New Coaches Hired - QB, WR

eSJayDee

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Don't anyone dare point out that it's another Panthers hire. Lest you wish to be pelted with rocks from the crowd of people who are strangely defensive of this issue.

Yet another dang Panthers hire. 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn’t realize how young Ken Dorsey is. He’s only 37yrs old. For some reason I thought he was older. 

I’m good with this hire. He meets the requirements I mentioned I was hoping for. I didn’t want them to treat it as en entry level hire and I wanted someone who had experience as a quarterbacks coach or as a quarterback and Dorsey has both.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

KEN DORSEY OF THE PANTHERS???? But seriously, a few people have noted this as a likely hire given the jump from app state. Good call fellas.

...surprised it didn't happen year when he left Panthers.....Culley must have had a year left....Hall is an internal promotion I believe..............

I am pretty underwhelmed by the new hires to the coaching staff.  There were a lot of experienced assistant coaches and coordinators available after the season with all of the head coaching changes.  Were these the most qualified assistant coaches that we could hire?  Was Dorsey the best QB coach that was available to us?  At this point, I am not sure if there is anything more important to the future success of the team than Allen's development.  I also find the continuing reach back and connections to the Panthers a bit tiresome.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been singing Dorseys praises a long time and his work with the idiot in Carolina was amazing. The guy is a great QB coach and it's a shame that he had such an uncoachable talent down there.

He can speak to QB's and understand the defense very well. Very happy for this.  Dude will be an OC in 3 or 4 years.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 8

I really like the Dorsey hire. He was a guy who hung around the NFL awhile and was somewhat serviceable with pretty much no talent. Similar to a guy like Kellen Moore, dudes like that have to anticipate and use every resource in their bodies to push the ball. That's the kind of guy I want coaching JA. A guy who knows how to make use of every inch of his talent. No brainer hire.

I said this somewhere else, but Hall is likely the guy who needs to be credited with the development of Robert Foster. RF made gains while on the practice squad, where he would have been coached by Hall. I'm good with it. Again a guy who made it in the league despite being tiny and having little talent. 

• Like (+1) 3