Mahomes wins MVP

Virgil

29 minutes ago, Buddo said:

And your point is?

Bottom line is that they should have taken him, and not traded the pick to KC. Mahomes will be a 'franchise' QB (barring injuries), and that trumps getting an extra pick or two, if you don't have one to begin with.

It's not the first mistake the Bills have made drafting, by any stretch, but it could still go down as one of the biggest.

There was a golden opportunity to get a franchise QB a year earlier, that was spurned. I'm not comfortable about that, at all. Seems to me like poor management. And it's on McDermott.

I think my point was pretty clear... you don't even know if the Bills would have taken him at 10 just like the 9 teams prior (Cleveland, Chicago, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Tennessee, NY Jets, LA Chargers, Carolina, and Cincinnati) who all, minus maybe LA and Carolina, could have used a QB.  Playing the hindsight game you are playing, no way he would have fallen to 10 anyway.  You're point is falling on deaf ears.  He is a Chief and not a Bill - get over it.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I’m pretty sure Mahomes wouldn’t have won the MVP in Buffalo this year. 

Give it time, I think Josh Allen is gonna be a stud 

well, you're likely right, but Reid > McDermott.

Reid: sits Mahomes for a year while he studies behind Smith. Starts him this year, and viola! AFC championship game and MVP, all while having one of the worst defenses in the league.

McDermott: began the 2018 season by starting the same QB that threw 5 picks in 1 half, the previous season.

Edited by 87168

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

well, you're likely right, but Reid > McDermott.

Reid sits Mahomes for a year while he studies behind Smith. Starts him this year, and viola! AFC championship game and MVP, all while having one of the worst defenses in the league.

McDermott starts the 2018 season by starting the same QB that threw 5 picks in 1 half, the previous season.

Mahomes sitting doesnt matter TBH, he would have been a star no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billsmisery said:

This isn't a very bright comment. 

Gotta love the closet Chiefs fans around here. 

DB/CB jamming Hill is flat out dumb with his speed. Go ask Jalen Ramsey how that worked out this year.

As far as Mahomes goes you don't magically throw up 5K yards and 50tds as a fluke with lucky garbage throws or whatever the hell you said. That was a stupid post and you need to be called out on it.

I'm the furthest thing from being a Chiefs fan BTW. I'm just not blind and will give credit where and when it's due. 

Mahomes is a Stud - Period

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

MVP is like kissing your sister when you think about where you should be today.

Great point.  When Allen Wins MVP and scores 31 points in the championship, I will consider his season a failure because he wasn’t good enough on defense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Anywhere close?  Yeah ok

Mahomes just threw for 5,097 yards and 50 TD's.  At the risk of repeating myself...Allen will not come anywhere close to those numbers...not next year or any year going forward.

Just for reference...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_single_season.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_single_season.htm

Edited by LabattBlue

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Your'e a dreamer if you think Allen(if he was on KC) would have a season anywhere close to what Mahomes just had.  Not in a 100 years.  Not in a 1000 years.  lol

Stats-wise, I would have to agree... but I think Josh may end up having him beat on leadership and intangibles. Time will tell.

38 minutes ago, Billsmisery said:

We all are entitled to our opinion, hence the whole message board thing. Some get their panties in a wad more than others 

Sometimes things get to us on here....

While I don’t discredit the season he had, it was very impressive. I’m still not sold he’s going to stay in the elite category. 

He makes some incredible throws we’ve never seen before but he also misses a LOT of plays. 

Every quarterback does. 

What concerns me with his MVP season is he managed to make it through the entire year with almost his entire offense super healthy. 

Thats really rare. I have my doubts he’s as elite without his weapons. Hill was hurt one game and put up insane numbers and caught everything down the field. Kelce was a monster all year long. 

Between Reids scheme and the health on offense I think helped pad some numbers. 

I don’t see Mahomes being bad, more along the lines of Russel Wilson. 

I cant see him maintaining these kinds of numbers year after year and being the best quarterback in the league. I also hate that people think if buffalo drafted him he’s going to magically somehow transform this offense. He would of been mediocre here the last two years. Any quarterback would of. You need weapons in this league. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Amazing player. No one saw this coming.

Wayne Arnold you are wrong Jeffsmagic Billsareback and many others warned all of you in many threads before that draft to take mahomes.They said he was a generational talent that would win multiple Superbowls and was the closest thing to Brett Farve. These posters were  ridiculed and run off the board. Jeffsmagic quit the forum over it. He was told that Mahomes was a 3rd rounder at best and they made fun of him for his and other people’s convictions. I love how people like to revise history on this site. Also the Chiefs made the trade and after they drafted mahomes they said the following. Mahomes is a once in a life time QB that you do not pass on. This was before he played one down for them. 

Who do you trust drafting QB’s Andy Reid or our team brass. So I’m a big Josh Allen fan I hope he does well. But right now he does not hold a candle to Mahomes. I would trade Allen, White and Edmunds straight up for mahomes. But the chiefs would laugh us out of the building. 

Edited by 1963Billsfan7
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 1963Billsfan7 said:

Wayne Arnold you are wrong Jeffsmagic Billsareback and many others warned all of you in many threads before that draft to take mahomes.They said he was a generational talent that would win multiple Superbowls and was the closest thing to Brett Farve. These posters were  ridiculed and run off the board. Jeffsmagic quit the forum over it. He was told that Mahomes was a 3rd rounder at best and they made fun of him for his and other people’s convictions. I love how people like to revise history on this site. Also the Chiefs made the trade and after they drafted mahomes they said the following. Mahomes is a once in a life time QB that you do not pass on. This was before he played one down for them. 

Who do you trust drafting QB’s Andy Reid or our team brass. So I’m a big Josh Allen fan I hope he does well. But right now he does not hold a candle to Mahomes. I would trade Allen, White and Edmunds straight up for mahomes. But the chiefs would laugh us out of the building. 

Oh, hey Jeff.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Your'e a dreamer if you think Allen(if he was on KC) would have a season anywhere close to what Mahomes just had.  Not in a 100 years.  Not in a 1000 years.  lol

You put Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers on that KC team and they don't throw for 50 TDs. They are HOF QBs and have never come close to  that number. 

That's how good of a season this kid had. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 1963Billsfan7 said:

There are internet posters who say stuff like that about every single quarterback prospect. It doesn't mean dick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

....consider Mahomes was a coin toss away from singlehandedly dragging the NFL's worst defesne to a super bowl.  .....Also bear in mind that against the same Belechick/Flores defesne that stymied the Rams....it stymied the Chiefs for a half....Mahomes figured it out and put up 31 points on that defense in the second half of the AFC title game.  The Rams D that held the Pats to 13 points....Mahomes put up 50 on it.  ....and it's not even the numbers....it's clear a few here just have haven't seen him play....he does things NO ONE does.  They cut the 2017 NFL leading rusher midseason...and he didn't miss a beat.  Many of you here see it....I'm not talking to you folks...just the holdouts who don't want to admit Mahomes is good.....or is the product of the system the McNabb, Vick, Alex Smith, Foles, etc...never put anywhere close to the same numbers in.....and it wasn't becasue they tried to bump Mahomes nubmers...KC ran 9 more total plays in 2018 than they did in 2017.....with the same weapons etc.....Mahomes was that much better.  

Besides...it's not like you ended up with nothing....Tre White is very good and you have Josh Allen....I don't know what Allen will be yet, but he's exciting and he represents hope for the future....much better than if you had traded out, drafted Ruben Foster and then missed on QB's this passed draft.  Nothing wrong with acknowledging that Mahomes is really good AND being excited for your own teams prospects.