Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

16 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Yes, I was thinking the same.  This thread started out being about Julie Smallette -  then, by the time I got back, had devolved into a left vs right, CNN vs FOX, anti-Trump diatribe.

You don't see that this what it was from the jump?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Its different when 99.9 percent of the media is full scale bathed in blind hatred of an elected government and does nothing but complain and raise resentment 24/7

I did some looking into coverage as slanted coverage has grabbed my attention since the 16 POTUS election where every major media outlet showed that they were biased and I came across something interesting:

Trump coverage is more negative than Obama  

I think we all have noticed that but here is the something interesting.  Trump coverage is much more negative than Bush or Clinton too.  Perhaps Trump himself has made many more enemies in the media?  He has been a public figure much longer than any of the other 3 guys.  Given his "personality" I could see him grating the wrong people and leading to the negative coverage without it being a left vs right thing.

It boils down to this (and this thread is no exception) it is easier to say someone that disagrees with you is stupid than to listen to their point.  It is easier to paint with a broad stroke and claim everyone on either side is this or that.  It is easier to get your news from facebook or twitter than to actually do research.  People want soundbites that match up with their worldview.  Very few people are interested in personal growth and dismiss any opinion that doesn't align with theirs as libtard or snowflake or nazi or whatever insult they choose.

Reality is the government is so large most of us would have no idea where to even begin leading it.  Decisions that effect 330 million people and sometimes 7 billion people are unfathomable choices.  That doesn't stop people from proclaiming entire ideaologies as stupid because of one point of contention.  Trump isn't infallible, Obama wasn't infallible, neither Bush nor Clinton before them.  We want to pretend though our particular party is the right one when reality is that it is just a bunch of millionaire/billionaires taking care of themselves no matter the party affiliation.  People don't care about what is best for America they care what is best for themselves which is why the country is failing.  We are a long way from "ask not what your country can do for you" and that speech was made when segregation was still legal!  This country will progress when people stop talking dem vs republican and start talking point by point.  We aren't beholden to voting a certain way if we disagree with a topic.  We don't have to believe an ideology because most of our beliefs fall on one side or the other.  We can make up our own mind.  The only stupid people are the ones who fall entirely in line with their party without thinking for themselves.  Unfortunately at this point most people in the country fall into that category.

I rambled sorry...

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

How dare you marginalize the feelings that might be felt by Tom in the event that a man were actually attacked in the way that Jussie Smallette allegedly WAS attacked in a way that it is entirely possible and perhaps even plausible that he could have been attacked?!?!?! 

source_by_redvampire120652-dcg4qfl.gif

Tonight’s news was not kind to our “victim”. The brothers rolled on him. He was upset his threat letter didn’t get enough attention, so he pulled this off. Now......who sent the letter??? He said only an idiot would do that, so.......

On 1/31/2019 at 10:10 PM, LeGOATski said:

If this was a hoax, it should be easily identified as one, right? Investigators can tell from the injuries if they were self-inflicted...they'll inspect the scene for disturbances and other evidence. They'll get reports from the hospital staff.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what the investigators have done.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:10 PM, LeGOATski said:

You'd have to be pretty crazy to attempt this.

Way beyond that, you’d have to be a f**king moron.  And Julie Smallette fits that description.

31 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what the investigators have done.

Way beyond that, you’d have to be a f**king moron.  And Julie Smallette fits that description.

He and his lawyers seem to be doubling down. If he was careful, this could easily be pinned on the Nigerian brothers.

In the words of a wise Cris Carter...always have a fall guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.