Mahomes wins MVP

Virgil

5 hours ago, The Senator said:

I really think your reachin’ there, BillsFan.  

Josh has accuracy issues even when he’s looking at his receivers.

Let’s correct that before he tries any razzle dazzle sh*t.

Personally, I think the accuracy issue is an overblown narrative. Based on what I saw this year, I think the Bills have found their QB - with or without the "razzle dazzle sh*t." Mahomes had an incredible year. I was one that wanted the Bills to draft him; however, they didn't and I moved on. I'm not one to live in the past. I like what I see in Allen and I am truly looking forward to watching him grow as a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Great guy to have at qb but we saw this year he can't beat the patriots to get to the superbowl with a much stronger cast around him than he would have had here so I don't see that he would have been any use to us.

Yeah. The NFL MVP would be of no use to us.....

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Personally, I think the accuracy issue is an overblown narrative. Based on what I saw this year, I think the Bills have found their QB - with or without the "razzle dazzle sh*t." Mahomes had an incredible year. I was one that wanted the Bills to draft him; however, they didn't and I moved on. I'm not one to live in the past. I like what I see in Allen and I am truly looking forward to watching him grow as a QB.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m in agreement with you 100%.  I love Josh Allen, and look forward to seeing him develop into the Bills best QB since Jim Kelly.  Maybe better. (He was a higher draft pick than Kelly.)

All I’m saying is that every QB has some unique skills.  Josh has his tremendous speed, mobility, and ability to leap tall linebackers in a single bound.  Mahommes has the ability to complete those ridiculous passes.

I look forward to seeing them play against each other again, when Josh has better receivers and a better offensive line - maybe  in this season’s AFC title game...

19 and 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!! ????

• Like (+1) 1

If Brees would have gotten to the SB I think the vote may have been different, but you can't argue Mahomes didn't deserve it. He had an absolutely magical season and did things that most QB's in this league cannot do. Some of the angles he throws from and passes he made on the run throwing back across his body were sick. It helps when you have that kind of talent around you of course, but the young man is special. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well done to him - the kid deserves it.

While I believe in Allen, he had better work out in the long run, or McDermott needs to be taken out the back with the garbage.

Trading with KC to let them take Mahomes, doesn't look like the brightest move a team has ever made. Irrespective of what we got for it. Franchise QB > any other combination, really.

I'm not down on Allen, at all. He might become the best QB since sliced bread, but it doesn't stop me from being critical about moves made, or not, as the case may be.

Even if Allen does become our new 'franchise' QB (and I believe he will tbh), he could still end up being routinely outshone by Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, H2o said:

If Brees would have gotten to the SB I think the vote may have been different, but you can't argue Mahomes didn't deserve it. He had an absolutely magical season and did things that most QB's in this league cannot do. Some of the angles he throws from and passes he made on the run throwing back across his body were sick. It helps when you have that kind of talent around you of course, but the young man is special. 

Brees isn’t the type to crave worship and hype from fawning media, he just goes and does his job excellently for many years without boasting or playing to the gallery for cheap applause

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

At least they got it right this year.  They robbed Gurley last season.

7 hours ago, Jasovon said:

Great guy to have at qb but we saw this year he can't beat the patriots to get to the superbowl with a much stronger cast around him than he would have had here so I don't see that he would have been any use to us.

Right.  It was totally Mahomes fault the Chiefs didn't win.  He didn't outplay Brady or anything.

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

Well done to him - the kid deserves it.

While I believe in Allen, he had better work out in the long run, or McDermott needs to be taken out the back with the garbage.

Trading with KC to let them take Mahomes, doesn't look like the brightest move a team has ever made. Irrespective of what we got for it. Franchise QB > any other combination, really.

I'm not down on Allen, at all. He might become the best QB since sliced bread, but it doesn't stop me from being critical about moves made, or not, as the case may be.

Even if Allen does become our new 'franchise' QB (and I believe he will tbh), he could still end up being routinely outshone by Mahomes.

You don’t even know if the Bills would have taken him then if they didn’t trade!  Your speaking in complete hindsight. 

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Nah, it was right the first time. 

1305 yards rushing 4.7 ypc

64 rec 788 yds 

19 total TDs

The Hawks 9-7 record was no help to Russ.

My bad.  Iwas thinking of the previous season when he scored 38 of the teams' 39 TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Congratulations,  Mahomes had an awesome year.  Of course it has nothing to do with the Bills except that KC is in the same conference.  I do look forward to a couple of Bills versus KC layoff games featuring the two best young QB's in the league. 

Yeah. It has nothing to do with Bills.  Well except Andy Reid’s former DC traded him the pick and we traded up the next next year to take Josh Allen.  Now I know Allen is a 85% passer if he had good wrs and will win mvp but we probably should have taken the nfl’s mvp. 

13 hours ago, Billsmisery said:

Hoping for a sophomore slump I think BB may have exposed the Chiefs a bit. Jam the receivers at the line, no free releases. His lucky garbage throws will catch up to him eventually. Great season nevertheless. 

Yeah, agree completely.  Belichick limited him to 31 points in the second half.  Total blueprint.

7 hours ago, Jasovon said:

You realize how dumb this sounds right?  You have to be completely insane and irrational to act like Mahomes “lost” that game.  They scored 31 points in the second half and the Pats couldn’t stop them.

im sure if Josh Allen scored 31 points in a playoff loss against the best qb ever, you blame him for the loss.  Completely rational. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

He carried the nfl’s 2nd worst defense all year.  If the Chiefs defense wasn’t terrible, he’d be playing tonight.  This is a franchise changer and we traded down to take a cb (a good one but still).

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Doesn't matter.  If I wasted time worrying about every move the Bills have made the last 10 years on draft day I would be crying in my beer over the fact that the Bills failed to draft a team of pro-bowl  players! 

I sort of get the "wrong Josh" obsession as the Bills had a bimodal choice to make between Josh Allen & Josh Rosen last year.  But in the year that Mahomes came out?  Whose to say if the Bills stayed pat in that draft they would have picked him?  I don't remember a lot of the "experts" predicting that Mahomes would be an MVP QB in year 2 of his career.  If there were he would have been the #1 pick in the 2017 draft. 

Staying put and drafting someone else would’ve had the same issues. 

Like it or not, mahomes will always be associated with us. Who knows what would’ve happened here. Heck, who knows if he comes back to earth over the next few years.... but there will always be an association there. We needed a qb badly and didn’t take him. 

6 hours ago, Jasovon said:

He's playing in as many superbowls and has beaten the pats as many times as Josh allen

Doubling down on it. Bold strategy, cotton.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1