Would you swap picks with Pittsburgh in trade down

RPbillsfan

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think the FO feels safe, and as I’ve said before I wouldn’t’t be at all surprised to add fairly high picks for next year. 

Im not opposed to trading for picks in the future but I think we can contend next year if we form a good OL and add a couple

more playmakers and spare parts on D.  A solid foundation on defense and a QB that has the shoulders to carry the city. I billieve.  Hopefully Dorsey can add other elements to allow Josh’s to see additional perspectives 

Trading down is always a smart move.  2nd and 3rd rounders are amazing assets for roster building, where you can find solid starters for bargain basement money.  I'm always a proponent of trading down and picking up picks this year or next.  This team has a ton of needs and I'd rather have 4 or 5 top 100 picks rather than 3.  

Unfortunately, the Bills in the last 2 drafts have shown a bad habit of blowing 2nd and 3rd rounders to do just the opposite: and trade up for the guys they just have to have.  Not smart and also not surprising.

3 minutes ago, Estro said:

Trading down is always a smart move.  2nd and 3rd rounders are amazing assets for roster building, where you can find solid starters for bargain basement money.  I'm always a proponent of trading down and picking up picks this year or next.  This team has a ton of needs and I'd rather have 4 or 5 top 100 picks rather than 3.  

Unfortunately, the Bills in the last 2 drafts have shown a bad habit of blowing 2nd and 3rd rounders to do just the opposite: and trade up for the guys they just have to have.  Not smart and also not surprising.

I understand what you are saying but overall the drafts have been pretty respectable

and lets keep in in mind that one of these drafts several assets were given up to move for what we hope is a franchise QB....and we did this without giving up any FUTURE assets......which in itself is amazing.

There is a good chance the Giants, Lions, and Jax could pick QB’s.  If that is the case I don’t see Washington trading up, but the Steelers might.

If  1 or 2   don’t take a QB, then I can see a trade with Washington.  Even though Beane wasn’t officially in last year’s draft, you can bet he had advised McDermot, b/c the only reason Whaley was fired before the draft, McD would not want him to give up knowledge of Buffalo’s board.

I say this b/c based on last year, we traded down and up to get their guys.  I still think it was a good draft, so you can most likely expect  movement both ways to get the best players.  To go down, one of these teams must covet the available player.  We’ll see.  I can only imagine how stressful that day is for the staff.

8 hours ago, Estro said:

It's not always a smart move.  In fact, it's a pretty dumb move when you trade away the rights to a franchise changing player.  Give me a superstar over a bunch of bums every day.  If you think trading up isn't smart than why have so many GMs traded up for their QBs the last 3 drafts?  You think you're smarter than the majority of NFL GMs-GET REAL. 

20 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Trade down with Washington for their 2nd rnder, then down again with Pittsburgh. One first at 20 then 3 2nds. Perfect positions for wrs and oline.

Unless pittsburgh guves up more more I see buffalo doing a trade with Washington then another trade down and get a bunch of picks in top 4 rounds.

As always, a lot will depend on free agency and how the early draft picks fall.  I think there may be an early rush on QBs by the likes of Miami (assuming Tannehill goes as expected) and Denver but sanity may prevail.  That said, here is what I expect to see:

1.  There will be panic in the streets and a rush to trade up to get a QB before the slim pickins is totally gone.

2.  The much higher quality group of offensive and defensive linemen are chosen as anticipated and above mentioned teams can move up to get their QB without mortgaging the entire farm.

Either way, I see the Bills in an excellent position to move down and get extra picks on Day 2 of the draft.

Edited by Billsfansinceday1

On 2/2/2019 at 8:50 PM, Augie said:

I think the FO feels safe, and as I’ve said before I wouldn’t’t be at all surprised to add fairly high picks for next year. 

Idk if this is reasonable but I hope they trade and get as many future picks as possible to offset the contracts coming up. Hopefully they can spread them out well with the handful of future all-pros we've drafted the last 3 years

On 2/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

It's not always a smart move.  In fact, it's a pretty dumb move when you trade away the rights to a franchise changing player.  Give me a superstar over a bunch of bums every day.  If you think trading up isn't smart than why have so many GMs traded up for their QBs the last 3 drafts?  You think you're smarter than the majority of NFL GMs-GET REAL. 

Well theres probably +/- a million examples of why that doesnt work also.  Look at the RGIII pick, awful trade and it set Wash back years.  You have to have faith McBeane can identify talent for all the holes (except WR, I dont trust them there)