2019 HOF Class announced/NFL Honors ceremony

YoloinOhio

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Rodgers wins moment of the year for leading a comeback in a meaningless game? Like that moment was better than the Rams Chiefs game or Baker leading a comeback in his first regular season action to lead the Browns to their first win in 19 games. What a joke. 

I was convinced that Baker was going to win that one after losing ROY and OROY. 

I think it is a good list.  I was listening to NFLR and 93% of the top 10 eventually get in at some point.  The timing is from 1970 to present per John Clayton.

As far as Kevin Mawae, he went to 9 Pro Bowls when players always and 2 All Pro and didn’t miss a game in 10 years.  I do agree with the above poster, I’d love for his family’s sake, and he earned it Kent Hull to get a yellow jacket.

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Nagy over Reich seems like a bit of a stretch... 

You could make a strong case for either.  Bears won their division though.  I think Andy Reid and Pete Carroll deserved some consideration, but it usually goes to a candidate that takes a team from bottom feeders to playoff contenders.

10 hours ago, Logic said:

The fact that Don Coryell continues to get passed up year after year is absolutely unfathomable, unconscionable, ridiculous. The NFL in 2019 simply would not be what it is without his contributions to the game.

A travesty.

...GREAT call.......Air Coryell & Fouts were the good old days.......................

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Really? Maybe I'm in the minority but Saturday night before the SB is a non-event to me. I look forward to finding out who makes the Hall but I don't think I've ever seen the announcements. Is it televised? Not trying to be a jerk,  just asking and genuinely surprised at your comment.

Not sure why you would be surprised. The NFL and the host city wants to get as much out of the weekend as possible. If anything, the game would be moved to Monday before it would Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Not sure why you would be surprised. The NFL and the host city wants to get as much out of the weekend as possible. If anything, the game would be moved to Monday before it would Saturday. 

I wasn't saying they would move the game to Saturday, I'd be shocked if they moved it off Sunday any time soon.  But if hypothetically they decided to move the game to Saturday I'd be surprised if the Hall Of Fame announcements would stand in the way. And that's because it's never been on my radar screen. Perhaps its far more popular than I'm aware of.

I can't argue against the list. Good class. I'm glad Champ Bailey got in. There are a lot of people who think he isn't necessarily deserving, but I urge those who don't believe so to got look at his stats and honors. He was one of the best corners to ever play the game.

12 time Pro Bowler. 3 time All Pro.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I wasn't saying they would move the game to Saturday, I'd be shocked if they moved it off Sunday any time soon.  But if hypothetically they decided to move the game to Saturday I'd be surprised if the Hall Of Fame announcements would stand in the way. And that's because it's never been on my radar screen. Perhaps its far more popular than I'm aware of.

They haven’t done the HOF announcement/NFL Honors night for very long. It’s been maybe 5-6 years. Kiko was a finalist for DROY at one of them so it’s been at least that long. I want to say it started in 2012.

• Thank you (+1) 1