Coonman says it wasn’t him, after yesterday’s apology ???

13 minutes ago, snafu said:

The only thing that would make the KKK guy being in the photo acceptable is if the guy in Blackface was pummeling him.

Otherwise, who the heck shows up anywhere in a KKK outfit?

...and who the heck wants his photo taken next to the guy in the KKK outfit?

Again...if it were a black guy in the Klan costume and Northam in blackface...

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Northam has now apologized to everyone except to Ed Gillespie who he repeatedly and falsely called a racist........?

Thumbnail

FLASHBACK TO 2013: Virginia Dem Lieutenant Gov. Nominee Ralph Northam Refuses To Shake Hands With Black GOP Opponent.

I remember, good old Coonman was cheered for that

Thumbnail

From your link:

It was insulting, but, on the other hand, I thought it was consistent with the way he behaves. Because, this spot he’s been running, saying that I believe that a child born with birth defects is born that way because of their parents’ sin is just a damnable, palpable, despicable lie. I don’t believe that. I never said anything like that. And it’s that kind of dishonesty that, to me, says this is not the kind of person that needs to be holding state-wide office. Not shaking my hand really just confirmed that. 

Ken Klukowski has a report detailing reaction from black civil rights leaders over the insulting snub. 

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Then the black guy in the Klan costume should be pummeled for being an idiot of immense proportions.

The alternative you’re suggesting is that it would be okay somehow?  I doubt this was a Northam “sensitivity” photo, decades ahead of its time.

59 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Then the black guy in the Klan costume should be pummeled for being an idiot of immense proportions.

Wouldn't a black guy in a Klan outfit be Cultural Appropriation?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I was also a yearbook editor and agree with your wife. I also agree that the blackface is meh (artistic expression), but the KKK stuff was completely inappropriate even 35 years ago. 

That's the part that people seem to be missing in all of this and why I wouldn't be surprised if he does eventually resign.  Just don't let him do any more radio interviews in the prcoess and the guy's having a bad week.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

The alternative you’re suggesting is that it would be okay somehow?  I doubt this was a Northam “sensitivity” photo, decades ahead of its time.

Yes, I am suggesting that.  Because it would be an ironic statement on race relations.

We have all done things we’re not proud of in the past, and our most offensive and obnoxious moments do not encapsulate our lives. But given an American elite culture that is regressing to a secular version of old puritanical norms, whereby sinners are branded for life and there are political points to be scored for casting them into hellfire, it is not surprising that Northam was immediately deluged with calls to resign.

https://quillette.com/2019/02/02/the-ralph-northam-scandal-betrays-the-lefts-hypocrisy-on-forgiveness-and-rehabilitation/

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/2/2019 at 11:42 AM, Foxx said:

agreed. people change. i know i most certainly am not the same person i was in my late teens/early twenties. most everyone has done something stupid in their past. you live, you learn and hopefully you become a better person. while your past is part of who you are, that alone shouldn't define the criteria for the basis of who you are today.

That's my problem with all the self righteous soapbox yelling sjw's. If there was some type of bubble floating over everyone detailing there past indiscretions, I'm sure there would be a lot less people willing to cast stones.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's my problem with all the self righteous soapbox yelling sjw's. If there was some type of bubble floating over everyone detailing there past indiscretions, I'm sure there would be a lot less people willing to cast stones.

Not me.  I'm as clean as a Klansman's sheets...