Top DT prospect Jeffrey Simmons not invited to combine; Tore ACL in pre-draft workouts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Wow that’s some messed ups S%#t. He’s done.... probably won’t even get drafted.

I am still seeing him mocked in the top 10. Frank Clark had a DV incident in college and went in the 2nd, as did joe mixon. I just think some teams care and some don’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I am still seeing him mocked in the top 10. Frank Clark had a DV incident in college and went in the 2nd, as did joe mixon. I just think some teams care and some don’t. 

Good point. No way the Pegulas sign off to draft him though.

5 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

We may need some perspective here.  I will not do an oped here.

https://mississippitoday.org/2018/11/28/jeffery-simmons-a-story-of-redemption/

He's kept his nose clean since, that's great. It doesn't change the fact he was caught on video swinging fists like a madman on a downed woman. That's unforgivable. Playing in the NFL and making millions is a privilege that man does not deserve. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Good. Crazy to see mock drafts with us taking him. Obviously the people doing the mock drafts know nothing about the current Bills FO. He will probably end up on the Redskins or Bengals 

I wouldn't have a problem drafting Simmons because the incident happened when he was in high school and he's been a model citizen since then. You'd put him on a short leash with off the field issues but it's not like he has a long history of domestic violence. He made one big mistake as a teenager.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Good. Crazy to see mock drafts with us taking him. Obviously the people doing the mock drafts know nothing about the current Bills FO. He will probably end up on the Redskins or Bengals 

The same front office that signed Duke Williams? or Trent Murphy? Yes hitting a woman is not something I'd advocate for yet he was in high school at the time and he's kept his nose clean and played to his talent level since starting school. He's on my short list of possible Kyle Williams replacements if stay at #9. 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn't have a problem drafting Simmons because the incident happened when he was in high school and he's been a model citizen since then. You'd put him on a short leash with off the field issues but it's not like he has a long history of domestic violence. He made one big mistake as a teenager.

See Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, video is shocking...and way worse than Rice and Hunt put together.  

However...if life was about having one mistake as a kid define who you are, then it would be a f-ed up world full of losers.  Many people cant understand the world some of these kids come from where violence is often all they know.  I am not in any way condoning what he did, the video is astonishing really.  However, should a mistake while a teenager take everything away from you for the rest of your life?  Especially when you make amends and put the hard and dedicated work in to change and be a better person?

Reading the article about his redemption certainly shows what this kid has done, how he has grown, etc.  Who we are is kids is never who we are as adults.  We all made mistakes in high school, some worse than others.  What I see is a young man who seems to have made the changes in his life to become a better person and has earned his second chance.  And I think teams will see that on draft night.  Could it impact his draft slot, sure, but I don't think it will because it is so long ago and he's worked hard to become who he is today.  

• Like (+1) 6

Got caught up in the heat of the moment, made a super bad decision in his actions based on a woman who was saying terrible things about one of his deceased family member loved dearly, and felt he was defending her honor. Bad mistake, BAD!

I do not agree with what he did.  Just saying most of us  have made bad decisions and done some terrible things.  His just happens to be under the microscope of the NFL and was caught on tape. 

• Like (+1) 5

55 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

(Mind of deluded mock drafter):

"Hmm... let me see... team I know nothing about... ESPN says they need D line help... woman team president... God-fearing coach...

I know... They will pick the lady-beater DT I heard about from the internet!"

?????????

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Got caught up in the heat of the moment, made a super bad decision in his actions based on a woman who was saying terrible things about one of his deceased family member loved dearly, and felt he was defending her honor. Bad mistake, BAD!

I do not agree with what he did.  Just saying most of us  have made bad decisions and done some terrible things.  His just happens to be under the microscope of the NFL and was caught on tape. 

Yeah I'm not taking that 0 tech off my draft board either...........the figure 4 leg lock FTW!

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

That's a ridiculous statement. People make mistakes so we should feel bad for this kid because he beat the snot out of a defenseless woman laying on the ground?

Don't project this kid's messed up actions on the rest of society. Most people do not beat up defenseless girls laying on the ground. We all make mistakes, but some mistakes are far more serious than others. Regardless of telhe mistake and regardless of how common it is, you have to suffer the consequences of your actions.

Unfortunately it seems like this kid will still get drafted and make millions of dollars.

• Awesome! (+1) 1