Ontario Bills Fans Club

35 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

That's not true a DUI is a criminal offence and if your Canadian you are barred from entry into the USA.

You can apply for a pardon after 5 or 10 years of keeping your criminal record clean.

BTW over 35,000 documented illegal immigrants crossed into Canada near Montreal from the USA last year.

Maybe more that didn't register.

I will help you build the wall ;)

I was unaware of the DUI rule on our side.  I stand corrected.

As for the wall, I recall Jack Kennedy’s famous speech in Berlin...

”Sure we have our problems, and democracy is not perfect, but we don’t have to build a wall to keep our people in!”

I’m guessing that the 35,000 you speak of were not American citizens to begin with.

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

I was unaware of the DUI rule on our side.  I stand corrected.

As for the wall, I recall Jack Kennedy’s famous speech in Berlin...

”Sure we have our problems, and democracy is not perfect, but we don’t have to build a wall to keep our people in!”

I’m guessing that the 35,000 you speak of were not American citizens to begin with.

Your right they are not but our PM Truedope) accepts them even though they are coming from whats called a safe 3rd country and they should be turned back around for your country to deport them.

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Its the zoo after the game that kills me.

Agreed, early morning on game day, you do not need the Nexus.  After, you could save significant time even driving the additional 20 miles.

5 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

fat-canadian.jpg

Stop lookin at my gut!!

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Your right they are not but our PM Truedope) accepts them even though they are coming from whats called a safe 3rd country and they should be turned back around for your country to deport them.

Almost all were sent back home, quietly....

23 hours ago, The Senator said:

I think we need a northern wall.

More heroin comes into the US via Montreal, down through Vermont and Ontario, than thru Mexico

USA/Canada is the longest unpatrolled border in the world. Build the wall, Donald.

And, while I’m hot and bothered, with a hard-on about Canada, if you have a DUI/DWI on your record, you can’t even enter Canada.  Any drunk from Canada can come to a Bills or Sabres game, drink their face off, and drive home unmolested.

That’s gotta change.  Ban any Canadian with a DUI/DWI from entering this country.  Reciprocity is only fair.

JMO

I can think of a lot of things to be " hot and bothered " about. Canada isn't one of them.

20 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

That's not true a DUI is a criminal offence and if your Canadian you are barred from entry into the USA.

You can apply for a pardon after 5 or 10 years of keeping your criminal record clean.

BTW over 35,000 documented illegal immigrants crossed into Canada near Montreal from the USA last year.

Maybe more that didn't register.

I will help you build the wall ;)

That is false. The Senator is correct. Americans with a DUI can't come to Canada, but Canadians with a DUI are permitted to enter the USA. 

29 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

That is false. The Senator is correct. Americans with a DUI can't come to Canada, but Canadians with a DUI are permitted to enter the USA. 

A former coworker had a “green card” for Canada with heavy conditions based on his native US DUI

one time returning from a game he didn’t immediately declare his situation and was yelled at for two hours before returning to job and family in Canada 

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

A former coworker had a “green card” for Canada with heavy conditions based on his native US DUI

one time returning from a game he didn’t immediately declare his situation and was yelled at for two hours before returning to job and family in Canada 

Yeah lots of paperwork and some money can make it happen, but it has to be done ahead of time. Can't just show up at the crossing expecting to get in. 

3 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Yeah lots of paperwork and some money can make it happen, but it has to be done ahead of time. Can't just show up at the crossing expecting to get in. 

A law firm in Buffalo is advertising with WGR550 regarding their specialty area of pardons and/or waivers of DWI bans of U.S. residents visiting Canada.

I’m sure some Canadian residents returning from Bills’ games have hit the DWI roadblocks set up just after inspection booths.  Every motorist stopped for a brief conversation with an officer, further questioning and action taken if the police believe there is cause.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Clarification.
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

He just didn’t announce immediately he was on a work visa to Canada Customs, with conditions on his visa

he has a specialty in demand in Canada and would never have trouble getting employment here

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Thank you, BigMcD!

I suppose JMF2006 could have done a simple web search before challenging my verisimilitude...

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/736/~/admission-to-the-u.s.-with-either-a-misdemeanor-or-criminal-record

Perhaps he should be banned for ‘Crimes Involving Moral Terpitude’ (CIMT)!!! ?

• Haha (+1) 1