Coonman says it wasn’t him, after yesterday’s apology ???

National Dems who were quick to call for Mr. Northam’s resignation last weekend and have adopted a zero-tolerance approach to transgressions on race and gender, were mostly silent after Mr. Herring’s disclosure and the extraordinary first-person account from Mr. Fairfax’s accuser

5:42 AM - 7 Feb 2019

If you only have principles when it's politically convenient, you don't have principles.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yearbooks always try to be hip or rebellious or excel in "shocking the boor-jwa-zeeee

My freshman year college yearbook has a photo of a freshman being hazed by seniors. He was blindfolded, tied with his back to a tombstone (at a Pittsford cemetery) and is being forced to drink a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I suspect the left would be up in arms about desecrating a grave. Unless it was a grave of a late-term "product of abortion," in which case they would turn Pittsford street lights pink and high five each other over the tombstone.

16 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

My freshman year college yearbook has a photo of a freshman being hazed by seniors. He was blindfolded, tied with his back to a tombstone (at a Pittsford cemetery) and is being forced to drink a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I suspect the left would be up in arms about desecrating a grave. Unless it was a grave of a late-term "product of abortion," in which case they would turn Pittsford street lights pink and high five each other over the tombstone.

it was a good time of torture for my residence in Frosh Week

my Senior year they implemented a Human Rights Code so people could go to a safe spot for days on end ....

and of course some residence member did a stupid thing totally unprovoked and wound up a quadriplegic that very week.

Edited by row_33

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because the college isn't governor.

And because back in 1985 this wasn't that big a deal.  The Democrats, ignorant #######s they are, are retrofitting 2019 social taboos to 1985.

Who would have seen that coming after years of academics forcefully applying our modern lens and moralities to the every single major figure of American history (and beyond)? 

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Who would have seen that coming after years of academics forcefully applying our modern lens and moralities to the every single major figure of American history (and beyond)? 

going through the faded pen markings of Kavanaugh's diary and yearbook was a good sign SOMETHING WAS GONNA HAPPEN.....

the Dems are honestly stupid enough to think their playing with matches isn't going to trigger a full bore napalm air delivery when it's the GOP's turn....

• Like (+1) 1

Crazy idea: Maybe instead of nuking 2/3 of the statewide elected officials in Virginia, we should make some allowance for stupid mistakes and for the fact that people grow up and change

Brent Cochran Retweeted Rich Lowry

For the billionth time. We argued against these rules. For decades.

We begged for a different set. We refused to play by this set. Know what it got us? MORE denigration.

So we lost the argument. That sucks.

Now screw you, play ball.

NEW Rules.................

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hey, I've been arguing against it for a quarter-century.  Ever since the left threw a shitfit over the Enola Gay museum display being racist.

But no one listens to me, particularly the Jacobins.  Pretty soon they'll be renaming months of the year again.

• Like (+1) 1

PREDICTION: Watch for Virginia Democrats to come out with something, anything, on some Virginia Republican as a distraction. It won’t matter if there’s anything to it or not, expect the press to treat it as gospel. This Virginia stuff is killing them, and they’ll do whatever it takes to change the subject.

by Glenn Reynolds

Hanging-Around-600-LI.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

Who the hell is gonna be left standing in today's current climate? I understand this has become a political game as the left is viewed/views themselves as the party of tolerance etc. This is bigger than partisan politics. I am staunchly opposed to the political proclivities of Brett Kavanaugh, but I was even more concerned about where we were headed. A 30 plus year old accusation of a tispy teenager maybe being a bit aggressive with a fellow teenager? Meh. This virtue signalling was always going to come back to bite the left in the a**. And here we are. I don't even feel comfortable voicing any kind of willingness to forgive Ralph Northam. The PC police will tar and feather anyone who dare take an opposing view. What about leaders 20 years from now with seemingly everything being recorded in one form or another? It's really gotten out of control and decent people need to start pushing back in any way they can before it gets even worse.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Who the hell is gonna be left standing in today's current climate? I understand this has become a political game as the left is viewed/views themselves as the party of tolerance etc. This is bigger than partisan politics. I am staunchly opposed to the political proclivities of Brett Kavanaugh, but I was even more concerned about where we were headed. A 30 plus year old accusation of a tispy teenager maybe being a bit aggressive with a fellow teenager? Meh. This virtue signalling was always going to come back to bite the left in the a**. And here we are. I don't even feel comfortable voicing any kind of willingness to forgive Ralph Northam. The PC police will tar and feather anyone who dare take an opposing view. What about leaders 20 years from now with seemingly everything being recorded in one form or another? It's really gotten out of control and decent people need to start pushing back in any way they can before it gets even worse.

the gist is the left deems someone a friend, or nice, or important, and they can do anything they want and it is perfectly fine

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Welcome to the reason so many of us were against what was done to Kavanaugh.  Go back and review the posts on his hearing - I can't think of a single person here who disagreed with his character assassination that disagreed simply because it was being done to a Republican.  We saw what the precedent meant.

Conversely, we're not celebrating the character assassination of Northam, so much as celebrating the Democrats being forced to drink their own milkshake.  Maybe if they're forced to own their own *****, they'll reconsider their Jacobin ways.  Probably not, though.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Welcome to the reason so many of us were against what was done to Kavanaugh.  Go back and review the posts on his hearing - I can't think of a single person here who disagreed with his character assassination that disagreed simply because it was being done to a Republican.  We saw what the precedent meant.

Conversely, we're not celebrating the character assassination of Northam, so much as celebrating the Democrats being forced to drink their own milkshake.  Maybe if they're forced to own their own *****, they'll reconsider their Jacobin ways.  Probably not, though.

I was 100 percent against the Kavanaugh character assassination and I'm quite sure I said as much in that thread. I also said something to the effect of "I never liked that kind of kid" which didn't go over well. I'm against all of this nonsense. I'm against University's not allowing conservatives to speak. Unless you murdered someone 30 years ago, it's time to forgive and forget. The truth is this thing is only going to get worse. I can also assure you that the backlash from the left for even suggesting this may have just been a stupid momentary lapse in judgement by Northam does not fly AT all among fellow lefties. They are doubling and tripling down on virtue signalling (stole that word from conservatives on this very site). You wanna judge every thing every person did at 15 or 25 or whatever; be prepared for your own time in the barrel. As soon as the whole #Metoo thing began and we(the left) decided that women lost their ability to lie in 2017, I knew it was gonna get ugly. 

• Like (+1) 2