Should look familiar to Bills fans

oldmanfan

1 minute ago, eball said:

I know whenever I need a pick-me-up this board never disappoints.

People are worshiping ESPN and Rodak on another thread because they said something optimistic about the Bills

??????????????

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Shula cashed in on a great run with the Colts and Fish and was worshiped for the next 20 years when he did nothing better than okay...

Fish fan friends who weren’t around for 1973 despised his vaunted genius for his last 15 years

And his talent at QB/WR was right up there with the all-timers--Marino racked up multiple passing records during his run, but the Bills were there to snuff out the Fish in the playoffs time after time. Unlike Hoodie, Shula simply could come up with no answers for the Bills O. 

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And his talent at QB/WR was right up there with the all-timers--Marino racked up multiple passing records during his run, but the Bills were there to snuff out the Fish in the playoffs time after time. Unlike Hoodie, Shula simply could come up with no answers for the Bills O. 

Shula was great for the late 60s and early 70s    style of football

And rode it right into 1995

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Shula was great for the late 60s and early 70s    style of football

And rode it right into 1995

Yes--the ultimate "resting on your laurels" HC who could never be ushered out the door unwillingly based on exactly that. Although, it's not like his 90's Miami teams were ever bad/awful (having Marino covered up a lot of sins), they just couldn't get over the hump outside the regular season, sort of like the modern era Chargers or Vikings? 

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yes--the ultimate "resting on your laurels" HC who could never be ushered out the door unwillingly based on exactly that. Although, it's not like his 90's Miami teams were ever bad/awful (having Marino covered up a lot of sins), they just couldn't get over the hump outside the regular season, sort of like the modern era Chargers or Vikings? 

Even with the miracle of Marino falling into his life it never amounted to much, even in the criminally weak AFC

On 2/4/2019 at 5:20 AM, oldmanfan said:

Belichick did tonight what he did in the Bills first Super Bowl.  Shut down a high scoring offense and completely ourcoached McVay just like he outcoached (along with Parcells) Marv.

Belicheck didn't shut down the Bills we moved the ball at will. The problem was the ball control ground and pound attack by the Giants and OJ Anderson. This idea that Belicheck shut us down is a myth we had 371 total yds in 19mins. I'm so sick of hearing this bullcrap. Mof if Norwood hits that fg that gives us 22pts in 19 mins of offense . If our defense got the Giants off the field we win easily by double digits 

Edited by BillsFan1988

On 2/3/2019 at 10:20 PM, oldmanfan said:

Belichick did tonight what he did in the Bills first Super Bowl.  Shut down a high scoring offense and completely ourcoached McVay just like he outcoached (along with Parcells) Marv.

McVay was awful.  A few 3rd and 2's, and he has Goff rolling out and passing.  Hand it off, and go for it on 4 and 1.  Or have a designed QB sneak.  I kept thinking that JA wins that game.  

33 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Belicheck didn't shut down the Bills we moved the ball at will. The problem was the ball control ground and pound attack by the Giants and OJ Anderson. This idea that Belicheck shut us down is a myth we had 371 total yds in 19mins. I'm so sick of hearing this bullcrap. Mof if Norwood hits that fg that gives us 22pts in 19 mins of offense . If our defense got the Giants off the field we win easily by double digits 

I guess you can't read.  He shut down a high scoring offense. We scored only 19 points. He took the passing game away.  And he along with Parcells outcoached Marv by running the ball down our throats.

Marv should have told Kelly to quit throwing the ball and just let Thurman and Kenny run.  

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I guess you can't read.  He shut down a high scoring offense. We scored only 19 points. He took the passing game away.  And he along with Parcells outcoached Marv by running the ball down our throats.

Marv should have told Kelly to quit throwing the ball and just let Thurman and Kenny run.  

I don’t believe Marv or his coaches did much during games

They either steamrolled or surrendered 10 points to the other side 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The pt is Belicheck didn't shut down nothing 371 yds & 19 Pts in 20mins of offense. Our D cost us more opportunities to score more. I'm tired of the NFL trying to tell the story the wrong way.  

21 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

The pt is Belicheck didn't shut down nothing 371 yds & 19 Pts in 20mins of offense. Our D cost us more opportunities to score more. I'm tired of the NFL trying to tell the story the wrong way.  

He won......

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Thurman Thomas was awesome in this game. If Meggett aka Welker/Amendola/Edelman didn’t convert that 3rd and 17 we likely win. 

I believe this is the play you are referring to on the Giants 9+ minute drive in 3rd Quarter.  Mark Ingram WR breaks 5 tackles on 3rd and 13, yikes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgWfLZgr-YA

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I believe this is the play you are referring to on the Giants 9+ minute drive in 3rd Quarter.  Mark Ingram WR breaks 5 tackles on 3rd and 13, yikes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgWfLZgr-YA

The one where he hopped on one leg for the last 12 yards?

he wanted to show Bavaro that he was man enough

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, oldmanfan said:

The biggest mistake was not giving those guys a chaperone the night before the Super Bowl.....as the rumors are wide spread about the partying they did

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He won......

Pt is people are trying to paint a picture that Belicheck shut down the Rams like he did the 90 Bills and that's not even close to the case.  I realize they have a copy of the game plan he had against us in the Hof.  I wonder if it explains that we had nearly 400yds offense and 19pts in under 20mins of football.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Pt is people are trying to paint a picture that Belicheck shut down the Rams like he did the 90 Bills and that's not even close to the case.  I realize they have a copy of the game plan he had against us in the Hof.  I wonder if it explains that we had nearly 400yds offense and 19pts in under 20mins of football.

I could dismiss every Pats season as unimpressive, aside from when Moss was there, but it’s silly after 18 or so years.

7 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I count 3 missed tackles.

That and Hostetler miraculously holding onto the ball on the safety were the 2nd and 3rd most remembered plays for me

How the frig did he not fumble it away for a Bills TD?

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I count 3 missed tackles.

let's call it 4 then.  Kirby Jackson, Talley, Kelso and JD Williams at the end.  Talley got up and secured tackle on 2nd try.  And it was Ingram not Meggett for the record.?