Tyrod Taylor has 'nothing but love' for Buffalo

wppete

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It was really awesome when he whipped out the race card after showing the world how horrible of a QB he was.  Of course, it wasn't that he sucked.  It was that he's black and people simply expect more of him because of it.

He's scumbag for keeping racism alive and well.  Not a first-class guy.  Not even coach.  He's a bum and the Bills were better the day he left.

interesting I am sure you will get a lot of negative feedback although i thin your comment is too strong but i recognize what you are getting at, lets be honest, too many people think only whites can be racists..

Tyrod pulling the race card was 100% wrong BUT he said it once out of frustration, overall he was a total quality man as far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Your blind hatred has altered your memory here, but that's okay. It's expected.

Why because he is White.?

46 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Prior to his trade he was the Best Bills QB since Jim Kelly on the field... one of the few that can claim a winning record during their stinit. 

In in my view the ones who chose to hate him were always the ones with their own issues.  

Most everyone else knew what kind of player he was and wasn’t and thanked him for holding the fort down with some occasional flashes of brilliance and a dutiful conservatism that reflected his own understanding of his limitations.   

He was the second best.  The best would go to Drew Bledsoe.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

interesting I am sure you will get a lot of negative feedback although i thin your comment is too strong but i recognize what you are getting at, lets be honest, too many people think only whites can be racists..

Tyrod pulling the race card was 100% wrong BUT he said it once out of frustration, overall he was a total quality man as far as I can tell.

no it wasn't wrong, it's how he felt and there's evidence to support that claim. if you disagree, then disagree, but it was never wrong.

18 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Thats fair.  In the end, my point is that black athletes are judged more critically because they are black.  Whether TT ended up failing is beside the point, he was still judged more critically than what was deserved because of the color of his skin.  And him pointing that out does not make him a race baiter.  

You’re actually on the wrong end of this. I would say Tyrod Taylor was thought to be better than he was by a lot of folks, for one reason or another. The national media defended him to the death. They built up this mystique. Then he goes out and throws 14 TD’s in a year, and they convinced the Browns that he was a QB good enough to be worth the first pick in the third round!!! That’s incredible. 

Before Tyrod went to the Browns, there was a narrative that the Bills organization was screwing him over, he had no help, etc. That narrative was smothered by week 4 2018 after Baker embarrassed Tyrod, and now everyone pretends like it didn’t happen.

• Like (+1) 3

Always a class act and will always appreciate his time here.  It was time to go in a different direction, and I love Allen.  But TT will always be appreciated in my book and a guy I will always root for in all his future endeavors.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny, that the people that wanted EJ to win the QB battle have never come to terms that Tyrod was absolutely the best option at the time. He delivered a winning record as the Bills QB and ended the drought. He handled himself with class the entire time. Tyrod is a guy that we should remember fondly. He was a decent QB that didn’t lose games. 

I'm still not convinced    :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Go figure, a white QB was given another season to see if he could play better.  The black QB? No such luck. 

Bortles also made it to the AFC Championship game and played well in the playoffs.  Oh, and he played for the Jags.   Bortles was also a 1st round pick....they are ALWAYS given more leeway (see JaMarcus Russel).  

Just now, 87168 said:

no it wasn't wrong, it's how he felt and there's evidence to support that claim. if you disagree, then disagree, but it was never wrong.

I think he was 100% wrong to blame color on his benching, period, he sucked as A QB. He has had three places to start as a QB and couldn't hold the job, that is all the evidence I need. 

So yes that is how he "felt", sure he can express his "feelings", you are correct about that but i stand by if he feels he was benched because he was AA he is/was 100% wrong.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think he was 100% wrong to blame color on his benching, period, he sucked as A QB. He has had three places to start as a QB and couldn't hold the job, that is all the evidence I need. 

So yes that is how he "felt", sure he can express his "feelings", you are correct about that but i stand by if he feels he was benched because he was AA he is/was 100% wrong.

I totally agree.  If you want to blame other things for your benching, fine, I totally get that.  But saying it's because of your skin color is not only excuse making, but calling your coaches and fans racist.  IMO, calling someone a racist is a serious accusation.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm not mad at him.  He was benched in Buffalo because he sucked.  He was benched in Cleveland because he sucked.  He wasn't benched because he's black.

Never, anywhere, have I said that this doesn't happen.  I am talking specifically about Tyrod Taylor.  He was never unfairly judged.  He was given the opportunity to start for two NFL teams (THREE YEARS, here) and he failed two times.  That's not a color issue.  That's a "he isn't a good QB" issue.

You can say that, but that doesn’t mean that’s how it felt to TT.  He made the pro Bowl twice here, of course he’s going to feel slighted when benched like that.  So easy for people like you on the outside to cast judgements, but you haven’t dealt with being racially profiled your entire life.  

To act like he has no grounds to feel that way when he was confident in his ability, a 2 time Pro Bowl QB in his only 2 years starting prior to that, is just not fair to him.  It’s not up to you or anyone else to decide how he, with all his life experiences and self confidence in his abilities, should feel when benched.  Not to mention at the time he was benched we were the 6th seed in the playoffs.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It was really awesome when he whipped out the race card after showing the world how horrible of a QB he was.  Of course, it wasn't that he sucked.  It was that he's black and people simply expect more of him because of it.

He's scumbag for keeping racism alive and well.  Not a first-class guy.  Not even coach.  He's a bum and the Bills were better the day he left.

Funny how his race comment made you this upset. Usually that only happens to racist people.  Most people understand what black people in this country endure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I totally agree.  If you want to blame other things for your benching, fine, I totally get that.  But saying it's because of your skin color is not only excuse making, but calling your coaches and fans racist.  IMO, calling someone a racist is a serious accusation.  

What was the question that he answered?