Top DT prospect Jeffrey Simmons not invited to combine; Tore ACL in pre-draft workouts

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What about speeding? You literally risk killing people driving at high rates of speed. This isn't the Autobahn where folks are prepared for 100 or whatever the K/HR equivalent would be. Is speeding an egregious offense? 

DUI's are serious. First time offense? Nobody hurt? You got lucky, you'll get punished, you'll deal with the consequences and hopefully learn from your mistake.

Then add speeding to the list that needs more serious punishment.  That doesn't make smoking dope and a DUI an equivalent in terms of seriousness.  IMO, they are on opposite sides of the spectrum.  Using your logic, beating a woman doesn't necessarily mean she'll die - so speeding is an equivalent. 

A DUI is a disgusting act.  Getting lucky you didn't kill anyone shouldn't be something taken so flippant, IMO.  

10 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Then add speeding to the list that needs more serious punishment.  That doesn't make smoking dope and a DUI an equivalent in terms of seriousness.  IMO, they are on opposite sides of the spectrum.  Using your logic, beating a woman doesn't necessarily mean she'll die - so speeding is an equivalent. 

A DUI is a disgusting act.  Getting lucky you didn't kill anyone shouldn't be something taken so flippant, IMO.  

I never said smoking weed and a DUI were equivalent. I used them in the same sentence, but never claimed them to be on the same scale of malfeasance. 

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I never said smoking weed and a DUI were equivalent. I used them in the same sentence, but never claimed them to be on the same scale of malfeasance. 

I accept your admittance you were wrong.  It's hard for you, I know. 

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I accept your admittance you were wrong.  It's hard for you, I know. 

"I think it's asinine that the NFL concerns itself with marijuana or even a one time DUI."

You do understand that the way that statement is structured makes it clear the DUI is the more serious offense, correct?

Have a great Friday bro.

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

In this case it's being used as a coordinating conjunction between two noncontradictory independent clauses. 

This is phycology not English.

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

Its all thought and subsiquent action without thought of consequence to self or others.  Most people dont want to hurt others but have never learned to be in control of their emotions rather than their emotions controling them.  A lot of harm is legal though so society feels its ok.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

47 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

"I think it's asinine that the NFL concerns itself with marijuana or even a one time DUI."

You do understand that the way that statement is structured makes it clear the DUI is the more serious offense, correct?

Have a great Friday bro.

I get that you're trying to back away from having an incorrect thought and I appreciate it. 

Awareness is a good start to stopping the horrific epidemic of driving under the influence.

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

This is phycology not English.

It all thought and subsiquent action without thought of consequence to self or others.  Most people dont want to hurt others but have never learned to be in control of their emotions rather than their emotions controling them.  A lot of harm is legal though so society feels its ok.

Then phycologize how the claim that 'I believe in second chances and redemption' contradicts the idea that 'not getting your dream job is hardly ruining your life for good'.

Just now, White Linen said:

I get that you're trying to back away from having an incorrect thought and I appreciate it. 

Awareness is a good start to stopping the horrific epidemic of driving under the influence.

Which thought was incorrect? Which am I backing away from? God I must be bored to entertain this.

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Which thought was incorrect? Which am I backing away from? God I must be bored to entertain this.

I said something negative towards you, so I edited.  

I'm glad I caused you to mention God.  

Edited by White Linen
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Unless you can answer a simple question, we're done here. I gave you ample opportunity to do so.

Hope your day gets better.

You're playing dumb and I've said multiple times I'll accept that as an admittance you're wrong.  You're pride won't let you go through with it totally.   You incorrectly put marijuana use and one time DUI's in the same sentence - feeling the NFL is asinine for concerning themselves with it.

It's not debatable that smoking dope anywhere outside of a car and driving while impaired shouldn't be thought of as about the same offenses.  They aren't linked in any way.

You agree, so I safely assume you incorrectly typed that sentence. 

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Then phycologize how the claim that 'I believe in second chances and redemption' contradicts the idea that 'not getting your dream job is hardly ruining your life for good'.

Simple because your minimizing the outcome and not recognizing that an individual has worked to acheive that goal.  Its actually a lack of empithy because you are assuming it would affect others how you feel it would effect you.

He lacked empithy when he commited his actions but you lack empithy in what you may like to see happen to him.

Now this is the point when you either try to minimize or project concerning his actions and yours

Edited by formerlyofCtown

48 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Simple because your minimizing the outcome and not recognizing that an individual has worked to acheive that goal.  Its actually a lack of empithy because you are assuming it would affect others how you feel it would effect you.

He lacked empithy when he commited his actions but you lack empithy in what you may like to see happen to him.

Now this is the point when you either try to minimize or project concerning his actions and yours

Laughable. I'm not 'minimizing the outcome' at all. The outcome may be that he doesn't play in the NFL. If anything I have too much empathy being that I also do not play in the NFL.

The major difference in our respective career paths with respect to professional football player is that my lack of employment with the NFL is due to genetics, whereas his will potentially be due to being videotaped repeatedly punching a woman lying on the ground. 

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Laughable. I'm not 'minimizing the outcome' at all. The outcome may be that he doesn't play in the NFL. If anything I have too much empathy being that I also do not play in the NFL.

The major difference in our respective career paths with respect to professional football player is that my lack of employment with the NFL is due to genetics, whereas his will potentially be due to being videotaped repeatedly punching a woman lying on the ground. 

Lol, that is exactly what youre doing and youre doing exactly what I said would.  Your behavior is predictable only because what Im saying is true.  You so caught up trying to defend your behavior that youre argue on a subject youre not qualified to argue, against a person who is qualified.  You have no idea how funny this is to people who are knowledgable on the subject.

14 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Lol, that is exactly what youre doing and youre doing exactly what I said would.  Your behavior is predictable only because what Im saying is true.  You so caught up trying to defend your behavior that youre argue on a subject youre not qualified to argue, against a person who is qualified.  You have no idea how funny this is to people who are knowledgable on the subject.

I'm almost afraid to ask...exactly which people are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is anybody having happy weekend thoughts?       ?

Long week at work and I’m now drinking woodford, so yes ?

oh and one week from now I’ll be in Colorado with my wife for a ski trip and might be well into the edibles so double yes!

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Mixon and Hill have shown that if it happwns early in College or before it largely falls onto deaf ears on the national stage.   Sure it will make a local headline the day of the draft but after will be forgotten.  Not condoning the behavior but also wont hold anything against man for what he did as a teenager.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm almost afraid to ask...exactly which people are you talking about?

People who have an education on the subject and help people overcome there bad choices in life.  

Do you realise that rather than admit that maybe there could be a better way of dealing with these types of situations.  Youve argued on a subject you have no knowledge of and tried to judge the intentions and character of people you dont even know.

Just to let you know.  Sometimes I catch myself doing the same things you are doing.  85% of society does it.  If we arnt trying to help a person better themselves we probably shouldnt judge em. Just thought Id point a few things out to ya.