How Does a Bills Loss Affect Your Life?

6 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I get bummed about a loss, but I find the will to live on. 

Just prepare in advance with the fixins’ for chocolate chip pancakes or whatever makes you happy in the morning.  I think there is a former oncologist who has recently found herself with some free time and she might be able to “treat” you in the am?  Brighten your day a little as you start the week! 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Just prepare in advance with the fixins’ for chocolate chip pancakes or whatever makes you happy in the morning.  I think there is a former oncologist who has recently found herself with some free time and she might be able to “treat” you in the am?  Brighten your day a little as you start the week! 

I hate chocolate ??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I prefer to just have a good cry in the shower. 

That works.....even better if the hot former doctor is with you in the shower! Cheer you right up! 

(Pics please?) 

It doesn't hurt like it used too. Too many heartbreaks, too many botched calls to believe NFL is real.

The cheetosriats need to die off...The general public is getting board of the same old same old every year and it's suffocating interest in football.

I will say when the Bills win, I still get a lift in my step, work out harder, smile more.

However, I'm numb to losing....happens so much numbness is my normal.

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I guess I'll amend that and say that there seemed to that ONE annual loss during the drought where you pretty much knew the Bills were not going to the playoffs. That one always hurt a bit. This year was pretty much a tank so none of them were rough.

This is how it goes for me too.  There's that one loss where you realize, "oh no, we suck again". 

• Thank you (+1) 2

The losses don't phase me like they used to. This is very much due to necessity, whereas I was way too emotionally invested. Like others have said, at this point I am pleasantly surprised when they win.

Even when I was taking it more seriously, I was way worse on draft day than after losses. Friends from this board have actually called me at home to hear the entertainment of me flipping out after they drafted McKelvin and a few others. 2006 was my worst episode. My daughters have even called for a good laugh.

In fact, it still hurts quite a bit to watch when the Bills make the same idiotic mistakes year after freaking year, no matter who is in charge.

I was SO happy when they drafted Allen. I hope we don't go right back to the same ridiculous moves but I am trying to prepare for it. :(

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

expectations curtail my anger.....i knew we havent been good enough to be a factor so im not as upset as i used to be. Disappointed somewhat but even with that not a lot.  Next year i'm thinking wild card or atleast should be our goal. then build from there. Leaking into playoffs and having no shot of doing anything also gets old quickly---build it up, build it right.

Never missed work. It used to affect me terribly. My wife used to HATE me on game days (because odds are, more often than not, the Bills would lose). 

But I've mellowed out a lot... I think having a kid did that. I guess it makes you realize that, even though the Bills are part of me, there's more to life than football.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Doesn't affect me at all anymore. It's expected. A win is a pleasant surprise.

This.
I love my Bills and I don't ever miss a game, but I will not let a game played for my entertainment dictate how i feel. Be happy when they win, be disappointed when they lose. I will also add that if watching a game which is for entertainment effects you to the point that you (anyone, not you specifically) miss a day of work over a loss, you have major emotional problems and please seek help immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

It used to really bum me out for a few days. Now, not so much. The only time this year I left a game legit angry was when they trotted Peterman out against the Bears. I felt like a sucker having paid money to watch a non NFL QB attempt to play football when it would have been more effective to have Shady throw a few passes