Would you swap picks with Pittsburgh in trade down

RPbillsfan

I'm sure Brandon Beene is looking at many different trade scenarios.  Based on the list of Prioritized needs:

Interior OL

WR

TE

DT

RB

Lets assume Bills add RT Darryl Williams, a WR let's say a Chris Conley, a TE possibly a Jesse James or one of the Bengals FA and maybe a DT and a RB such as. TJ Yeldon

Nice FA haul that could fill some of the holes on the roster.

The reason I think a trade down with the Steelers is viable is they need a sideline to sideline LB and would need to get in front of the Bengals to get a shot at LSU stud Devin White.

If two QB's go in the top 8 I think white would be available at pick 9.

This Would give the Bills to choose between letting the Steelers move up and seeing if the Bengals make us an offer to let them go up and get the LB they desperately need.

I think we tell the Steelers they can make the deal if they offer their 1st Pick 20, 2nd Pick 52 and 3rd pick  83 and we offer our 1st 5th to balance the numbers using the 2019 draft value chart.

Now at 20 we probably have our pick of the WR group.  Maybe Risner or Cody Ford is available, possible that TJ Hockenson may still be their.

The Bills would have Pick 20 on day 1, picks 40, 52, 74 and 83 on day 2.

I would with those picks take a WR, OL, TE, RB and DT, the order is who is the BPA at the time the pick comes up and the positional depth.

Would love to read your thoughts.

Just now, Turk71 said:

Trade down with Washington for their 2nd rnder, then down again with Pittsburgh. One first at 20 then 3 2nds. Perfect positions for wrs and oline.

Problem with your scenario is Bengals take the LB the Steelers would trade up for.  A trade down with Skins would net us a 1st and 2nd and to balance the value the Bills would have to give up a 4th.

Bills would then have Pick 15, 40, 46, 74

Kind of prefer a potential Steeler trade down

10 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'm sure Brandon Beene is looking at many different trade scenarios.  Based on the list of Prioritized needs:

Interior OL

WR

TE

DT

RB

Lets assume Bills add RT Darryl Williams, a WR let's say a Chris Conley, a TE possibly a Jesse James or one of the Bengals FA and maybe a DT and a RB such as. TJ Yeldon

Nice FA haul that could fill some of the holes on the roster.

The reason I think a trade down with the Steelers is viable is they need a sideline to sideline LB and would need to get in front of the Bengals to get a shot at LSU stud Devin White.

If two QB's go in the top 8 I think white would be available at pick 9.

This Would give the Bills to choose between letting the Steelers move up and seeing if the Bengals make us an offer to let them go up and get the LB they desperately need.

I think we tell the Steelers they can make the deal if they offer their 1st Pick 20, 2nd Pick 52 and 3rd pick  83 and we offer our 1st 5th to balance the numbers using the 2019 draft value chart.

Now at 20 we probably have our pick of the WR group.  Maybe Risner or Cody Ford is available, possible that TJ Hockenson may still be their.

The Bills would have Pick 20 on day 1, picks 40, 52, 74 and 83 on day 2.

I would with those picks take a WR, OL, TE, RB and DT, the order is who is the BPA at the time the pick comes up and the positional depth.

Would love to read your thoughts.

We gave up more than that to go from 12 to 7.  20 to 9 is 2 first rounders territory.

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Trade down with Washington for their 2nd rnder, then down again with Pittsburgh. One first at 20 then 3 2nds. Perfect positions for wrs and oline.

If I trade with Was I want a 2nd and 5th.  Then I would move down to 20 for a 2nd.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We gave up more than that to go from 12 to 7.  20 to 9 is 2 first rounders territory.

QB draft compensation has a higher premium hence the draft capital.  That's why a trade down with the Redskins would net a 2nd

3 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

QB draft compensation has a higher premium hence the draft capital.  That's why a trade down with the Redskins would net a 2nd

Its realy based on the market and how much a player is coveted.  I will agree that teams that want a QB are usually desperate but Beane told Tampa he wouldnt give them what they wanted IIRC and they called back with an offer that was acceptable.  1 has a rediculous value 4-5 are costly.  Top ten is still the sweet spot.  Their is a premium when asking a team to move 5 places out of the Top 10 with elite talent on the board.  We will likely be looking at a few players we want that are elite.  Who is left on the board dictates a lot also.  Can Buf still get a guy they want at 15.  They would have to get enough to make them able to do what I think McBeane wants to do and that is trade back into the first while still having a 2nd after.  Thats what I believe to be the case.

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

No team gives up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for a LB.

Good chance if he is that valueable we take him.

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its realy based on the market and how much a player is coveted.  I will agree that teams that want a QB are usually desperate but Beane told Tampa he wouldnt give them what they wanted IIRC and they called back with an offer that was acceptable.  1 has a rediculous value 4-5 are costly.  Top ten is still the sweet spot.  Their is a premium when asking a team to move 5 places out of the Top 10 with elite talent on the board.  We will likely be looking at a few players we want that are elite.  Who is left on the board dictates a lot also.  Can Buf still get a guy they want at 15.  They would have to get enough to make them able to do what I think McBeane wants to do and that is trade back into the first while still having a 2nd after.  Thats what I believe to be the case.

Good chance if he is that valueable we take him.

I love this player but he plays same position as Edmunds, if they move Edmunds to OLB, White would be an awesome choice

6 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I love this player but he plays same position as Edmunds, if they move Edmunds to OLB, White would be an awesome choice

I dont know about that.  Edmunds is only 20 and that is a bigger deal as far as growth and developement than people realise.  The coaching staff is really high on him.  I still have to look more into White.  Edmonds is a freak athlete with a high football IQ.  Some people had him as the top LB on their board.  I does sound like white will be at the top of the LB boards this draft though.

33 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

We gave up two 2nds for a similar trade for a QB

I know this is a harmless hypothetical .. but who is left on the board at 9 when the Bills pick?

This should be the primary assessment that the Bills need to consider whether to move down or not .., not the compensation..

If Josh Allen is still there it doesn’t really matter what they get offered to move down ( I hope)..Perhaps an extreme example, but what if they love someone and he is still there at 9? Shouldn’t they just take him?

I also don’t think that Beane is  thinking ...” we’ll if I move down to 20 I can get this dude, and then with the extra second I can fill need B and with the extra third round I can fill need C”..

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I know this is a harmless hypothetical .. but who is left on the board at 9 when the Bills pick?

This should be the primary assessment that the Bills need to consider whether to move down or not .., not the compensation..

If Josh Allen is still there it doesn’t really matter what they get offered to move down ( I hope)..Perhaps an extreme example, but what if they love someone and he is still there at 9? Shouldn’t they just take him?

I also don’t think that Beane is  thinking ...” we’ll if I move down to 20 I can get this dude, and then with the extra second I can fill need B and with the extra third round I can fill need C”..

The free agency and draft are to fill needs and add depth.  If Beene is not thinking about filling primary needs by any means available he should be fired.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

The free agency and draft are to fill needs and add depth.  If Beene is not thinking about filling primary needs by any means available he should be fired.

Well, you better let Pegula know that then, because  Beane told the media a couple of weeks back that he is not going to draft for need..

27 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Edmunds is much bigger and still a sideline to sideline MLB.  I think if anything he would take move around between Zo an Milanos position with Milano becoming McDs big safety. He is closer in size to Thomas Davis(6'1")than Luke Kuechly(6'3").  But from the little bit I watched he looks like an excellent defender.

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Trade down with anyone.  I don’t think it’s possible to trade down far enough if we can keep acclimating picks.  Trade down to 15, then to 20 then to 30

I think the FO feels safe, and as I’ve said before I wouldn’t’t be at all surprised to add fairly high picks for next year. 

It's hard to get caught up in all of the detail of potential draft moves until we see what teams do with the release of players and acquisitions in free agency.  There always seems to be a team or two with GMs on the hot seat that need to pull a miracle out of the draft.  Those are the teams that we should count on to reach for a player or pay too much to move up.  Elway in Denver may be one of those guys this year.  Washington and Jacksonville are probably in desperation mode as well.  With all the drama in Pittsburgh and missing the playoffs, they may feel the need to jump at a missing roster piece before Big Ben's window closes.  It's going to be fun to watch it all unfold.

• Like (+1) 2