How Does a Bills Loss Affect Your Life?

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Doesn't affect me at all anymore. It's expected. A win is a pleasant surprise.

I agree, I don't have the energy anymore to get pissed off about this team. I have such a passion for this team to be successful and I know there are up's and down's but this is getting ridiculous. The few things that piss me off are all Patriot related. Watching Hughes get held all game long with no flags thrown. Watching the replay of a Patriots huge gain by the RB and on the replay you can see a blatant holding call. Any and all close plays always give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt. Over all it just sucks the passion out of you as a fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Set the watch to it for 4pm on a Sunday 

The day I adopt this mentality is the day I stop caring.

On Sunday nights my mood is pretty good when we win and dampened when we lose. Both moods linger into the week until the next game. But neither affects my life in a way that really matters.

I can pretend it doesn’t effect me but it absolutely does. I spend way to much time on this team to just act like the losses don’t bother me. A win, I’m good like 30 mins after. A loss, I’m usually upset for at least the rest of the day and into the next. I have grown to expect losses in self defense. But the losses definitely bother me way to much to be rationalized.

It used to really get me angry during the 90s. I would be pissed for days. By the time 2000 rolled around and they started to suck , my anger/disappointment reduced considerably. I'm down to a couple of hours or less now. Games vs Pats I expect to lose and there's no post game black cloud over my head.

All in all, I can put  losses in perspective and any loss is nothing compared to the way that wide right in the SB felt. Truly one of the worst moments in my life and weeks of "mourning" afterward. Oh what could have been.

I'm pissed until making playoffs is untenable.. same way with wins, which made this season super boring and extra horrible since I checked out after week 2 only watching to see what Edmunds and JA had to offer

I'll admit the first few weeks figuring out what team we have is pretty unhealthy for me. Thankfully it doesn't last long

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P