Dolphins expected to cut Tannehill

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Mario was a beast. 

Fans here were unfairly destroying him the first year Rex came in and essentially passing blame from Rex and putting a lot of it on Mario for the fall of that defense. Was absolutely ridiculous. 

Imagine finding a way to bash fans in a Ryan Tannehill thread.

Play a new tune, this one sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It was more than that.

Rex just got lazy as *****. Pettine essentially ran the same scheme as Rex does in 2013. Mario had a very good season that year. I think players saw through Rex, Rex wasnt interested in putting in the work and he didn't coach the players up enough during the week and as a result the defense was a mess. 

The narrative that Mario was a lazy POS and was a big reason for the defenses struggles in Rex's first year here was just another utterly ridiculous take here on TSW by so many fans. 

Two things can be true at once. Williams absolutely mailed it in that season. His performance against the Redskins was one of the lowest-effort games I have ever seen by a name player. Don’t make excuses for him.

Edited by dave mcbride

Well ... I can put that on the history list .. I was honored to see in person his last day as a Dolphin in a game ..

ERRRR ... make that more honored to be present for Kyle Williams' last game ... and here was the parting gift that day from Tannehill .. he prepped all week to present it

Passing COMP ATT PCT YDS TD INT QBR

Tannehill

18 31 58.1 147 0 2

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just think how far we’ve come since Octoberish—had this news dropped then, can you imagine the calls on this board for our FO to pick him up? Myself included I’m sure. Now? Not really interested. 

I think he’s one of those guys who can be a decent bridge QB for someone, but he’s not a guy you want to build around because this is probably his ceiling. He can be ok but some of his worst games were vs the Bills in Buffalo so I’ll miss him in the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not bashing all of em, just the ones with the stupid takes.

There is a reason The Big Cat isn't around anymore. 

He was another court jester who let his obsession get out of hand.

TBC reached the point where he claimed arguing with folks on TBD started to affect his personal life. That shouldn’t be your hero.

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It was more than that.

Rex just got lazy as *****. Pettine essentially ran the same scheme as Rex does in 2013. Mario had a very good season that year. I think players saw through Rex, Rex wasnt interested in putting in the work and he didn't coach the players up enough during the week and as a result the defense was a mess. 

The narrative that Mario was a lazy POS and was a big reason for the defenses struggles in Rex's first year here was just another utterly ridiculous take here on TSW by so many fans. 

Oh that’s right because Mario was a BEAST playing for Miami wasn’t he ? 

Mario was playing for $$$$ he didn’t give ? about game anymore 

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

Oh that’s right because Mario was a BEAST playing for Miami wasn’t he ? 

Mario was playing for $$$$ he didn’t give ? about game anymore 

...and the Fins took the bait.....why bite the hand that will feed you one last time?...........perhaps not honorable or ethical, but it is a frequent happenstance......$6.5 mil bon voyage from Miami........

23 hours ago, JPP said:

I dunno...just have this sense that  Baltimore might be his next stop to backup LJ and come full circle again......reunited with Roman again?

I suppose anything is a possibility but he just always seemed really enamoured with being a starter. Some guys are and some aren't.  It could very well be the difference in playing for a winner and playing for a loser. Thats the trade off with these guys and seemingly why guys who dont necessarily deserve second starting gigs get them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dolphins-plan-part-ways-ryan-tannehill-tank-2019-season-tua-tagovailoa-053122204.html

"So basically, the Dolphins are planning to spend little to no money on a team that went 7-9 last season. They could also cut or trade some veterans, with Robert Quinn, Andre Branch, Josh Sitton and DeVante Parker mentioned as possibilities.

[]

That obviously all sets up for a team putrid enough to be in serious contention for the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL draft, with Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa reportedly of high interest to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. And if the Dolphins miss on Tagovailoa, a potentially even better prospect awaits in the 2021 draft in Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence."

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dolphins-plan-part-ways-ryan-tannehill-tank-2019-season-tua-tagovailoa-053122204.html

"So basically, the Dolphins are planning to spend little to no money on a team that went 7-9 last season. They could also cut or trade some veterans, with Robert Quinn, Andre Branch, Josh Sitton and DeVante Parker mentioned as possibilities.

[]

That obviously all sets up for a team putrid enough to be in serious contention for the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL draft, with Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa reportedly of high interest to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. And if the Dolphins miss on Tagovailoa, a potentially even better prospect awaits in the 2021 draft in Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence."

I HIGHLY doubt any team in the NFL ever has the “plan” to tank for two years in a row. Even one year. The GM can pull all the decent players, but you still have to spend to the cap minimum. And the players and coach left over are going to be playing to win.