Share Your Super Bowl 53 Predictions

I hate to do this, but I am going New England 34-17.  I think the game is tied at halftime but the Patriots wear down the Rams defense and pull away at the end.

Yea Brady is the MVP and everyone’s “wonderkid” Coach McVay shows that he’s not up to the task of outcoaching Belichick

Heres a huge list of predictions from all ESPN writers.  The majority seem to pick NE though its closer than last year

https://es.pn/2Uzojpp

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

As much as I hate the Patriots, I like them to win this game. I think the Pats interior O line matches up very well with the Rams 2 tackles. I do not see them getting any pressure on Brady. The Pats O line is really really good and they have an amazingly diverse offense. Game to game you never know who or what they are going feature. I don't see the rams figuring it out. On D,  I like Gilmore vs any of the Ram receivers. I think they miss Cupp a lot. I see a surgical, methodical 31-20 Pats win.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

No way the league allows Brady to lose two in a row and tie Jim Kelly on the list of most Super Bowl losses by a QB... Easiest bet ever is the patriots straight up.

As I see it ... The Sacrificial Rams will go into the 4th quarter with a 30-14 lead ... The patriots will score 10 unanswered points down the stretch.

In the last three or four minutes left in the game, the patriots march down the field, helped by questionable defensive PI and questionable roughing the passer penalties, both on 3rd down that the patriots didn't convert. With less than a minute to go, Brady throws the ball to Gronkowski in the end zone . Gronkowski blatantly knocks the defender down in an obvious offensive PI but it's not called, TD Gronkowski, patriots up 31-30.

Sacrificial Rams return the ensuing kickoff into patriot territory but it's brought back on a phantom block in the back penalty. Two plays and two offensive penalties later the clock runs out.

31-30 patriots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chris66 said:

More than anything. I wish they would move the game back to 3:30. Even with a 640 start these games go past 10

I don’t have a problem with it.  It’s way better than the Monday or Sunday game which start about 90 minutes later.

Of course, it does get annoying having to wait around all day to watch the game

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Rams have a better D than the Chargers and Chiefs, and a DC in Wade Phillips who has faced Brady in the past and been successful.  Rams O can put up a ton of points.

35-14 Rams

I think BB confuses the crap out of Goff. I expect the Pats to show him one front and then when the play clock gets to 14. Show him something completely different

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

I think BB confuses the crap out of Goff. I expect the Pats to show him one front and then when the play clock gets to 14. Show him something completely different

Maybe for a short time, but McVay picks up on this and counters.  What I would worry about is the Pats bringing pressure up the middle and the Rams OLine fails to read and pick it up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Maybe for a short time, but McVay picks up on this and counters.  What I would worry about is the Pats bringing pressure up the middle and the Rams OLine fails to read and pick it up.

The only way mcvay counters is to run hurry up and get the play off before the mic shuts off

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

The only way mcvay counters is to run hurry up and get the play off before the mic shuts off

It’s not “hurry up”, they will still huddle and then when they get to the line they quick snap it. That keeps the defense from moving around so they don’t get caught out of position.

He has been doing it all season and it was talked about again after doing it in NO last week.