How Does a Bills Loss Affect Your Life?

It's supposed to be entertainment. I'm happy when they win, I'm bummed when they lose, but life goes on either way. In both cases, my contribution was sitting on the couch drinking a Bloody Mary, so I don't take wins or losses personally.

I will say this: after a loss, I tend to remind myself that I have a lot to be happy about, in spite of the fact that my favorite team stinks.

• Like (+1) 2

Been a fan for a long time so it's been a process.  Ha!  When I was younger, a bills loss would bother me a couple of days.  Now I'm over it in a couple of hours.

The trick for me is to be productive before the game.  Yard work, laundry, clean, etc.  Also I DVR the game and usually don't watch it live.  

If I'm productive before the game I don't feel like I wasted the day if the bills lose.

Edited by DCbillsfan

When the team I love trots out Nate Peterman it puts things in perspective. Just let it ride baby. I am hopeful that Allen is the real deal, I was before the draft and still am. But if he flames out that won’t hurt like them drafting EJ. You just get numb to it after while, it’s all about fun, food, and lots of beverages.

Speaking of that, we need a SB recipe thread. I don’t know what I want to cook yet.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Years ago it used to ruin my Sunday if they lost. Now it takes about an hour or so to get over it. There's been over 400 that Ive witnessed and I don't want to lose a year of my life feeling sad over the Bills decades of ineptitude.

41 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I usually dont watch football news the next day.

These two comments summarize my feelings.  

My wife used to get nervous if the Bills lost because that meant I’d be in a bad mood.  About three or four years ago that stopped. 

However, I still don't like to watch other games after a Bills loss, because it just reminds me of the loss, and I won’t want to see any stats or highlights of the game.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Doesn't affect me at all anymore. It's expected. A win is a pleasant surprise.

This is me exactly. At this point there is no more expectation left.

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

I don't watch football to bring me joy....I guess that goes without saying.

Are you paid to watch?  Or are you saying the Bills don't bring you joy anymore.  I always thought entertainment was supposed to bring joy..

• Like (+1) 1

It bothered me a lot back in the days when they were competitive.  It would basically ruin my Sunday and Monday.  But by the mid-00s I had started caring a whole lot less and could even stomach missing a game here or there if I had another engagement.  After my first child was born in 2009, I didn't really care much at all.  This year a loss didn't bother me in the slightest.  And I basically forgot about it the second I turned off the game.  I expect that to change when we actually field a true playoff caliber team again.  Then I'm sure I'll have more of that "live and die with them" attitude. 

Edited by TheBrownBear

Crushes the day of. My wife knows to stay away (not that I'd do ANYTHING violent, just that I'm a jerk and short to be around). On Sunday night and Monday I can't look at any sports shows. By Tuesday I start to think of the next game and what might need to happen (win/loss of other teams) to "make up" for their latest loss. Lately, by game 10 or so (other than 2017), when there is no chance of playoffs, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. First 8-10 weeks of the season I'm way too jacked up. I have such high hopes, and when they go down, I'm severely deflated. It's a disease. I want all 16 weeks to matter for many years to come. I love Bills Sunday. It's literally my favorite thing.