TV station employee fired for putting "Known Cheater" under Bradys name hahaha

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Go fund me info is in this story 

Uh, no. I'm not donating. 

A GoFundMe account was quickly established for the benefit of Mr. Telek. He said he plans to donate the money to charity in the name of Mr. Brady, once he lands a new job.

Edited by Just Jack

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This was hilarious!  Stupid he got fired for it, especially being a Pittsburgh station haha.  Maybe they fired him as a PR thing but will rehire next week haha.  Thats what they should do.  

https://deadspin.com/humorless-pittsburgh-news-station-fires-employee-for-gr-1832196594

IMG_2181.jpeg

I don’t get it. Everything check out.   Is it Matt Damon in the picture and not TB? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Interesting, this man was fired for reporting something factual. Strange times we live in. 

Doesn't meet the standards for being factual. I think he's correct, personally, but there's no objective proof, and there was no legal finding.

Pretty funny, but he had to know he was likely to get fired.

And Deadspin or whatever the name of that video company that put this up invited him to come on and talk about how his bosses are weenies. He should do that if he never wants to get another job outside maybe the salad bar at Wendy's.

Edited by Thurman#1

Some interesting background here about the guy who made the graphic.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Fired-KDKA-employee-explains-Tom-Brady-cheater-graphic-128523496/

1.  He is a Brady fan, or so he claims! 

2.  He was originally told he was getting a written warning, then later, terminated.  

3.  There is a go-fund-me page.  After he gets a job, he is donating the money to a charity in Brady's name.  

4.  IMO, some thin-skinned people out there to fire someone over this.  

Edited by RyanC883

15 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Massive overreaction by KDKA TV.   A written warning should have sufficed.   Firing a guy for something that most people found both hilarious and factually true (he was suspended 4 games for deflategate) is overboard.  

Do we have any idea what his previous work history was otherwise like? Maybe this was the final straw after several other warnings or disciplines..

Yes it’s funny but he was dumb.  Working as many of you do in corporate America, they are going to release you if you create an embarrassment.  Why do you think coaches and players always go with the politically correct answer.

in my business, I could easily release things that are not illegal, but at times in the past unethical.  I never participated, but it is blasphemy to give out any information.  You let the PR person handle any questions. It is drilled into you on every position.  

He was dumb, and although maybe I think he’s right, I’m not surprised at all they released him.