How Does a Bills Loss Affect Your Life?

I used to get seriously depressed, but that was silly. Life is too short. I still hate to see them lose, but my life is full of other things that are good and I can't see spoiling them because a game over which I have absolutely no control. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

After a real bad loss, I may avoid TBD for a couple days.  Otherwise, life goes on.

This is my feeling also.  After the game I'm usually upset for an hour or so if they lose a game they should have won.  When it's a blow out I usually end up turning it off sometime in the 3rd quarter to save myself some beer and my liver.

I understand being frustrated with the team but the amount of venom that comes out here after a loss is honestly more depressing than the actual loss.

I love this thread. No one takes a Bills loss hard.

I’m reading this in a Buffalo Bills message board in the off-season, which would imply if you are posting, you are pretty die hard. 

Once again,  no one cares when the Bills lose.  God bless you all and carry on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Soccer fans commited suicide because their team lost. Happens in Europe alot. I'd have to think there were deeper issues involved. If my team loses, I have to go to work the next day and pay the bills. If my team wins, I have to go to work the next day and pay the bills.

I will say this: As a fan (Red Wings, Bills, Cubs & Lakers) losses hurt more than winning feels good. When the Wings won the cup in 08, I was on cloud nine for a day. But the feeling went away as time went on. Yet when they lost in 09, I was heartbroken for a few weeks. Almost like you can't win.

• Like (+1) 1

After enduring 477 losses over the past 59 years, I've learned to just move on with my life. I can't control it, so why let it control me?

10 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

At this point a Bills loss is as normal as getting up for work on a Monday morning. 

Which is better than not being able to get up at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Yeah okay, those prime Kelly years wouldn’t have been a good thing for you, right?

LOL

Check this out: joy and enjoyment are not the same thing. You can take joy in your suffering but you dont enjoy it. My wife had joy in childbirth but she did not enjoy it. 

During the SB years any loss would bother me for days, as they were so rare and I always felt like they were the best team out there most Sundays. Of course the drought weaned me of that expectation in a hurry. Also, I think getting older and starting a family all helped me put football in its proper perspective to keep me more grounded. Whether they win or lose won’t change the work I need to get done, bills I have to pay, or the love of my kids towards me, which is actually a good thing. 

That said, I have a feeling I would be on cloud 9 for a week if they can beat Brady straight up this year and Allen goes off. 

11 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Bills loss doesn't affect me one bit.

Will the Pats losing tomorrow bother you one bit?;)

12 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

At this point a Bills loss is as normal as getting up for work on a Monday morning. 

Looking for that to change this season bro! 

13 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Soccer fans commited suicide because their team lost. Happens in Europe alot. I'd have to think there were deeper issues involved. If my team loses, I have to go to work the next day and pay the bills. If my team wins, I have to go to work the next day and pay the bills.

I will say this: As a fan (Red Wings, Bills, Cubs & Lakers) losses hurt more than winning feels good. When the Wings won the cup in 08, I was on cloud nine for a day. But the feeling went away as time went on. Yet when they lost in 09, I was heartbroken for a few weeks. Almost like you can't win.

I remember reading about a Bills fan committing  suicide in the RV lots at the stadium. It was before the home opener, so it couldn't have been over a loss. Regardless, very sad.  

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/09/fan_commits_suicide_at_ralph_wilson_stadium_night_before_bills_home_opener_again.html