The AAF Thread

37 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sad. I don’t know what I was hoping for except more football after the SB, but this is ridiculous.

I guess the message is ‘be careful what you wish for’..

This was a little much. I can’t believe that these guys would joke about it!! I kept thinking of Bob Ueker in Major League. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sad. I don’t know what I was hoping for except more football after the SB, but this is ridiculous.

I guess the message is ‘be careful what you wish for’..

44 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’ve enjoyed each week. Looking forward to the NFL Network games tonight. I don’t care if it’s “minor league”, it’s nice having weekend football in February. 

No one ever promised an NFL experience with the AAF. These are guys just fighting for a chance to get to the NFL. I think the level of play, overall, is decent considering these teams were formed 6 weeks ago. Some people just have to s##t on everything. Personally I've watched at least some of every game.

• Like (+1) 7

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No one ever promised an NFL experience with the AAF. These are guys just fighting for a chance to get to the NFL. I think the level of play, overall, is decent considering these teams were formed 6 weeks ago. Some people just have to s##t on everything. Personally I've watched at least some of every game.

Speaking of. Gilbert is definitely going to get a look after the season he has had so far. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He can kiss the NFL goodbye. He has looked awful so far this year.

Gilbert on the other hand looks like an NFL back up. (Meant as a compliment)

Gilbert was in camp with the Panthers last season as i recall. He played vs Bills in preseason. Must have gotten cut, Kyle Allen was playing for the Panthers late this season when Cam got put on the shelf. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gilbert was in camp with the Panthers last season as i recall. He played vs Bills in preseason. Must have gotten cut, Kyle Allen was playing for the Panthers late this season when Cam got put on the shelf. 

He deserves another shot. They said he turned down a futures contract in order to play here and prove himself.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s pretty cool. If I were the Bills I’d bring him in as a camp arm. Never know when DA will retire or get hurt. 

I’d be cool with that.

Coincidentally, my wife and kids are at that game right now and I asked her to pick me up an Apollo shirt. I am officially a fan.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So Hack got benched? I'm shocked. <_<

I’m surprised it took this long. 

41 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

They mentioned earlier that 80% of these players have played in the NFL. That is pretty cool.  I like how they keep talking about their previous NFL and college experience throughout the game.

That’s what most people don’t realize about this league I feel. The level of competition is often crapped on. But 80% of these guys have had a cup of coffee in the NFL. Take even the best college program, I doubt it’s anywhere close to 80%. IMO The level of competition in this league is not as horrendous as many believe. This is a great way for guys to get a second look from the league. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wish the rules were all the same as the nfl. The rule changes just give it a diet football feel to me. It’s not the pro bowl. There doesn’t need to be rules against blitzing. So what if the offseason was short? Play football here.

I disagree. You can't have an O-line play tight in 6 weeks. They allow blitzing, just not more than 5 rushers. I think that's a big reason why the games are entertaining.