How Does a Bills Loss Affect Your Life?

All depends on situation.

Miami loss I still left feeling happy and pumped because Allen was amazing. Jets lost the next week after I wanted to break something and it ruined that day and monday for sure.

The Seattle loss on MNF was probably the worst recently because it just lingered all freaking week and the Bills were so close to pulling off that upset and needed that win badly for the playoffs.

depends on the loss.    If Josh hits that pass to Clay in Miami and they win, we probably pick like 15th instead of 9th, which might be the difference between a trade back and an extra second round pick.   To me that's the perfect loss.   Saw our rookies learn a lot, had some fun plays, but didn't close the deal.   I knew we weren't in the hunt, it wasn't a home game, the loss doesn't hurt at all after an hour.

As long as we have a playoff shot they hurt a lot worse.    

Interesting to think Miami won two games including that Buffalo one in the last second, the other on the New England razzle dazzle play with no time left.   They'd be picking 5th instead of 13th and they need a QB.   Keep that in mind on draft day.  People that say losses are all bad just don't follow the game year round....

If Rex starts Tyrod instead of Cardale in that last Jets game we probably win and aren't in the position to trade back with KC at all the following year, maybe KC doesn't even get a shot at Mahomes and he goes somewhere else.  Amazing how a single, seemingly insignificant loss changes the entire NFL for decades.

I used to be bummed out for the rest of the day if they lost and maybe the next day at work some people and I would lament how they lost, especially if it was one of those "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" type of losses that they've been so well-known for. I used to be one of those guys that threw stuff and punched walls whenever the opponent did well. Then one day I slugged a nice guitar case I had just got and damaged it pretty bad (thanks, Mike Vick!) and it was at that point that I said to myself, "You gotta cool it, man." Since then, I still feel bummed when they lose but it's more like, "Ah, welp, they'll try again next week" kinda thing. No more punching guitar cases and throwing remotes. Ah, to be young and stoopid. I also gained a better appreciation for the game all around, so when an opponent makes a nice play now, I can appreciate it, even if it comes against the Bills. Sometimes you just gotta say, "Dang, that guy just made a great play to undercut that route and score a pick-six."

It also helped knowing that most of the time over these last 18 seasons that the Bills were likely to lose, so, as another poster pointed out earlier in this thread, a win is a pleasant surprise. It's when you start expecting wins that your emotions get a little uneven.

Edited by blacklabel

i always get wings at my favorite spot, i watch the game with some fun dudes and i'm upset on my way home but by the time i get home i'm onto the next thing. i figure worst case scenario if the bills lose i had a good meal. plus theres always next week, unless it the end of the season then its theres always next season. 

it felt great when Allen unleashed that bomb to the EZ for the winning TD out of nowhere

and then it hit the ground, so that was bad

then half the board blamed Allen for not delivering the pass on a silver tea service to that shiftless bum in the EZ, so that was worse

If early in the season more than once eliminated from the playoffs.

The impact is not on my life as that goes on either way.  It is on my enthusiasm for the next game.  I visit this site less, read less and look forward to the next game less.  By end of the week I start to excited and by game time ready to go.

17 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Does it take a few days to recover? Week? Have you ever missed work due to a crushing loss?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/25300429

Can’t imagine  a person would get so emotionally involved in entertainment that theyd allow it to impact their livelihood.  

If someone was for some reason that vulnerable, being a bills fan would be chronically depressing for multiple decades.