Non-call affected Super Bowl too

36 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

All we have heard the past week has been how the Saints were robbed(they were).

Now Gilmore held Cooks. Shd have been 1st and goal at the 1 for the Rams  down 7. Instead it is not called and Goff throws an interception to Gilmore on the next play.

Cheaters do appear to have all the luck.

just stop.

Just now, JohnC said:

From an officiating standpoint I thought this was an evenly called game where an observer couldn't come away saying that the calls benefited one side more than another. In general this was a consistently called game especially on the interference or defensive holding calls. The refs were judicious in not over or under officiating. I thought this crew did an excellent job. 

I generally agree. If our expectation is perfection on dozens of decisions every single play - well, why watch? You’ll never enjoy. This crew did well in not inserting themselves and letting the players play without allowing the game to get away from them either. 

40 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Stop your whining, there's holding on every play.  You need to find something a lot better than that to complain about.

The bottom line is, Gilmore held Cook's arm which allowed him not to get his other hand up to catch it. It was even brought up by Romo. Gilmore also never looked back for the ball. If it's called PI like it should have been, it would have been first and goal at the 1. Plain and simple

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Refs were fine. I wouldn’t have called it. They let them play and that was well within two guys playing for a ball. 

I believe DBs and WRs should be able to battle  it out for a ball. Too many times it’s called interference.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

I think that was a good non-call.

The holding called on the Rams Center after Gurley's big run was egregious.

I would like to see a replay of that one as I do ? that call. Other than that one holding call which might be legit I think the refs actually did a really good job tonight,

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

That would have been the most ticky tack call ever, not to mention practically impossible for the refs to see on the field.

The PI was very slight but it had no effect on the Rams receiver. He flat out choked and dropped the ball.  Biggest play of his life and he was found wanting!

Am I the only one amazed that neither coach threw a challenge flag? Patriots probably could've got a completion overturned but the Rams rushed to the line and snapped the ball.

Only call that bothered me was when NRC tackled the receiver behind the line of scrimmage. Not even sure what the call was for. Looked like a great football play to me.

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Am I the only one amazed that neither coach threw a challenge flag? Patriots probably could've got a completion overturned but the Rams rushed to the line and snapped the ball.

Only call that bothered me was when NRC tackled the receiver behind the line of scrimmage. Not even sure what the call was for. Looked like a great football play to me.

Officials for the most part were OK. 

But 3 pretty bad calls. No surprise, all were key calls, and all went against the Rams. 

1)Roughing on NRC. Guy made a tackle and his helmet bumped up against the RB. Bogus call. 

2). Holding on Rams center leading to 30 yd loss. Guy wasn't holding at all.  The Pats DT turned and fell. 

3). Hands to the face on Rams DL. Yeah, his hands were in the guy's face. The guy who had clamped onto his jersey and wouldn't let go. Should have been holding. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

All we have heard the past week has been how the Saints were robbed(they were).

Now Gilmore held Cooks. Shd have been 1st and goal at the 1 for the Rams  down 7. Instead it is not called and Goff throws an interception to Gilmore on the next play.

Cheaters do appear to have all the luck.

Geezus, enough alread about this Saints stuff. 

Saints screwed themselves.  They lost the game on the dumb decision to pass on first down that went incomplete on that same drive.  Worst decision possible, and they win that game if they run on first down instead and PI play never happens.

Second BOTH the Saints offense and defense saw the field in OT and failed to do their job and lost the game.  Not to mention there was missed offensive holding, bad holding, on the same PI play that should have been off setting penalties.  

Enough about this one play, Saints lost the game on many plays. And they should have been called for holding on the PI play anyway.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

7 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Not worth it.  He is a Pats fan.  Kinda weird they are on a Bills board but I guess they get bored.

Since there here let them hear this.

I DONT RESPECT ManMadeDYNASTY .

Let's not forget Bob Kraft is the original cheater of the bunch. He stole Belicheck from the Jets after he was hired. I mean the man had a initial press conference . This dynasty was born in cheating and has lived in it ever since. Must be nice not ever having to play behind the sticks when it matters. The Pat's Oline oh no they never hold EVER!. It must be like 4 playoffs in a row that they haven't gotten more then 1 holding call threwout. Let's not talk about there return units must be nice .