New Coaches Hired - QB, WR

eSJayDee

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hey they are all McVay 's :D

also tired of the Cam comparisons. They may have similar physical abilities but mentally they are miles apart. Cam was/is known for pouting when things dont go his way and the infamous "business decision" to protect his legs during the Super Bowl because of his fumble. This will never happen with Josh.

Which?

we might finally be getting the staff McD has been working towards .

I thought it was gonna be Dorsey 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/2/2019 at 1:24 PM, jahnyc said:

I am pretty underwhelmed by the new hires to the coaching staff.  There were a lot of experienced assistant coaches and coordinators available after the season with all of the head coaching changes.  Were these the most qualified assistant coaches that we could hire?  Was Dorsey the best QB coach that was available to us?  At this point, I am not sure if there is anything more important to the future success of the team than Allen's development.  I also find the continuing reach back and connections to the Panthers a bit tiresome.

Then when we hire an experienced coach we're going to hear about all the retreads were bringing on board. Sometimes you got to go young and I think this is the time.

8 hours ago, eball said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Josh may be more “talented” than any QB in the league. 

Just needs to keep working and put it all together.  People laughed at me when I said he had GOAT potential.  At this point its still potential but his floor has moved up a bit.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:10 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Don't anyone dare point out that it's another Panthers hire. Lest you wish to be pelted with rocks from the crowd of people who get strangely defensive of it and are convinced there's no such trend.

Of course the staff should avoid all hires from Panthers to avoid being pelted by rocks.

Where are the rocks coming from?  The throwers' heads of course!

This is what scares me most about our connection to the Panthers, our higher ups can only evaluate players and coaches that they have been in direct contact with. They refuse to take a chance with a coach or player outside the box which is the Carolina Panthers organization. If your WR coach sucks you don't promote the guy who worked under him. We know Ken Dorcy sucks, we known our WR coach sucked. I don't see how anyone can be excited about the coaches that we hired. I don't think they can make an evaluation outside the Panthers organization. I really don't see us making a push in the AFC, we need such a talent infusion that we are at least 2 years away from good FA and good drafting to even have a chance.

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This is what scares me most about our connection to the Panthers, our higher ups can only evaluate players and coaches that they have been in direct contact with. They refuse to take a chance with a coach or player outside the box which is the Carolina Panthers organization. If your WR coach sucks you don't promote the guy who worked under him. We know Ken Dorcy sucks, we known our WR coach sucked. I don't see how anyone can be excited about the coaches that we hired. I don't think they can make an evaluation outside the Panthers organization. I really don't see us making a push in the AFC, we need such a talent infusion that we are at least 2 years away from good FA and good drafting to even have a chance.

Might want to research that one a little further 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 2/2/2019 at 1:53 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like they see Josh as a kid who could be the “process” version of Cam. They are certainly trying to recreate his development. 

I think people on this board speak negatively of Cam as though it somehow makes McD look better. That team is a mess offensively and he is the least of their problems is the injured Cam. I don't even like the guy, but this is getting as weird as when people praised McD for his work with Cam and they're not even on the same side of the ball. 

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think people on this board speak negatively of Cam as though it somehow makes McD look better. That team is a mess offensively and he is the least of their problems is the injured Cam. I don't even like the guy, but this is getting as weird as when people praised McD for his work with Cam and they're not even on the same side of the ball. 

I’m not sure what you mean by this - as I’m not speaking negatively of him in terms of it being my opinion about Cam. He’s had well-documented issues that point to him not being a leader and not being the most focused/coachable QB. That’s not my opinion or me being negative about him. That’s just who he is. Nothing to do with his injury. Nothing to do with McDermott. 

12 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The percentages do not agree with you sir

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bottom line.....that is a compliment from a Super Bowl QB

15 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't have very much life experience -- i.e., maybe you're in your twenties?  Your comments reek of someone who doesn't really understand how life works in the professional and business worlds.

Just hang in there.

• Like (+1) 3

On 2/3/2019 at 11:08 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This is what scares me most about our connection to the Panthers, our higher ups can only evaluate players and coaches that they have been in direct contact with.

Poyer, Hyde and Hauschka say hello... 

I'm stoked about this hire !! I believe Dorsey will be a huge get for Allens progression especially seeing as Culley had little to no QB coaching experience before he came to Buffalo, his history as a coach was mostly WR's. 

I never got that connection sure the WR's catch the ball but didn't know how a WR's coach knew about QB foot work & all the intricacies that went along with being a good QB coach .

I now don't see why they need to keep Anderson around to take up a roster spot that could be used for another position unless he will be a sounding board for Dabol & McD as far as the game plan but Dorsey one would think could be that guy too ??

Edited by T master

2 hours ago, T master said:

I'm stoked about this hire !! I believe Dorsey will be a huge get for Allens progression especially seeing as Culley had little to no QB coaching experience before he came to Buffalo, his history as a coach was mostly WR's. 

I never got that connection sure the WR's catch the ball but didn't know how a WR's coach knew about QB foot work & all the intricacies that went along with being a good QB coach .

I now don't see why they need to keep Anderson around to take up a roster spot that could be used for another position unless he will be a sounding board for Dabol & McD as far as the game plan but Dorsey one would think could be that guy too ??

I think it boils down to the fact that there are no limitations around how much time players can spend with each other.  Anderson is a guy who can literally be available for Josh 24/7.

3 hours ago, T master said:

In theory, they could sign a UDFA to the PS and save a spot on the 53 man roster, but I understand the value of having multiple veterans around to help mentor a prize rookie.  You could also save a roster spot by teaching a real offensive lineman to long snap, but you have to have a long snapper who is good.  It's better to have a great long snapper than a mediocre one who saves you a roster spot.  BTW, Derek Anderson has already demonstrated his worth as a sounding board to Daboll, and has made contributions to the playbook.