Share Your Super Bowl 53 Predictions

NE 31 - LA 20...BB will take away the run and force Goff to beat them .....Have a DB and McCourthy on Cooks.....Gilmore on Woods.....on offense, they'll use quick passes to White and Burkhead to offset Donald and Duh....once the Rams adapt, Sony Michel will run for 100 yards....and Edelman/Gronk will team up for a monster 2nd half.....NE wins the SB, and it's another hellish off season listening people drool over the Patriots.....then, August comes around and every NFL fan claims " NE is no longer a threat, they're not what they used to be and that Brady is to old " and the vicious circle keeps going.....I am officially depress when it comes to football .....KC really screwed the pooch this year.....

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Friggen Pats fan.  I wonder if Bills fans would be this obnoxious if we were so good for so long?

I have contemplated this.  The answer is likely yes.

Which makes me take it a step further - would I want the Bills to win that much?  Seems like a no brainer.  But I’d hate to be the way a lot of those fans are.  It’s cartoonishly obnoxious.

56 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

NE 31 - LA 20...BB will take away the run and force Goff to beat them .....Have a DB and McCourthy on Cooks.....Gilmore on Woods.....on offense, they'll use quick passes to White and Burkhead to offset Donald and Duh....once the Rams adapt, Sony Michel will run for 100 yards....and Edelman/Gronk will team up for a monster 2nd half.....NE wins the SB, and it's another hellish off season listening people drool over the Patriots.....then, August comes around and every NFL fan claims " NE is no longer a threat, they're not what they used to be and that Brady is to old " and the vicious circle keeps going.....I am officially depress when it comes to football .....KC really screwed the pooch this year.....

6 inches Offside - if not for that, the offseason is about an aging Brady throwing 3 picks and should he retire...

Look to the Sports Books.  It’s estimated that $6.5 billion will bet on the game (I know that includes bets on the spread, money line, O/U, props, etc).  Regardless of how the bets are broken down, billions of dollars will be bet on the point spread.  

The spread this morning is merely NE -2.5 (and has been holding steady at that number). If NE wins per the expectations and predictions of most people (which will likely translate closely to the bets placed in the betting community), they’ll be covering easily which means Sports Books will take a hit (not sure if they can off load the amount of action they’d need to cover themselves). I think the Sports Books might be a little more in tune than I am with my subjective belief that the team I despise most seem like a shoe in to win by a mere FG.  

Based on most of the predictions I see, NE -2.5 is a bet I should jump all over.  However, when a line looks too good to be true I’ve learned the hard way that it is.

FYI—Over the past 11 years, the underdog has covered the spread nine times, and won the game outright eight times.  Food for thought.

3 hours ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Look to the Sports Books.  It’s estimated that $6.5 billion will bet on the game (I know that includes bets on the spread, money line, O/U, props, etc).  Regardless of how the bets are broken down, billions of dollars will be bet on the point spread.  

The spread this morning is merely NE -2.5 (and has been holding steady at that number). If NE wins per the expectations and predictions of most people (which will likely translate closely to the bets placed in the betting community), they’ll be covering easily which means Sports Books will take a hit (not sure if they can off load the amount of action they’d need to cover themselves). I think the Sports Books might be a little more in tune than I am with my subjective belief that the team I despise most seem like a shoe in to win by a mere FG.  

Based on most of the predictions I see, NE -2.5 is a bet I should jump all over.  However, when a line looks too good to be true I’ve learned the hard way that it is.

FYI—Over the past 11 years, the underdog has covered the spread nine times, and won the game outright eight times.  Food for thought.

Aboslutely.  Vegas know the allure of the Patriots are blinding people from the fact that they are the inferiror team on both sides of the ball.  Other wise they would've increased the point spread to get more qual action. That's why I put 1k on the Rams.  Kansas City woke up in the 2nd half and put up 31 points last week.  I don't think the Patriots will be able to contain the Rams offense.

23 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Gilmore is good at press, Cooks can’t get off press coverage. I fully expect that to be the plan. 

Look for a big game from the Rams TEs. 

On the other side, Rams need to try Talib on Edelman, it’s not perfect but it’s better than NRC. The Rams can’t waste Peters/Talib on Hogan and Dorsett. 

Is Gurley actually healthy this week? If he is, they have a shot. 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:21 AM, BillyWhiteShows said:

I hate to do this, but I am going New England 34-17.  I think the game is tied at halftime but the Patriots wear down the Rams defense and pull away at the end.

Yea Brady is the MVP and everyone’s “wonderkid” Coach McVay shows that he’s not up to the task of outcoaching Belichick

Heres a huge list of predictions from all ESPN writers.  The majority seem to pick NE though its closer than last year

https://es.pn/2Uzojpp

I see it similar if the OL of New England gives Brady time to throw. New England 31- Rams 23.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:41 PM, Chris66 said:

More than anything. I wish they would move the game back to 3:30. Even with a 640 start these games go past 10

I have heard from a lot of Bills fans that games ending at 10 are too late. Does no one stay up past 11 anymore? Even when I was working a day shift I was never in bed much before midnight.