Top DT prospect Jeffrey Simmons not invited to combine; Tore ACL in pre-draft workouts

YoloinOhio

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

So you would be ok with someone attacking your mom?

You are again missing the point. The person I quoted used that term about Simmons. My only point is that he did not make amends.

Now to your totally irrelevant question. I would certainly hope that I would find the inner strength to do so.

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You are again missing the point. The person I quoted used that term about Simmons. My only point is that he did not make amends.

Now to your totally irrelevant question. I would certainly hope that I would find the inner strength to do so.

Quote about being ok with someone attacking mom was to someone else, why it was deleted. 

You said he didnt make amends. And i asked would you make amends. How is that not related to each other?

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Quote about being ok with someone attacking mom was to someone else, why it was deleted. 

You said he didnt make amends. And i asked would you make amends. How is that not related to each other?

Because, what I would or would not do is irrelevant to the fact that he did not make amends. He has lived a controversy free life since he beat the crap out of  prone woman. 

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

CC, I get your point and it is a valid point.

The young man seemingly has made strides and if the team does their due diligence and feels comfortable, then I am fine, as well.

However, I would like to have heard that he made amends (weirdly that maybe means apologizing to, but also forgiving) to the person he was beating up, even if that person had gotten into with his mom.  If that is his mom on the video she seemingly appears OK.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I hope I'm not stepping out of line here, but it's kind of interesting that this was charged as a simple assault(which is nothing) as opposed to a DV, which is a HUGE DEAL. Is it REALLY that much worse if it's in the house? On a personal note, I got into a fight with my brother and the cops were called. I was charged with DV, which was dismissed because my brother wanted no part of that nonsense. Nevertheless, the charge of DV remains on my record. A female prospective employer is obviously going to assume I hit a woman. Personal rant over. 

Domestic violence would be in a case where the person you assaulted was a family member or you are in a relationship with. If it is against someone you just met or a stranger its just assault.

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Is his sister the gigantic girl who is punching and kicking the much smaller girl curled up on the ground at the same time that her humongous dt brother is smashing her head? 

I can fully understand why he was beating on a defenseless girl, he was defending his gigantic sister who was also beating on the defenseless girl. A clear case of self defense, plus he was only an 18 year old adult and has been really really nice ever since. He even volunteers! 

Boys will be Boys!

He was just a kid and didnt know better!

She wasnt seriously injured so what was the harm?

He is good at sports, he deserves many chances at redemption until he is no longer good at sports. At least he didnt do something as disgusting as kneeling during the anthem....

20 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow, video is shocking...and way worse than Rice and Hunt put together.  

However...if life was about having one mistake as a kid define who you are, then it would be a f-ed up world full of losers.  Many people cant understand the world some of these kids come from where violence is often all they know.  I am not in any way condoning what he did, the video is astonishing really.  However, should a mistake while a teenager take everything away from you for the rest of your life?  Especially when you make amends and put the hard and dedicated work in to change and be a better person?

Reading the article about his redemption certainly shows what this kid has done, how he has grown, etc.  Who we are is kids is never who we are as adults.  We all made mistakes in high school, some worse than others.  What I see is a young man who seems to have made the changes in his life to become a better person and has earned his second chance.  And I think teams will see that on draft night.  Could it impact his draft slot, sure, but I don't think it will because it is so long ago and he's worked hard to become who he is today.  

whatever....

who is next on the list to seriously consider drafting

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow, video is shocking...and way worse than Rice and Hunt put together.  

However...if life was about having one mistake as a kid define who you are, then it would be a f-ed up world full of losers.  Many people cant understand the world some of these kids come from where violence is often all they know.  I am not in any way condoning what he did, the video is astonishing really.  However, should a mistake while a teenager take everything away from you for the rest of your life?  Especially when you make amends and put the hard and dedicated work in to change and be a better person?

Reading the article about his redemption certainly shows what this kid has done, how he has grown, etc.  Who we are is kids is never who we are as adults.  We all made mistakes in high school, some worse than others.  What I see is a young man who seems to have made the changes in his life to become a better person and has earned his second chance.  And I think teams will see that on draft night.  Could it impact his draft slot, sure, but I don't think it will because it is so long ago and he's worked hard to become who he is today.  

Are you his agent? Fantastic fluff piece but if that was your relative he was pounding while on the ground I bet that tune changes. As Singletary said "Don't want him, can't win with him".

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

10 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Are you his agent? Fantastic fluff piece but if that was you relative he was pounding while on the ground I bet that tune changes. As Singletary said "Don't want him, can't win with him".

those types don't care at all, pay no attention to them on here and avoid them like the plague in real life....

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

those types don't care at all, pay no attention to them on here and avoid them like the plague in real life....

Just Win Baby. Please, can't root for that guy no matter what rehabilitation he does. Let him work for any other 31 teams, I am not saying he should be tarred and feathered just don't want him on the Bills sideline.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Can someone fill me in on this?  All I see on that video is people taking turns hitting a woman......two of which were men?

I dont want to auto make a assumption on what happened here.

IF this was a one time incident and he truly has repented I would not be against drafting him......but definately not in the first round more like in the 5th round or something.

19 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Are you his agent? Fantastic fluff piece but if that was your relative he was pounding while on the ground I bet that tune changes. As Singletary said "Don't want him, can't win with him".

Ive personally forgiven people in my lifetime for some pretty severe things.  

Has the family of the woman Tyreek Hill beat forgiven him?  He’s a guy everyone here drools over and having a big career.  He didn’t get cut while Hunt did for something far less worse than what Hill did.  Why?  Because Hill’s was in his past and has worked hard to prove he’s grown and changed.

Sorry, but the family forgiving him is not a prerequisite for someone changing and growing.  They may never forgive him, doesnt mean he can’t change and be a better human.  

So if anyone is going to lead the charge against this kid, they better be leading the charge to ban Tyreek Hill for the same reasons.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Can someone fill me in on this?  All I see on that video is people taking turns hitting a woman......two of which were men?

I dont want to auto make a assumption on what happened here.

IF this was a one time incident and he truly has repented I would not be against drafting him......but definately not in the first round more like in the 5th round or something.

I believe the 0 technique was a woman.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ive personally forgiven people in my lifetime for some pretty severe things.  

Has the family of the woman Tyreek Hill beat forgiven him?  He’s a guy everyone here drools over and having a big career.  He didn’t get cut while Hunt did for something far less worse than what Hill did.  Why?  Because Hill’s was in his past and has worked hard to prove he’s grown and changed.

Sorry, but the family forgiving him is not a prerequisite for someone changing and growing.  They may never forgive him, doesnt mean he can’t change and be a better human.  

So if anyone is going to lead the charge against this kid, they better be leading the charge to ban Tyreek Hill for the same reasons.  

We are fooling ourselves to think past and present players weren't doing these sorts of things prior to the advancement of the cameral phone. Not painting a broad brush but to my knowledge and it's sad to say Hill wasn't caught on camera. That's the reality we live in and to answer your question I wouldn't want Hill either. I get everyone has a past but your wired a certain way and call me crazy but I don't think getting money, power and fame will help the cause, but would love to be proven wrong.

41 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

We are fooling ourselves to think past and present players weren't doing these sorts of things prior to the advancement of the cameral phone. Not painting a broad brush but to my knowledge and it's sad to say Hill wasn't caught on camera. That's the reality we live in and to answer your question I wouldn't want Hill either. I get everyone has a past but your wired a certain way and call me crazy but I don't think getting money, power and fame will help the cause, but would love to be proven wrong.

You say you would love to be proven wrong...while advocating to deprive him of the opportunity to do so.  Do you see the irony in that?

6 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Domestic violence would be in a case where the person you assaulted was a family member or you are in a relationship with. If it is against someone you just met or a stranger its just assault.

Yes. I'm well aware of the law. I was pointing out a flaw in the law such as two brothers getting into a fight and someone calling the cops. That's treated as a more serious offense than bumrushing someone on the street. Kind of stupid. Was dismissed, but it still shows up your record, and people are automatically going to assume you beat a woman.

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yes. I'm well aware of the law. I was pointing out a flaw in the law such as two brothers getting into a fight and someone calling the cops. That's treated as a more serious offense than bumrushing someone on the street. Kind of stupid. Was dismissed, but it still shows up your record, and people are automatically going to assume you beat a woman.

That is messed up. DV for fighting your brother? My older brother and I fought constantly growing up. Fighting was common in South Buffalo in the 60s and 70s and I can't remember the cops ever being involved. They did show up to break up a group battle in Caz park once, Abbott rd versus Seneca st ?. No one got seriously hurt or arrested luckily.

• Thank you (+1) 1