Dolphins expected to cut Tannehill

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Mario was a beast. 

Fans here were unfairly destroying him the first year Rex came in and essentially passing blame from Rex and putting a lot of it on Mario for the fall of that defense. Was absolutely ridiculous. 

Yep. Rex had a very demanding, highly specific scheme. If the DE was supposed to take the outside shoulder of the OT, he might as well forget about any counter moves he has in his repertoire. Often he used the outside rushers to try and open lanes for blitzers, not unlike using a massive DT to absorb double teams and keep the LBs clean. The pressure was supposed to come from the scheme, not a talented player winning match ups.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

He'll end up being the replacement for Alex Smith in Washington. 

Dan Snyder loves him some non-threatening, unexciting, milquetoast, game manager QBs in their 30s. They're PERFECT for risk-averse teams that just want to keep team revenues up despite a crappy on-field product.

That's a pretty negative take, however brilliant! I think you're dead nuts on this.

50 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Mario was a beast. 

Fans here were unfairly destroying him the first year Rex came in and essentially passing blame from Rex and putting a lot of it on Mario for the fall of that defense. Was absolutely ridiculous. 

It's not entirely on Rex, though. Mario flat out quit and made about a million bucks per tackle in his final year with us. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Not a surprise here.... wouldn’t be surprised if Jacksonville signs him.

Jags for sure. Pretty bad QB situation when Tannehill is an upgrade.

7 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

It's not entirely on Rex, though. Mario flat out quit and made about a million bucks per tackle in his final year with us. 

He quit BECAUSE of Rex. Still on him for quitting, but before Rex came and made him mad he was producing at elite pass rusher levels. He's honestly one of the better free agent acquisitions this franchise has brought in.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

He'll end up being the replacement for Alex Smith in Washington. 

Dan Snyder loves him some non-threatening, unexciting, milquetoast, game manager QBs in their 30s. They're PERFECT for risk-averse teams that just want to keep team revenues up despite a crappy on-field product.

Agreed. BTW, here's a rare photo from last year's draft of Li'l Dummy Snyder in the Washington 'War Room':

Businessman wearing dunce cap : Stock Photo

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Could they trade him?

i will call the following -

Andy Milquetoast Dalton to the Skins (his former OC Jay Gruden is there)

tannehill to Bengals (his former QB coach Zach Taylor will be HC)

Yeah that's a popular theory around the SW Ohio parts also.

I think if that were to happen, the Bengals throw AJ Green into the trade with Washington to try and fleece them, which they will, and get something crazy like their next 3 #1's.

39 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jags for sure. Pretty bad QB situation when Tannehill is an upgrade.

He quit BECAUSE of Rex. Still on him for quitting, but before Rex came and made him mad he was producing at elite pass rusher levels. He's honestly one of the better free agent acquisitions this franchise has brought in.

Yeah I understand that. I can't recall such a sharp 180 of feelings a fanbase has had with one player - from "worth every penny" in Schwartz's scheme to...whatever the **** happened the next year. He had nineteen million reasons to man up and just play football regardless of how disastrous the Rex hire was for our defense.

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Poor TT. That was my 1st thgt as well. Kind of a one eye man is king in the land of the blind type situation BUT if the name of the game is to start ya take it where you can get it. Hed full well know the deal by taking that on.

I think Tyrod is going to have a Fitz-like career - not in terms of playing style, but he's a high-end backup/low-end starter, and teams that are trying to stay competitive while looking for their franchise QB will sign him. He'll play for a few more teams, 2-3 years each, before bouncing to the next. And he'll make good money in the process.