Horrible QB Market

Doc

With a bunch of scrubs hitting the market, it's nice that the Bills don't have to waste their time chasing fool's gold.  The only guy who might have a shot at success is Foles, but would you spend $25M/year and $50M guaranteed on him to find out?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

i wonder if you see any stupid contracts for guys?  i dont know how bradford got a deal or glennon the year before.  You can be better off with a manager and spend money at other positions if you don't have a qb. Teams have ignored the qb position and properly developing guys.  

Also, who needs a qb?   The skins, jags, giants and??

If Bridgewater is on the market, he might be successful with a new team.  Foles definitely has to go to the right team.  He's not the most mobile guy so he needs a good O-line and benefits from an offense that facilitates quick reads (which he can do).

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i wonder if you see any stupid contracts for guys?  i dont know how bradford got a deal or glennon the year before.  You can be better off with a manager and spend money at other positions if you don't have a qb. Teams have ignored the qb position and properly developing guys.  

Also the soon to be Tanneyless Fish.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

With a bunch of scrubs hitting the market, it's nice that the Bills don't have to waste their time chasing fool's gold.  The only guy who might have a shot at success is Foles, but would you spend $25M/year and $50M guaranteed on him to find out?

I thought it was hot QB market?  Saw from that other awesome thread that there are lots of good starters and top backups to be had.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, aristocrat said:

I left them out as I think they go for a qb next year I think. 

I've heard the tank story as well. They're still a possibility though.

Also might wan to add the Broncos as I don't think Keenum is the answer.

I am very glad we are not in the market for a free agent QB. 

But I have to say, I feel like this year’s free agent QB class is quite a bit better than some of the years Buffalo has to go free agent QB shopping in the past. 

I would have have gladly taken Flacco, Foles, Bridgewater over some of the garbage the Bills have signed over the years... lol. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I thought it was hot QB market?  Saw from that other awesome thread that there are lots of good starters and top backups to be had.

I like how that troll (Wrong Josh) won't even let you comment on his ridiculous thread.  Get a Brain, Moran!

40 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

If Bridgewater is on the market, he might be successful with a new team.  Foles definitely has to go to the right team.  He's not the most mobile guy so he needs a good O-line and benefits from an offense that facilitates quick reads (which he can do).

Not a Bridgewater fan and don't see him ever being a good QB but was happy to see him return after that gruesome injury.  And I agree about Foles but as I said I wouldn't bank $25M/year and $50M guaranteed.

28 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

There was another thread?  ?

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am very glad we are not in the market for a free agent QB. 

But I have to say, I feel like this year’s free agent QB class is quite a bit better than some of the years Buffalo has to go free agent QB shopping in the past. 

I would have have gladly taken Flacco, Foles, Bridgewater over some of the garbage the Bills have signed over the years... lol. 

I mentioned Foles and Bridgewater above.  Flacco appears to be done and outside of his SB-season playoffs, has never been a great QB.

51 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

If history is proven anything, all those guys are going to get paid and handsomely at that.  And yes, I'm glad we're not in the hunt this year.

...should be a crazy market....Hoyer is set to make $3 mil.....Tannehill is at $18.25 mil......Bradford, Tuhrod, Bridgewater, Fitz, Osweiler, Cassel, Webb, Schaub,etc are UFA's(some real quality)..........allegedly Jax is in the Foles sweepstakes because Defilippo was signed as QB Coach....

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I mentioned Foles and Bridgewater above.  Flacco appears to be done and outside of his SB-season playoffs, has never been a great QB.

I totally agree that this free agent QB class is nothing special and there’s no one I’d want to build a franchise around by any means. 

I was only talking in the context of what the Bills have trotted out as a QB depth chart some years and/or what was available in free agency when they were in the market for a starter (which has been way too often...lol). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Carolina maybe shopping to deal with life without Cam.  With his second right shoulder surgery, there is no guarantee that he will be ready to go or be effective when he is able to play.  Denver won't stand pat with Keenum.  Bengals may be looking to add competition for Dalton also.  The Cheatriots will probably draft someone this year to grow into their number two and replace Brady down the road.

47 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I prefer Allen over any of the current crop of free agents and over any QB in this years draft.

...hell Frosty, I'd bet even Waste Management would refuse to pick up 95% of that list......Rosey O'Donnell ugly..................

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You think someone is going to give Foles $50M GTD?