Interesting yet weird story on stadium bathrooms

Stevie Ray

10 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

And as gross as the trough might be, the stalls are worse.  Heaven forbid you ever need to go #2.  The toilets are usually backed up big time, but that doesn’t stop people from going on top of of the mess.  This results in about 5 pounds of toilet paper and waste in the bowl.  And the constant flushing forces water up super high.  It is so gross.

Are you sure you are just not confusing this for the offense during the Juaron years?

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Why do stadiums have 2 to 1 female to male restrooms when 80% of the fans at the game are males? I'm assuming because its used for other events where this ratio is more even?

Not only is the attendance 80% male, I’d guess 95% of the beer consumption is male. Yes, that creates issues. All kinds of issues. 

The most extreme mad max beyond thunder dome bathroom moment at the Ralph was during the power outage game in 2009. Lights were going on and off. I went to the bathroom at one point when power was on. It quickly went off leaving the bathroom pitch black. This is before anyone had a light on their phone. It immediately, and I mean immediately, devolved into lord of the flies. People going in corners and sinks. In a classy move, I went for a circular sink because the lines were insane. Good decision until the lights came on mid-stream leaving about 15 us staring directly at each other’s junk. Good times with (suddenly) close friends. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Anyone remember the Omni of the Atlanta Hawks?  So about 20 years ago,I'm at a conference there. It's time to go to the restroom. Here's this line with a lot of girls ( and to those who don't know I am one) so I get in line. I get inside and here's about two dozen urinals plus another four dozen stalls.  Talk about shock!!!  I wash my hands then exit at the other end turn around and here's the sigh that says MENS.   CRAZY just CRAZY!! 

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

True story, years ago went on a bus trip to a Bills game, bus company had a problem with the bus we were supposed to get so instead sent two of these small 20 passenger  mini buses.  Enough seats for everyone, however only one of the buses had a bathroom.  So now get to the stadium and all 40 or so people are using the bathroom on one bus.  By the time the game ended, it was literately within about 1/2" of overflowing. 

So the two buses left the stadium, got up onto 219 and pulled over, the bus without the toilet pulled behind the other one to kind of shield the view from the highway.  My bus driver then got out of the bus and pulled the plug along the side of 219!

Can you imagine a couple hours later a state trooper or someone stopping on the side of the road wondering what is that pile?  He probably called in a sighting of Big Foot is in the area!

Or Joey Chestnut was returning from a hot dog eating contest.

Not sure what the issue has been, but this past season the restrooms became a problem.  I use the newer restroom by section 330 on the upper deck mezzanine, the one that is at the top of the ramp up.  Lines were huge all season at obvious times to go, but also long during the “off” times.  Cleanliness wasn’t much of an issue early on, became a problem mid season.

Have not seen the sink used as a urinal for years since they’ve upgraded them.  Wonder if that’s the reason for longer lines!  Back in the day it was common to see someone using the sink every time you used the restroom (NOT condoning the action).

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Why do stadiums have 2 to 1 female to male restrooms when 80% of the fans at the game are males? I'm assuming because its used for other events where this ratio is more even?

Here’s your answer: Virtually all buildings follow the minimum requirements of the plumbing Code. The Code makes very little distinction between men and women fixture counts. With that said, there’s nothing stopping the Architects from providing more than the Code required minimum fixtures. 

My most pathetic memories of going at the Ralph was how nice and warmth the bathrooms were but the again the air was heavy with the warm humid vapor of piss from hundreds of men, 80% of them drunk.

And i for one have no problems using a urinal trough, it makes things go so much quicker/  I recall;l trying to estimate by the number size and sobriety of each guy in the line which would be quickest.   and no one looks at your junk and i certainly never wanted to look at someone else.