Kyler Murray interview on Dan Patrick Show

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

It was one of the worst live interviews I've ever heard. I wouldn't draft him.

I listened to it this morning and I was just waiting for Dan Patrick to just pull the plug. If you're not going to say anything what's the point coming on at all. Go play for the A's....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard Gatorade is paying him to do interviews 

They should either pay him extra to do GOOD interviews, or get their money back.

THAT was awkward. Dan made the most of it, I thought. I mean, what are you going to do???

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Well here is the whole interview and even worse when watching the whole thing. 

He's trying not to say anything that could possibly be construed as him committing to one sport or the other.

Contract issues with the A's, I suppose.

Don't let that money get away.

If that's the case, he should just not do any interviews. But, he's gotta do interviews because Gatorade's paying him.

Lol

The struggle is real.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard Gatorade is paying him to do interviews 

55 minutes ago, Augie said:

They should either pay him extra to do GOOD interviews, or get their money back.

It’s all part of a carefully orchestrated marketing campaign:  SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON’T DRINK YOUR GATORADE?!  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It’s all part of a carefully orchestrated marketing campaign:  SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON’T DRINK YOUR GATORADE?!  ?

Ahh, if this is a cautionary tale I think it’s been effective. 

2 hours ago, turftoe said:

He is trying to get the As to pay him more money for not going to the NFL. I hope the As call his bluff. I don't think he is planning to play in the NFL.

Exactly. Rumor was he told the A's $15 mil would keep him from entering the nfl draft. That's after the A's gave him $4 mil after drafting him and allowing him to play college football. I want to say I don't blame him for trying, but like you, I feel the A's should call his bluff. He would get killed as a qb in the nfl.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm think the way this kid has tip toed around what he may or may not do i would think that would make a bunch of NFL execs a little gun shy, i get that he want s to do what's best for his future as far as making money but if that is the biggest thing he's worried about is who will pay him the most then i would avoid him ! 

Taken isn't all you need to look at when considering a player to draft if he is more worried about a pay check & not about which game he has more love for & wants to make his career then it just adds one more "It's all about me" player to the NFL which there is no shortage of ...

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, T master said:

I'm think the way this kid has tip toed around what he may or may not do i would think that would make a bunch of NFL execs a little gun shy, i get that he want s to do what's best for his future as far as making money but if that is the biggest thing he's worried about is who will pay him the most then i would avoid him ! 

Taken isn't all you need to look at when considering a player to draft if he is more worried about a pay check & not about which game he has more love for & wants to make his career then it just adds one more "It's all about me" player to the NFL which there is no shortage of ...

Was thinking the same thing... I was really hoping he would go in the top 10 before us and and better non QB players drop to us. After watching that interview I wouldn’t  want to draft him in the top 10 and have him the Face of my franchise. 

Edited by wppete

Honestly, it looks like two things:

1- he’s going to play baseball but he realizes that makes him a relative nobody in the grand scheme of things (Baseball doesn’t really produce transcendent stars) so he’s doing all this “maybe football” stuff to get endorsements and crap now in order to supplement some of what he loses in baseball.

2- he’s waiting for clear indication that he’ll be a top 5-15 pick in the draft before he officially decides. He won’t get that until the combine. 

He’s already been paid $4.2M for signing with the As, which he’ll have to return if he signs with the NFL. If money is his main concern, he’ll earn more, and sooner, in baseball.

Can he pull a Bo Jackson and play both?  I don’t even know what the rules or issues are.

I wouldn’t touch him in the draft - I don’t think anyone will, unless it’s as ‘Mr. Irrelevant ‘.

Edited by The Senator

16 minutes ago, The Senator said:

He’s already been paid $4.2M for signing with the As, which he’ll have to return if he signs with the NFL. If money is his main concern, he’ll earn more, and sooner, in baseball.

Can he pull a Bo Jackson and play both?  I don’t even know what the rules or issues are.

I wouldn’t touch him in the draft - I don’t think anyone will, unless it’s as ‘Mr. Irrelevant ‘.

I don’t KNOW, but I hear he’s gotten roughly $1.5 mil of the total contract so far. He’d have to pay it back if he goes football. 

I also heard Prime Time Sanders say he and Bo could do it, because they didn’t play QB. A QB needs his head in the game 12 months a year. 

No idea, but it will be interesting to see it play out.