and back and forth fistacuffs.

All most of us got were Super Bowl parties filled with patrons ready to pull their eyeballs out it got so boring.

My wife said it best.

Andy Warhol eating the Hamburger was more exciting than this Super Bowl.

Yeesh!

Just now, KD in CA said:

People really bought into that whole 'defenses don't matter any more' nonsense after that Chiefs-Rams game, didn't they?

It’s not that peopel bought into it...it’s just we don’t want to watch coma inducing defensive borefests.  I mean Netflix, Hulu, All Access Networks, HBO, other sports, Amazon Prime, Disney Streaming. And so on.

The page has turned.  Sure Defensive stand out games will happen.

But they suck.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I didn't watch the halftime show.  I had to get ready for work at halftime so while Moron 5 was playing I went and released the Kraken and took a shower, in that order.

does “releasing the Kraken” = going #2, or something else?

• Haha (+1) 1

I liked the game, but hate that the Pats won it. Took the Rams too long to realize that you need to double Edelman on almost every play. Goff played like a deer in the headlights. Gurley was injured (or something?). That's all she wrote.

Pats deserved the win, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

does “releasing the Kraken” = going #2, or something else?

I sure hope so. I don't want to deal with slaying a kraken tonight...

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

NFL can get away with that type of game tonight.  But that style of game tonight if played on a weekly basis...kills your sport within 5 years.  Just too many other venue pulling for our attention.  We want excitement , we want drama, we want momentum turns and back and forth fistacuffs.

All most of us got were Super Bowl parties filled with patrons ready to pull their eyeballs out it got so boring.

My wife said it best.

Andy Warhol eating the Hamburger was more exciting than this Super Bowl.

Yeesh!

It’s not that peopel bought into it...it’s just we don’t want to watch coma inducing defensive borefests.

I agree that it was not a game that most casual fans -- and CERTAINLY most "Super Bowl only" viewers -- would enjoy. Luckily I am neither of those things.

I felt the game had a ton to offer for fans of Xs and Os, great coaching, scheme adjustments, and strategic nuance. In short, I feel it was a game that hardcore football fans couldn't help but love, while casual fans -- to whom only touchdowns equal entertainment -- were bound to hate.

As for it being a "coma inducing defensive borefest": Speak for yourself. I found it to have more tension and to be of greater interest strategically and schematically than many of the no-defense shootouts that happened in the NFL this year. 

We can agree to disagree. It's fine.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

M

GOOD!

GREAT!

I ***** LOVE IT!

Now maybe those "casual" fans will go away, and they can get rid of the halftime travesty that has nothing to do with football.

Catering to those people is what really detracts from the Super Bowl.

And of course, someone will chime in to say "That's what makes them money!"....

I don't care how much money the NFL makes. 

I care about watching football games that I enjoy, and not having the championship game turned into a lame display that caters to people that don't really care about the game.

4 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

GOOD!

GREAT!

I ***** LOVE IT!

Now maybe those "casual" fans will go away, and they can get rid of the halftime travesty that has nothing to do with football.

Catering to those people is what really detracts from the Super Bowl.

And of course, someone will chime in to say "That's what makes them money!"....

I don't care how much money the NFL makes. 

I care about watching football games that I enjoy, and not having the championship game turned into a lame display that caters to people that don't really care about the game.

Those people you don’t want...helps keep you having a League to watch.

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

As much as I hate Edelman, the guy is a gamer.

He deserved the MVP. Pats deserved to win. As painful it is to say 

I agree, and I find it painful as well. This was not like their win against Atlanta or Seattle, where if the other team just did what they were supposed to, the Patsies would lose. They were the better team tonight for sure. But I still hate them and this was probably the worst Super Bowl since I started watching football in 1991.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Those people you don’t want...helps keep you having a League to watch.

Nonsense. The league would be less profitable, but wouldn't die out. If the NFL were only as big as the NHL I would be perfectly happy.

Why should I care how much money the league makes?

3 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Nonsense. The league would be less profitable, but wouldn't die out. If the NFL were only as big as the NHL I would be perfectly happy.

Why should I care how much money the league makes?

“If the NFL were as big as the NHL”

????

nobody gives **** about the NHL.

spoken like a true buffalonian.

??the nhl??

yeah let’s strive to be that niche sport.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

As much as I hate Edelman, the guy is a gamer.

He deserved the MVP. Pats deserved to win. As painful it is to say 

Neither NE or LA deserved to be there in the first place. The between the Saints screwjob and the slew of 4th quarter overturned calls in NE’s favor at KC, the fix was clearly in. 

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL aka the Social Justice Warriors Football League is always whining that there's not enough black QBs or coaches. Notice how they never cry how there's few white players at every other position? And notice how underdrafted most white skilled players are. Edelman is just one of many of them who was way underdrafted. Gronk too.

45 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

“If the NFL were as big as the NHL”

????

nobody gives **** about the NHL.

spoken like a true buffalonian.

??the nhl??

yeah let’s strive to be that niche sport.

Its only niche in the US cause people like you find it too fast to keep up with whats going on. 

6 hours ago, NFLBighits said:

Now you know why the Saints got hosed! The darling league wanted there team to win one more!  Saints would've out scored them with ease!  

Haha OMG, So now we have a new narrative on why Saints got hosed?  Last 2 weeks it was because the NFL wanted Rams to win SB to sell tickets.  Now it’s because the NFL knew Goff would choke and it would help Pats win?

Oh man, some of you need better hobbies to distract you from all these conspiracy theories lol

Edited by Alphadawg7