Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

5 hours ago, section122 said:

I did some looking into coverage as slanted coverage has grabbed my attention since the 16 POTUS election where every major media outlet showed that they were biased and I came across something interesting:

Trump coverage is more negative than Obama  

I think we all have noticed that but here is the something interesting.  Trump coverage is much more negative than Bush or Clinton too.  Perhaps Trump himself has made many more enemies in the media?  He has been a public figure much longer than any of the other 3 guys.  Given his "personality" I could see him grating the wrong people and leading to the negative coverage without it being a left vs right thing.

It boils down to this (and this thread is no exception) it is easier to say someone that disagrees with you is stupid than to listen to their point.  It is easier to paint with a broad stroke and claim everyone on either side is this or that.  It is easier to get your news from facebook or twitter than to actually do research.  People want soundbites that match up with their worldview.  Very few people are interested in personal growth and dismiss any opinion that doesn't align with theirs as libtard or snowflake or nazi or whatever insult they choose.

Reality is the government is so large most of us would have no idea where to even begin leading it.  Decisions that effect 330 million people and sometimes 7 billion people are unfathomable choices.  That doesn't stop people from proclaiming entire ideaologies as stupid because of one point of contention.  Trump isn't infallible, Obama wasn't infallible, neither Bush nor Clinton before them.  We want to pretend though our particular party is the right one when reality is that it is just a bunch of millionaire/billionaires taking care of themselves no matter the party affiliation.  People don't care about what is best for America they care what is best for themselves which is why the country is failing.  We are a long way from "ask not what your country can do for you" and that speech was made when segregation was still legal!  This country will progress when people stop talking dem vs republican and start talking point by point.  We aren't beholden to voting a certain way if we disagree with a topic.  We don't have to believe an ideology because most of our beliefs fall on one side or the other.  We can make up our own mind.  The only stupid people are the ones who fall entirely in line with their party without thinking for themselves.  Unfortunately at this point most people in the country fall into that category.

I rambled sorry...

I'm not even sure what to do with this post. Your last paragraph or whatever that is makes solid points I agree with.

You start off rambling about Trump. The guy draws negative coverage in how he reacts. He behaves like a child, and is by far one of the worst presidents ever. This emergency declaration to build a dumb wall that won't work is far more threatening to the separation of power between branches than anything done by the executive branch in this country's history.

That aside, this dude is a liar and it really is damaging when people behave like that. It creates a distrust that really is harmful. Someone will actually suffer from this crime and not be believed because of him

And if he pulls it off, others will follow his lead. It's really disgusting. I hope he loses his role in that crap show.

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

And she made a speech in SC saying she’d beat Trump in 2020???

The only person that idiot is capable of beating is herself.

Yep.  Kamala Harris is a real piece of work.

1. She is an idiot

2. She slept her way to where she is now.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not even sure what to do with this post. Your last paragraph or whatever that is makes solid points I agree with.

You start off rambling about Trump. The guy draws negative coverage in how he reacts. He behaves like a child, and is by far one of the worst presidents ever. This emergency declaration to build a dumb wall that won't work is far more threatening to the separation of power between branches than anything done by the executive branch in this country's history.

That aside, this dude is a liar and it really is damaging when people behave like that. It creates a distrust that really is harmful. Someone will actually suffer from this crime and not be believed because of him

And if he pulls it off, others will follow his lead. It's really disgusting. I hope he loses his role in that crap show.

This cool story belongs in PPP 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

LOL Trump created distrust in government?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:
q-YvwOgg_bigger.jpgCWBChicago‏ @CWBChicago
FollowFollow @CWBChicago

NEW tonight in @jussiesmollett story:

• Threat letter called "enormous mistake" that is "certain" to bring federal charges

• Purported hate crime attack site determined — and it's not where everyone thought

• Lots more here: http://bit.ly/JussiePostal 

DzvBcjcWwAIwVVr.jpg

Was that letter actually mailed to him?  If yes does that reach the level of mail fraud?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So what you're saying is that he's quite a bit like his immediate predecessor in that he both threatened, then used, Executive Privilege to get what he wants/promised his supporters during his campaign.  Maybe a bit broader context will help you gain a better measure of politicians in the future.

Edited by Keukasmallies

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

My point is that the guy has much more negative coverage than previous presidents regardless of party affiliation.  Some of that is probably because he has been in the spotlight for so long and made some enemies along the way.  His negative press could also be because he isn't an establishment politician and thus upsets the status quo.  I'll leave those theories to @Deranged Rhino 0:).  That said there are currently 30+ national emergencies active.  Your hyperbole is a bit much there and I am someone that thinks the wall is a really dumb idea.

Your last paragraph though I agree with somewhat.  If you want to look at the silver lining of this incident; perhaps it will get people to calm the ***** down and wait for the facts to come out.  Covington followed by this are not a good look for the twitter mob "reporters."  Creating this incident is idiotic and you are right it will create distrust from future victims which is a shame.  At some point hopefully it also creates distrust in the knee jerk media.  All it does is help Trump when he yells fake news about something that we might actually need to be concerned about.

5 hours ago, section122 said:

If you want to look at the silver lining of this incident; perhaps it will get people to calm the ***** down and wait for the facts to come out.  

:lol:

Far more likely there will be a debriefing among the perps and supporters analyzing what went wrong and how they can make the next hoax stick better.

Somehow the 'facts' coming out about the Martin-Zimmerman incident didn't slow this type of bullsh-- down one iota.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.