Should look familiar to Bills fans

oldmanfan

Actually this was not the typical Belichick defensive gameplan.  He did that to KC by taking away Tyreek Hill. Belichick typically doesn't bring as much pressure as he did today.  He determined that LA had no skill player that could hurt them.  No tight end of RB out of the backfield.  So he blitzed and stunted an overmatched LA O-line and QB.

By mid second quarter Romo figured it out.  McVeigh should have gone no huddle to slow down the pass rush, rolled the pocket, called a middle screen, and maybe go amx protect and take a few shots deep.  

LA probably wins if Goff makes any of three plays.  The deep middle shot to Cooks, hits the deep cross on 2nd and 20, or throws the INT ball 5 yards further downfield. 

32 minutes ago, sven233 said:

The Bills scored a point-a-minute in Super Bowl 25.  The problem was that they only had the ball for 19 minutes because the defense couldn't get off the field because of pathetic tackling and blown assignments.

Most overrated Bill of all time Darryl Talley crapped the bed multiple times in that game.  

In Super Bowl XXV, the Bills were who we thought they were.  Norwood missed a kick over 45 yds on grass in the game (he was not very good from that distance or longer on grass for his career), Bruce Smith was not as effective when teams ran right at him, and the defense overall had trouble stopping great RBs that year, like Marcus Allen, Bobby Humphrey, etc.  All of those problem areas were masked by the Bills scoring lots of points but reared their ugly heads in the Super Bowl.  That was also the year that there was no two week wait before the game so imagine if Belichick had an extra week to prepare.  The Bills may not have gotten 19 points.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Jeez.. get over it you pissants... it’s going on 30 years..

Yup. That's how long Belichik has been tormenting the Bills .As far as SB XXV goes, the Mark Ingram catch in the 3rd quarter was huge-- nearly the entire Bill's D missed tackles on him.

If I have to hear again about what a ***** genius Belicheat is, I'm gonna puke.  Jim Kelly handed him SB XXV by not giving the ball to Thurman enough.  The Giants were giving up huge chunks of yardage on the ground, and Kelly refused to take it, insisting on throwing way more than he needed to.  TT was the MVP of SB XXV.  OJ Anderson my ass.  So we handed him that Super Bowl.

Then we have the Seahawks handing him another one by not running the ball with Beast Mode.  And finally, the Falcons refusal to run the ball up 28-3 in the second half handed Belicheat yet a third Super Bowl.  The real question is not whether Belicheat is a genius, but why do people just get stupid when playing against him.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

well he is the goat.. I dont think mcd will ever be as good of a game day coach but with the culture and talent we are building we will have a chance to beat them.

BB my friend.....don't go so far out on a limb! :) :) :);) 

Sorry Brother, couldn't resist. :lol:

14 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Belichick did tonight what he did in the Bills first Super Bowl.  Shut down a high scoring offense and completely ourcoached McVay just like he outcoached (along with Parcells) Marv.

Thank you. Parcells and Belichick against Levy is like putting Mike Tyson in the ring against a second grade girl.

8 hours ago, par73 said:

Yup. That's how long Belichik has been tormenting the Bills .As far as SB XXV goes, the Mark Ingram catch in the 3rd quarter was huge-- nearly the entire Bill's D missed tackles on him.

at least you can see the excellence and drive in the Pats

no more flash in the pan champ like the Eagles one trick pony

44 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

BB my friend.....don't go so far out on a limb! :) :) :);) 

Sorry Brother, couldn't resist. :lol:

Thank you. Parcells and Belichick against Levy is like putting Mike Tyson in the ring against a second grade girl.

that limb is super sturdy. Honestly dont know if there will ever be another coach like Bellycheck but McDermott will be special as well.

15 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

Smart. Really kicking myself for watching that game. I just couldn’t not have it on in the background and then, bam... ended up watching.

Wow...wow

15 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Which are you sorry or glad?

Glad... ?

I actually watch an Adam Sandler movie on Netflix... "The Week Of..."  & judging from everyone's reaction, I think I made out better .... that movie was funny as heck! One of Sandler's best movies in years probably since Big Daddy. Good flick, good ending! Kinda has that Meet the Parents/Christmas Vacation feel 

Not really so sure the Bills were out coached yes in the sense that Bill's 1 & 2 kept the Bills off the field but if not for the amount of missed tackles by the D to keep drives alive the Bills would have had a lot better chance at winning that game .

The Bills defense had just as much to do with that SB being lost as the kick being missed. 

Another thing i never understood was why they couldn't get off another play to get a couple yards closer seeing as Norwood's percentages jumped quite a bit when under 46 yds seeing as the Bills had the hurry up a quick out for 3 yds could have put the ball through instead of wide right .

So many what if's but it is what it is & more blame can be put on the Bills D by missing the plays they did than being completely out coached although the 2 Bills had a great plan it was helped along quite a bit by misses on D ...

• Like (+1) 1

Shula cashed in on a great run with the Colts and Fish and was worshiped for the next 20 years when he did nothing better than okay...

Fish fan friends who weren’t around for 1973 despised his vaunted genius for his last 15 years

• Like (+1) 1