Coonman says it wasn’t him, after yesterday’s apology ???

WaPo story...

Va. Gov. Northam reaches out to Lt. Gov. Fairfax and AG Herring, other men at the center of scandal

</snip>

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) said Thursday that the state’s Democratic congressional delegation, which had called for Northam’s resignation, is withholding judgment on Herring, who is trying firm up support from Virginia’s black leaders.

Kaine said that the delegation remained unified in its demand that Northam resign following his admission that he also wore blackface at a dance competition in 1984, in addition to the racist photo in his medical school yearbook. 

“We are likely to come out with a statement soon on the Herring case that, I think, we feel that we are generally in the same position – that he reached out to each of us individually, very apologetic,” Kaine told reporters in the U.S. Capitol after most of the Democratic delegation met in his office. “He is in dialogue with the legislative black caucus and African-American leadership in the state, and they have been impressed with his sincerity while they’ve been very disappointed with what happened.”

Kaine, a former governor, said that the lawmakers felt Herring had been sincere in his apologies in a way that Northam had not, but the attorney general still “needs to answer questions of the press and the public too” to shore up support to continue in office.

But the federal lawmakers could not agree on how to proceed on the allegations of sexual assault against Fairfax.

“Everybody is still grappling with the allegation and trying to – we all believe it should be taken seriously but I don’t think you’ll see us reach a conclusion about that,” Kaine said, adding that the lawmakers would monitor events. “We’re going to watch it over the next couple of days.”

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Why raise the issue of a state senator of the opposition part that holds a one seat majority in the state senate hmmmm

He was "an" editor in the 60s. He closed the door on the reporters trying to get a quote. LOL  The Ds seem to think this makes everything a-ok for their guys! We shall see. 

46 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

WaPo story...

Va. Gov. Northam reaches out to Lt. Gov. Fairfax and AG Herring, other men at the center of scandal

</snip>

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) said Thursday that the state’s Democratic congressional delegation, which had called for Northam’s resignation, is withholding judgment on Herring, who is trying firm up support from Virginia’s black leaders.

Kaine said that the delegation remained unified in its demand that Northam resign following his admission that he also wore blackface at a dance competition in 1984, in addition to the racist photo in his medical school yearbook. 

“We are likely to come out with a statement soon on the Herring case that, I think, we feel that we are generally in the same position – that he reached out to each of us individually, very apologetic,” Kaine told reporters in the U.S. Capitol after most of the Democratic delegation met in his office. “He is in dialogue with the legislative black caucus and African-American leadership in the state, and they have been impressed with his sincerity while they’ve been very disappointed with what happened.”

Kaine, a former governor, said that the lawmakers felt Herring had been sincere in his apologies in a way that Northam had not, but the attorney general still “needs to answer questions of the press and the public too” to shore up support to continue in office.

But the federal lawmakers could not agree on how to proceed on the allegations of sexual assault against Fairfax.

“Everybody is still grappling with the allegation and trying to – we all believe it should be taken seriously but I don’t think you’ll see us reach a conclusion about that,” Kaine said, adding that the lawmakers would monitor events. “We’re going to watch it over the next couple of days.”

</snip>

translation:

burn down the house of Brett Kavanaugh, preferably with him in it;

let's all take a step back and consider the ramifications of believing the accuser of Governor Fairfax.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Who the hell is gonna be left standing in today's current climate? I understand this has become a political game as the left is viewed/views themselves as the party of tolerance etc. This is bigger than partisan politics. I am staunchly opposed to the political proclivities of Brett Kavanaugh, but I was even more concerned about where we were headed. A 30 plus year old accusation of a tispy teenager maybe being a bit aggressive with a fellow teenager? Meh. This virtue signalling was always going to come back to bite the left in the a**. And here we are. I don't even feel comfortable voicing any kind of willingness to forgive Ralph Northam. The PC police will tar and feather anyone who dare take an opposing view. What about leaders 20 years from now with seemingly everything being recorded in one form or another? It's really gotten out of control and decent people need to start pushing back in any way they can before it gets even worse.

at this rate I'm gonna be a shoe inn for a political position in 10 years. Maybe less!

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

at this rate I'm gonna be a shoe inn for a political position in 10 years. Maybe less!

just be sure all those pictures of you and .... umm....... any black sheep, have been disappeared.

Edited by Foxx

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

just be sure all those pictures of you and .... umm....... any black sheep, have been disappeared.

46 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

That was a wooly baahd joke, my friend

Oh, ewe guys!

NYT:"Virginia Political Crisis Grows for Democrats and Republicans.”

Republicans ?

Consequence of yearbook photos and resignation demands: Northam and Virginia GOP work out a deal on tax cuts.

Northam surrenders on spending priorities. VA Dems get nothing.

Individual taxpayers will get $110 and married couples $220 in October.

.Go Coonman !

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sic semper culus.  

Should include the word “anus” accompanied by either “equus” or “mulus” to describe the Dems mindset 

Edited by row_33