Super Bowl 2nd half Game Thread

10 hours ago, jkeerie said:

It just seemed like any time the Rams got something going...a flag was thrown. 

That's true, but look at the caveat there  - there simply weren't enough times the Rams got anything going.  That's on McVay, mostly, and Goff, some.

The Rams didn't do as good a job preparing Goff for the kind of D NE likes to play as Pederman/Reich/DeFilippo did with Foles.  And even Romo was politely calling the Rams out for having statistical tendencies and following them - "time to move away from your tendencies" "you've got to move away from your tendencies". 

Then there was that drive-killing pick Goff threw just when it looked like the Rams might tie it.

I hope Allen was watching and taking notes.

10 hours ago, dubs said:

It was pretty bad. I’m fine with it, every game isn’t a 34-31 game with a last second score to win it. But this was a pretty gross game. Punt bowl

There have been a ton of worse games. SF-Denver in 1989, Raiders-Eagles in 1980, Raiders-Skins in 1983, SF-Miami in 1984, Denver-Dallas in 1976, Bears-NE in 1986, Bills-Redskins in 1992, Bills-Cowboys in 1993 ... that’s just a start. I didn’t even list any Vikings games or even all of Denver’s blowout losses.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's true, but look at the caveat there  - there simply weren't enough times the Rams got anything going.  That's on McVay, mostly, and Goff, some.

The Rams didn't do as good a job preparing Goff for the kind of D NE likes to play as Pederman/Reich/DeFilippo did with Foles.  And even Romo was politely calling the Rams out for having statistical tendencies and following them - "time to move away from your tendencies" "you've got to move away from your tendencies". 

Then there was that drive-killing pick Goff threw just when it looked like the Rams might tie it.

I hope Allen was watching and taking notes.

I actually totally agree Hap.  Even though the flags killed the Rams, it was Goff's ineptitude and McVay being outcoached that were the main reason the Rams lost.  The only side of the ball that was prepared on the Rams was the defense...and even then they couldn't contain Edelman.  I also think the Rams were not as explosive as a team this year when they lost Kupp.

That's why I really didn't care that NE won...as much as I hate them.  They were beatable yesterday, had the right team played them.

The Superbowl would have been better game wise, IMO, had either the Saints played the Pats or the Chiefs played the Rams.  In the former...two experienced QBs and HCs and in the latter, two inexperienced QBs.

• 4 weeks later...