How much money did you spend on Super Bowl pools?

Another Fan

38 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hey, he got 7th out of 8 horses...whats not to like?

Lucky 7? I love getting lucky! 

OK, no more whining now that you put that positive and incontrovertible spin on it! 

I am in a couple of $50 SB pools. But both of these are not the typical ‘square’ pools. 10 people throw in some $ and each gets a # 0-9. The winner is the ones digit when the final score is added. So, a 5 would be a winner of a 24-21 final score. Really, no bad numbers.

$65 this year(two $20 squares and one $25 square) and I have a lunch wager with a Patriots fan at work.  I generally do a little more squares/gambling action on the big game but I've been feeling pretty Blah on the Super Bowl this year and have been busy with other stuff.  

6 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

$65 this year(two $20 squares and one $25 square) and I have a lunch wager with a Patriots fan at work.  I generally do a little more squares/gambling action on the big game but I've been feeling pretty Blah on the Super Bowl this year and have been busy with other stuff.  

Update* Ended up winning $650.  Not a bad ROI on $65

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/2/2019 at 5:24 PM, SinceThe70s said:

I once charted all the final scores of Super Bowls. For the most part it's what you'd expect. 0, 7  and 3 were the most prevalent. What was interesting (but not surprising in hindsight) is that for the losing team 0, 3 and 7 are really common but the distribution for the winning team isn't nearly as skewed because they tend to score more points and get off the common numbers.

As for me, I'm in for $100. I split a $100 box with a friend, I have 4 $10 boxes in two other pools and I have $10 on a prop bet pool that I run.

I won exactly $0 dollars.

Funny part was I was siting on around $2500 if the Pats had turned 10-3 into 17-3. I was caught between rooting for a garbage time TD that would win me money and a chance for the Rams to take the game to OT and beat the evil Patriots. Story of my life - neither happened.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:36 PM, SinceThe70s said:

I won exactly $0 dollars.

Funny part was I was siting on around $2500 if the Pats had turned 10-3 into 17-3. I was caught between rooting for a garbage time TD that would win me money and a chance for the Rams to take the game to OT and beat the evil Patriots. Story of my life - neither happened.

I figured that the Pats were going to win anyway, so I was accepting of it as long as I was going to make some money. I was hoping after the FG for maybe a 'Pick 6' to get a zero again.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ok final tally in,

$40 in $5 house pool at neighbors (got nothing)

$100 in $20 boxes at work (got nothing)

Split 2 $1000 boxes with 3 others in big pool (each score take $1500, 5K to reverse final, balance 70% to final, 30% to halftime). Got the halftime score and the score to get there so $1500 plus 30% of pot....AFTER everything is done, the guy automatically takes 10% off the top for running it. We were not happy with that nugget of information since it was not published beforehand. Sure we would have tipped out, but skimming right off the top seems a bit cheesy. After all said and done we should be getting $23,900 to split between the 4 of us. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

A coworker used to run a season long 10 X 10 square pool for the Bills, participants would select four squares on the board, these squares would be yours for the entire season.  Before each game, a neutral party would draw new numbers for the Bills and their weekly opponent.  Price was intentionally kept low, and 100% total payouts were only at the half and final score, in keeping with the reduced cost and season long commitment.

$5.00 for each half.

Unfortunately I didn't win.

11 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Ok final tally in,

$40 in $5 house pool at neighbors (got nothing)

$100 in $20 boxes at work (got nothing)

Split 2 $1000 boxes with 3 others in big pool (each score take $1500, 5K to reverse final, balance 70% to final, 30% to halftime). Got the halftime score and the score to get there so $1500 plus 30% of pot....AFTER everything is done, the guy automatically takes 10% off the top for running it. We were not happy with that nugget of information since it was not published beforehand. Sure we would have tipped out, but skimming right off the top seems a bit cheesy. After all said and done we should be getting $23,900 to split between the 4 of us. 

WOW!

Congratulations to one and all.?

Edited by CowgirlsFan

On 2/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, Guffalo said:

Split 2 $1000 boxes with 3 others in big pool (each score take $1500, 5K to reverse final, balance 70% to final, 30% to halftime). 

So each time the score changes, there's a payout?