Top DT prospect Jeffrey Simmons not invited to combine; Tore ACL in pre-draft workouts

YoloinOhio

On 1/31/2019 at 11:00 AM, wppete said:

Wow that’s some messed ups S%#t. He’s done.... probably won’t even get drafted.

Let's hope.  My first instinct was this was probably an overreaction to something when he was 15, but seeing the video and learning it was just 3 years ago confirms this is a sub-human who deserves nothing.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:03 AM, freddyjj said:

We may need some perspective here.  I will not do an oped here.

https://mississippitoday.org/2018/11/28/jeffery-simmons-a-story-of-redemption/

.....and of course those who make their living sniffing jock's asses come up with some 'story of redemption' bullsh--.   <_<

• Thank you (+1) 3

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

You say you would love to be proven wrong...while advocating to deprive him of the opportunity to do so.  Do you see the irony in that?

So him not beating up another woman over the last 3 years leads you to believe that he's rehabilitated.  You're a trusting soul.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:20 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

So the NFL has already de facto blackballed the guy.  Does that mean if he gets drafted he could be looking at an immediate suspension?  For actions not even taken while in the NFL?

Yep but in todays age, that person on the ground could have been identifying as a male.

Or a transgender bi-panda

never know

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

So him not beating up another woman over the last 3 years leads you to believe that he's rehabilitated.  You're a trusting soul.

Any team that's interested is going to have to do their due diligence.

The thing is, either you believe people can change and deserve the chance to change

Or what do you suggest?  One mistake, ruin your life for good?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, either you believe people can change and deserve the chance to change

Nope, he got his chance via a fully paid scholarship and the ability to work in a field with his degree. Dudes who usually beat up on women have a pre-conceived notion that they can continue.  The NFL is a privilege  to be selected, not a right. He's absolutely talented enough.

Let me ask this question: What actual punishment did he receive for beating this lady up?  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2019 at 2:00 PM, wppete said:

Wow that’s some messed ups S%#t. He’s done.... probably won’t even get drafted.

Good hopefully we can get him for a 7th and he has or will straighten his life out.

Its not that confusing wppete, not everyone is going to hold a kids mistake against him if he is willing to move in a new direction.  Some people truely are sincere in wanting the best for people.  You should feel bad for the victim of a violent action. You should confront the perpotrator and try to move them in a better direction.  If you will not allow that person to move forward in life then they are now your victim and youre no better then they.  The only difference is that the original perpatrater is past there offense and the "lynch  mob" is still caught up in their offencive behavior and hypocracy.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, Rob's House said:

I'd like to see the full video from the beginning and know the back story before passing judgment. 

I read that the girl attacked his sister and he was trying to break it up and the other girl wouldn't stop. My opinion would hinge largely on what started the fight and what this girl did to his sister. He clearly didn't unload on her because she got up a few seconds later. If he was throwing with full force she'd have been out. It's noteworthy that immediately after that he stopped the other girl (his sister?) from continuing to punch her.

There's a huge distinction between hitting a girl who's attacking your sister & laying out your wife for mouthing off.

And if recent events have taught us anything, it's that context matters.

Between Simmons and Tony Washington I just can't figure out the NFL anymore.  You can't protect your sister.  You can't f@#$ your sister.  Its like make up your mind NFL!! 

On 2/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe in redemption and second chances, but not getting your dream job is hardly ruining your life for good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, the nfl is pretending to care about women beaters as much as marijuana smokers.  So progressive.

he wasn’t a little kid when he did this.  He was one if the best high school recruits in the country and started pounding a helpless women.  I’d rather have the Bills lose than have a scumbag like that in our team.  Some things are more important than winning.  But don’t worry.  Some trash bag franchise like the Cowboys or Bengals will draft him in the first round. Plastic faced Jerry Jones has surgery to remove his soul.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:15 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would bet that guys who hit women once have a very high rate of repeating the actions.  I’m very good with second chances for certain crimes but guys who beat women or touch kids (see that Orrin state player) don’t deserve second chances to make millions of dollars.  Plenty of other careers for them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow, the nfl is pretending to care about women beaters as much as marijuana smokers.  So progressive.

he wasn’t a little kid when he did this.  He was one if the best high school recruits in the country and started pounding a helpless women.  I’d rather have the Bills lose than have a scumbag like that in our team.  Some things are more important than winning.  But don’t worry.  Some trash bag franchise like the Cowboys or Bengals will draft him in the first round. Plastic faced Jerry Jones has surgery to remove his soul.

What about a year long suspension for something that happened 6 years ago? 5 years? We agree on damn near everything, but I just can't get down with the whole banished for life thing. Not in this particular case anyways.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would bet that guys who hit women once have a very high rate of repeating the actions.  I’m very good with second chances for certain crimes but guys who beat women or touch kids (see that Orrin state player) don’t deserve second chances to make millions of dollars.  Plenty of other careers for them.

We agree on this one. Well said. 

I wonder if any players every take extra shots on guys like AP, Mixon etc. 

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What about a year long suspension for something that happened 6 years ago? 5 years? We agree on damn near everything, but I just can't get down with the whole banished for life thing. Not in this particular case anyways.

I know man.  It’s tough.  But the nfl has a real problem with this and it looks super hypocritical when you consider some of the other stuff they are tough on.  I don’t think drunk driving, drugs, or other stuff like that good but it’s a completely different animal.

personally, I don’t think women beaters or child touchers really change.  I would disgust me to cheer for someone like that.  I couldn’t separate it.

16 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

We agree on this one. Well said. 

I wonder if any players every take extra shots on guys like AP, Mixon etc. 

No because most players are cowards and don’t care about stuff like that.  Other players love AP.  But if it was me, I’d go headshot on Joe Mixon.  It’s embarrassing that there were no protests for that guy going in the second round.  It’s amazing what fans condone so their team can win.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know man.  It’s tough.  But the nfl has a real problem with this and it looks super hypocritical when you consider some of the other stuff they are tough on.  I don’t think drunk driving, drugs, or other stuff like that good but it’s a completely different animal.

personally, I don’t think women beaters or child touchers really change.  I would disgust me to cheer for someone like that.  I couldn’t separate it.

I think it's asinine that the NFL concerns itself with marijuana or even a one time DUI. I mean, a DUI should be punished, but maybe taken in context.

As far as the woman beaters, I just think this case may be different. Men who abuse their S/O are likely not going to have some grand awakening. This case has some extenuating circumstances. None of this stuff is easy to navigate, but I'm of the opinion that he should be given a shot to play(which he will.) I think it would be fair to consider his past transgression as it pertains to any future transgression. Just feel like he deserves a chance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I believe in redemption and second chances, but not getting your dream job is hardly ruining your life for good. 

The word "but" is sometimes used in a sentence where someone knows what they are saying contradicts what claim to believe.  Generally in the first part of the statement.

14 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The word "but" is sometimes used in a sentence where someone knows what they are saying contradicts what claim to believe.  Generally in the first part of the statement.

In this case it's being used as a coordinating conjunction between two noncontradictory independent clauses. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/1/2019 at 11:47 PM, KD in CA said:

Let's hope.  My first instinct was this was probably an overreaction to something when he was 15, but seeing the video and learning it was just 3 years ago confirms this is a sub-human who deserves nothing.

.....and of course those who make their living sniffing jock's asses come up with some 'story of redemption' bullsh--.   <_<

WTF? Hitler...Mein Kampf, Am I right?

Edited by CoudyBills

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think it's asinine that the NFL concerns itself with marijuana or even a one time DUI. I mean, a DUI should be punished, but maybe taken in context.

As far as the woman beaters, I just think this case may be different. Men who abuse their S/O are likely not going to have some grand awakening. This case has some extenuating circumstances. None of this stuff is easy to navigate, but I'm of the opinion that he should be given a shot to play(which he will.) I think it would be fair to consider his past transgression as it pertains to any future transgression. Just feel like he deserves a chance.

I can't agree with you on the DUI part.  I find it among the most egregious offenses.  

You literally risk killing people when you so selfishly get behind that wheel.  It's not punished harshly enough.  

Just now, White Linen said:

I can't agree with you on the DUI part.  I find it among the most egregious offenses.  

You literally risk killing people when you so selfishly get behind that wheel.  It's not punished harshly enough.  

What about speeding? You literally risk killing people driving at high rates of speed. This isn't the Autobahn where folks are prepared for 100 or whatever the K/HR equivalent would be. Is speeding an egregious offense? 

DUI's are serious. First time offense? Nobody hurt? You got lucky, you'll get punished, you'll deal with the consequences and hopefully learn from your mistake.