Defense wins championships

aristocrat

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Defense wins... but why is it never the same defenses, but usually the same offenses?

hopefully Allen gets good so fans don’t have to fall back on the “defense” belief to help compesate for never having an offense.

hopefully.

?

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Defense wins... but why is it never the same defenses, but usually the same offenses?

hopefully Allen gets good so fans don’t have to fall back on the “defense” belief to help compesate for never having an offense.

hopefully.

Because it takes more pieces to have a great D and that means paying more guys. Get a top QB you will have a great offense. That is easier to maintain cos it is pay 1 guy. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Bb has done it too many times to blame on Mcvay. Did it against us.  

Indeed. Belichick is a genius. But man McVay screwed up tonight. 

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

True, but man was Cooks open for a loooong time on that end zone pass.  That should have been an easy six.  I saw Goff late and not there at all on a lot of open receivers.  Painful to watch.

Yeah he was super late on that one for sure. Very disappointing game

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

Players still play the game. Goff missed an easy 6 and then threw an absolutely horrible INT with the game on the line.  McVay was good but Goff sucked.

McVay was good??? I suggest you watch the all 22 as soon as it is available. He really, really wasn't. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, GunnerBill said:

McVay was good??? I suggest you watch the all 22 as soon as it is available. He really, really wasn't. 

You have already seen the all 22?

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Players still play the game. Goff missed an easy 6 and then threw an absolutely horrible INT with the game on the line.  McVay wasn't good but Goff sucked.

And Brady's pass to Gronk near the goal line was gorgeous and it set up an  easy TD.

Still need a QB who can throw the football.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Both he and Goff choked hard on their own vomit

Just now, Nextmanup said:

And Brady's pass to Gronk near the goal line was gorgeous and it set up an  easy TD.

:thumbdown:

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Because it takes more pieces to have a great D and that means paying more guys. Get a top QB you will have a great offense. That is easier to maintain cos it is pay 1 guy. 

Yep.  People act like defense wins championships means defenses pitch shutouts.  It simply means defenses make some plays to slow the other offense down.  2 high powered offenses face off, 1 defense makes 4 stops while another make 2 who wins?

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I meant to type wasn't but apparently typed was, or my phone auto corrected...not sure.  I edited it immediately, you're quick.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Brady missed some throws too. The difference was New England kept trying to find something that worked. McVay and the Rams getting running Evertt and Higbee out for two tight end sets that were not working. 

23 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Defense CAN win championships...but in todays NFL...it usually doesn't.  One or two great defensive performance in the last decade do not prove defense wins championships.

5 out of the last 10 losing sb team were held to 17 points or under. I would hang my hat on defense.

7 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It isn't. The only constant in the Super Bowl over the last decade has been the Patriots. Since 2009 only the Seahawks, Steelers, and Broncos have made it to the Super Bowl twice. Outside of the Patriots it's a new team every year. The best TEAM makes it there, period.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dopey said:

5 out of the last 10 losing sb team were held to 17 points or under. I would hang my hat on defense.

6 of the last 10 winning superbowl teams before tonight scored over 30.  6 of the last 11 including tonight.  6 of 11 beats 5 of 10.

Someone else did the research on this (read it online, I'll try to find the article to link) but of the recent superbowls...the winning team more often than not had a higher league rank in offense than they did in defense.  I'm not sure how far back the study goes, which is why I'll try to find the article.

Edited by mjd1001

Defense certainly won this championship. 

Belichick schooled McVay every step of the way. The Rams had no answers. 

I dont like GOAT conversations at all,  but I’ll make an exception when I say Belichick is the greatest football coach in history. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

6 of the last 10 winning superbowl teams before tonight scored over 30.  6 of the last 11 including tonight.  6 of 11 beats 5 of 10.

out of the last 14 super bowls, 8 time the loser has been held to 17 points or under. 8 of 14 beats 6 of 11. 

The story of this game might be experience vs inexperience, but more likely, it's about the Patriots, the soulless, emotionless overlords of the NFL.  Aside from the grind of continual winning, this team hasn't done anything interesting in years.

And the dystopian hellscape of the NFL that the Patriots lord over is a barren wasteland of terrible officiating, horrible league office management, unbelievably greedy owners and moronic coaching.

The NFL is a dystopian nightmare ruled by an idiot savant of a coach and a QB whose entire off field persona is programmed by his wife. 

George Orwell is probably somewhere having a good laugh about all this.

Edited by Perry Turtle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2