Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Anyway, getting back to Smallette, looks like the idiot got the 15 minutes of famed he pined for, and then some.

He may be facing a felony conviction and 3 years in prison for filing a false report.

Now, if he truly did not stage the entire thing, and all he had to do to prove his innocence was let the police check out his cell phone, why won’t he do that?

What a freakin ‘ moron!

Oh well, he got what he wanted - before his act of blatant stupidity, I never heard of him, now, everyone has.

I wouldn't be surprised to see much of this ultimately fall onto his manager.  Being there in person that night doesn't look so great.  What I'd love to know though is how anyone who was in the know on this plan would think it was a good idea to be doing tv interviews (or was it just one with Good Morning America).  You're just begging for people to tear apart your story, giving the police more to work with as well.

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see much of this ultimately fall onto his manager.  Being there in person that night doesn't look so great.  What I'd love to know though is how anyone who was in the know on this plan would think it was a good idea to be doing tv interviews (or was it just one with Good Morning America).  You're just begging for people to tear apart your story, giving the police more to work with as well.

Because:

1. People are absurd.

2. [NOT a conspiracy nut]...But if someone, entity really wanted to foul things up... Just create the absurd and have it drop on someone, something.  I mean... Everything is very asymmetrical now... Who knows WTF to believe anymore. Create a clustereff... Anarchy.

I lean #1... But #2 is possible.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

11 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just wish, when the a-hole dropped the f-bomb on-air, that Robin Roberts had the stones to say, “I don’t believe a word of your f**king bullsh*t...no one does!”

That would have been great.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GG said:

These aren’t your thoughts.  You’re just parroting a WaPo editorial I read today

Yes, when exercising my "What's it like to think like a modern American Jacobin" gedankenexperiment, I could write editorials for the Post.

But in even in my most drunken fever-dreams, I never could have come up with CNN's "This hoax is being weaponized by those who doubt it was a hate crime."  Much less their "Smollett's story must be taken seriously, not literally."

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Much less their "Smollett's story must be taken seriously, not literally."

Because it's a proven fact that progressives only speak in metaphors, while conservatives are always literal

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  I figured you'd misread what I wrote.  It's easy to do.  ?   Oh, there is something, it's just not easily exposed the way you want it to be. The right paralyzed his presidency and impeded a more broad racial agenda. What was accomplished, then was promptly undone after 2016.

So nothing but something in the ether.  OK

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The Birther Movement.

Obstruct and just say: "No."

Basically undoing by Executive Order things he did... Okay, even if that was by Executive Order also.

Anything else?

So, your attempt to come up with something somebody can see shows nothing to be racial. 

13 hours ago, bbb said:

I keep hearing this type of thing.  What did the right do in response to Obama being black?

Nothing at all...  but the left makes themselves feel better over the hoaxes and fake news to scream that something happened 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bbb said:

Something happened - if you can't see it, it's your fault.  LOL

The left claims holiness and when you point out their flaws they yell the other side did it, so they are still holy

I can only put up with this kind of “mind” if it’s from an interesting date 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GG said:

These aren’t your thoughts.  You’re just parroting a WaPo editorial I read today

How dare you marginalize the feelings that might be felt by Tom in the event that a man were actually attacked in the way that Jussie Smallette allegedly WAS attacked in a way that it is entirely possible and perhaps even plausible that he could have been attacked?!?!?! 

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Exactly.  As I just stated.  Why are guys like @bbb having such a hard time.  Sure things aren't out in open... The racism is underground, incideous.

Funny anecdote:

Literally... My supervisor at work (I am Fed) had Trump's picture in hand on Inauguration Day and the second Trump's hand went on Bible, he ordered Obama's picture to be taken down.  Now I have been around Federal offices for 30 years.  Replaced 4 Presidents on the wall... I have never seen that much venom towards a President.  Of course as Fed workers, we are not the fastest... But why the change now with picture?  LMAO... Why?  Because there was a Black Man on the wall above the chain of of command. In past, it took some time to get the photos out.  This time, the transition team had it all done  and ready... LoL...

I mean... It's not a big deal... But really?  Tell us how you really feel?

The head Birther is now POTUS.

Yes... When one is purposely evicerating a legacy... Tell us how you really feel?

A couple quick follow ups on you work story:

1. Was the same supervisor in place for the 30 years you've been there, thus presiding over the previous 4 portrait changes? 

2. Did he state that he was changing the portrait because BO was the new Commander in Chief? 

3.  Is it possible he was a Trump so thoroughly disgusted with 8 years of Obama apology tours, tearing down the police force, playing racial politics, sending boatloads of cash to terrorists in foreign camps, leaving Americans to die in Libya among other things (the charicature of the average Trump supporter) and so on that once it was appropriate to flip the script, he simply flipped the script at the time the script should always be flipped

4.  If not, how did you come to surmise it was a racial issue? 

Anyway, my point remains the same.  Politics are politics, and someone always hates someone else.  It's not subtle or hidden, or whatever,  it just is.  Speaking of that btw, you mentioned the birther issue.  In the world of American politics, where pretty much anything you can say, do, or imply your opponent did--from mysogyny to homophobia to dogs on cars to not paying taxes to sitting in the church of an anti-American bigot and so on...is it fair to say that djt pulled off a master-stroke of ingenuity when asking if BO was actually born in this country?  It's hard to argue it hurt him at the ballot box.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A couple quick follow ups on you work story:

1. Was the same supervisor in place for the 30 years you've been there, thus presiding over the previous 4 portrait changes? 

2. Did he state that he was changing the portrait because BO was the new Commander in Chief? 

3.  Is it possible he was a Trump so thoroughly disgusted with 8 years of Obama apology tours, tearing down the police force, playing racial politics, sending boatloads of cash to terrorists in foreign camps, leaving Americans to die in Libya among other things (the charicature of the average Trump supporter) and so on that once it was appropriate to flip the script, he simply flipped the script at the time the script should always be flipped

4.  If not, how did you come to surmise it was a racial issue? 

Anyway, my point remains the same.  Politics are politics, and someone always hates someone else.  It's not subtle or hidden, or whatever,  it just is.  Speaking of that btw, you mentioned the birther issue.  In the world of American politics, where pretty much anything you can say, do, or imply your opponent did--from mysogyny to homophobia to dogs on cars to not paying taxes to sitting in the church of an anti-American bigot and so on...is it fair to say that djt pulled off a master-stroke of ingenuity when asking if BO was actually born in this country?  It's hard to argue it hurt him at the ballot box.  

Its different when 99.9 percent of the media is full scale bathed in blind hatred of an elected government and does nothing but complain and raise resentment 24/7

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Its different when 99.9 percent of the media is full scale bathed in blind hatred of an elected government and does nothing but complain and raise resentment 24/7

that is fair imo.  i made that same  point in the post before the one you replied to.  you just used less words.  ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.