Tyrod Taylor has 'nothing but love' for Buffalo

wppete

I love the final paragraph of the article:

"People can say what they want about Tyrod Taylor as a quarterback, but in terms of a human being, there is no argument. Taylor is a first-class guy through and through."

Absolutely. And for that, I will always be proud and happy he quarterbacked my team. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

16 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I love the final paragraph of the article:

"People can say what they want about Tyrod Taylor as a quarterback, but in terms of a human being, there is no argument. Taylor is a first-class guy through and through."

Absolutely. And for that, I will always be proud and happy he quarterbacked my team. 

It was really awesome when he whipped out the race card after showing the world how horrible of a QB he was.  Of course, it wasn't that he sucked.  It was that he's black and people simply expect more of him because of it.

He's scumbag for keeping racism alive and well.  Not a first-class guy.  Not even coach.  He's a bum and the Bills were better the day he left.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was really awesome when he whipped out the race card after showing the world how horrible of a QB he was.  Of course, it wasn't that he sucked.  It was that he's black and people simply expect more of him because of it.

He's scumbag for keeping racism alive and well.  Not a first-class guy.  Not even coach.  He's a bum and the Bills were better the day he left.

Your blind hatred has altered your memory here, but that's okay. It's expected.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Quote from Gugny"

""

Do you have a source/quote for this because I missed it?

Not saying he didn't say it, just that I missed it.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Your blind hatred has altered your memory here, but that's okay. It's expected.

I've read exactly what he said many times, ensuring that I wasn't misunderstanding.  I wasn't.  My memory is crystal clear and my dislike (I can't hate a man I've never met) is not blind.  Good day, sir.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yup.  Tyrod Taylor, QB for Buffalo, one of the smallest media markets in the NFL, is for sure responsible for keeping racism alive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 8

Love TT. I started watching in 2005 and he was by far the best QB I"ve seen the team have to this point. I'd like Josh to take enough of a leap this offseason to change that. But Tyrod QBed my favorite Bills season and moments to date. I was completely ready to move on last year, but glad to see he also looks back fondly. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I've read exactly what he said many times, ensuring that I wasn't misunderstanding.  I wasn't.  My memory is crystal clear and my dislike (I can't hate a man I've never met) is not blind.  Good day, sir.

He was asked specifically about whether he felt race impacted the way people perceived his performance as a QB while the team was still winning. He was benched weeks later, and some select members of the media applied his previous comments as his reaction to the benching erroneously. Those who disliked him obviously read those statements and ran with them, also erroneously.

Thems the facts, jack.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Can you source this quote for all to see please?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Do you have a quote for this because I missed it?

Not saying he didn't say it, just that I missed it.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

“It’s always going to be twice as bad just because of who I am – an African-American quarterback,” Taylor says, echoing a familiar refrain among people of color, regardless of professional status. “Look across the league, man. We’re held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect.”

“I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing – or just an African-American thing,” he says, “And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

“They claim that we’re (Taylor, Newton, Wilson) not that accurate from the pocket. I’m not sure why,” Taylor says, before adding of Rodgers and Carr: “Even though they’re ‘mobile’ guys, they don’t necessarily take on the same criticism as others. It probably is unfair.”

https://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-taylor-unfiltered-win-everythings-great-lose-want-crucify/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why wouldn't he love Buffalo?  We gave him $25M ($41 if you count the $16 the Browns paid him on our contract).  $41M, set for his entire life, for a mediocre at best performance.  Could you imagine making $41M being "OK" at your job?  I would even argue that he was flat out bad.  $41M for being a bad performing employee.  Yikes.  I don't care how great of a person he is, that's crazy if you think about it.  I would offer up that he held back a team of talented WR (Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Watkins actually looks like a pretty darn good WR corp these days) with a talented RB and a pretty good OLine.  He didn't break the drought, he held us back from being a real threat.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

No one ever said he wasn't a nice guy.   

A Very Good QB  now thats a whole different story 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

now who wrote that??    a baseball comes to mind but I could be mistaken 

I guess I was mistaken 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

“It’s always going to be twice as bad just because of who I am – an African-American quarterback,” Taylor says, echoing a familiar refrain among people of color, regardless of professional status. “Look across the league, man. We’re held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect.”

“I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing – or just an African-American thing,” he says, “And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

“They claim that we’re (Taylor, Newton, Wilson) not that accurate from the pocket. I’m not sure why,” Taylor says, before adding of Rodgers and Carr: “Even though they’re ‘mobile’ guys, they don’t necessarily take on the same criticism as others. It probably is unfair.”

https://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-taylor-unfiltered-win-everythings-great-lose.

Damn, race card officially pulled.

Kind of wish I didn't read that.

Thanks for going through the bother of sourcing.  Appreciated.

So TT was a great QB, we just didn't recognize that because we're racists.

Got it.:wallbash:

It’s funny, that the people that wanted EJ to win the QB battle have never come to terms that Tyrod was absolutely the best option at the time. He delivered a winning record as the Bills QB and ended the drought. He handled himself with class the entire time. Tyrod is a guy that we should remember fondly. He was a decent QB that didn’t lose games. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny, that the people that wanted EJ to win the QB battle have never come to terms that Tyrod was absolutely the best option at the time. He delivered a winning record as the Bills QB and ended the drought. He handled himself with class the entire time. Tyrod is a guy that we should remember fondly. He was a decent QB that didn’t lose games. 

This.

4 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Damn, race card officially pulled.

Kind of wish I didn't read that.

Thanks for going through the bother of sourcing.  Appreciated.

So TT was a great QB, we just didn't recognize that because we're racists.

Got it.:wallbash:

He never said he was great. That's a misrepresentation of what he was trying to convey.

• Like (+1) 3