The AAF Thread

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure if already posted but what a story!

That's great, and what this league needs. As soon as I saw Prerez throw three or four passes last week I posted here that he looks like a real QB. You could just see it right away with his mechanics and velocity and placement. Not to say he'd ever make it in the NFL but I'd like to see a guy like him continue to play well and earn a shot at training camp with an NFL team.

One thing about the XFL that I do think they have in their favour, and which I think this league should copy, is to allow high school graduates to play.

I was thinking about this the other day and I think if the AAF allowed this it could add a tonne of interest. Imagine if certain players leaving high school were big producers and good prospects but A) they don't want to go to classes etc. B) they want to develop in a pro-style offense and C) they want to earn some money ASAP.

I'm not sure if any big name prospects would just totally bypass college, but imagine if some of the bigger names did? They would produce a huge amount of interest from fans and scouts alike.

Plus, it would eliminate the perception of these guys being scrubs, because the HS graduates wouldn't have 'failed' in the NFL yet.

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

One thing about the XFL that I do think they have in their favour, and which I think this league should copy, is to allow high school graduates to play.

I was thinking about this the other day and I think if the AAF allowed this it could add a tonne of interest. Imagine if certain players leaving high school were big producers and good prospects but A) they don't want to go to classes etc. B) they want to develop in a pro-style offense and C) they want to earn some money ASAP.

I'm not sure if any big name prospects would just totally bypass college, but imagine if some of the bigger names did? They would produce a huge amount of interest from fans and scouts alike.

Plus, it would eliminate the perception of these guys being scrubs, because the HS graduates wouldn't have 'failed' in the NFL yet.

....the physicality of HS graduates versus former NFL'ers or collegians who didn't make the NFL?.......invest a hundred grand with gurney manufacturers pronto......

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So prospects just out of the “top 50”would be the “sweet spot” for the AAF??

in their wildest dreams!!

the top 30 are 5 star recruits.  The next 260 or so are 4 stars.  Each Div 1 school has 25 scholarships to give to each feeshman class The SEC alone could take every 4 and 5 star recruit and still have full s home ships left over to give out to 3 star kids.

AAF’s is to pick up a few decent college players the NFL doesn’t want.  Otherwise it’s all released players or plane nobodies.

No pro league competing against the NFL has survived on hardcore fans who might know th names of 4 PS players on any NFL. Team.  

The AAF isn’t competing against the NFL. Directly from Ebersol’s mouth. He realized leagues fail when competing against the NFL. And yes, 3 and 4 star recruits are who they need to market to. Start picking up a few of them a year. Like I’ve said twice already. The choice isn’t as obvious as you seem to believe. Have you read USFL, football for a buck? It’s a good lesson. One large lesson is that money talks. Your choice is go to college, play for free for 3 years and get drafted. While doing some school work in the process. Or go play football for 3 years for 85k a year and get drafted. 

7 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

The AAF isn’t competing against the NFL. Directly from Ebersol’s mouth. He realized leagues fail when competing against the NFL. And yes, 3 and 4 star recruits are who they need to market to. Start picking up a few of them a year. Like I’ve said twice already. The choice isn’t as obvious as you seem to believe. Have you read USFL, football for a buck? It’s a good lesson. One large lesson is that money talks. Your choice is go to college, play for free for 3 years and get drafted. While doing some school work in the process. Or go play football for 3 years for 85k a year and get drafted. 

....NFL I believe is the only major pro sport without a "minor league system" probably because the beleaguered NFL Owners could NEVER afford it (COUGH)....they rode the freebee crest of the NCAA to develop collegians to be ready for the NFL....now the NCAA focuses on "butts in the seats", keeping boosters "happy happy" and raking in megamillions from 38+ bowl games.....they no longer focus on style conducive to NFL readiness.....hence the talk of the  leper like "Air Raid" QB never being successful in the NFL, which Mahomes has proven that blanket theory wrong.....certainly would keep more of these kids employed in football at a lesser scale than NFL after being snookered into thinking their 4 year degree in "General Studies (WTF?)" was their ticket to the big time....nothing wrong with the minor leagues IMO....sure as hell beats only being able to sign you name with an "x" and being back on the streets hoping to avoid a bullet to the head because the NFL dream vanquished....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So prospects just out of the “top 50”would be the “sweet spot” for the AAF??

in their wildest dreams!!

the top 30 are 5 star recruits.  The next 260 or so are 4 stars.  Each Div 1 school has 25 scholarships to give to each feeshman class The SEC alone could take every 4 and 5 star recruit and still have full s home ships left over to give out to 3 star kids.

AAF’s is to pick up a few decent college players the NFL doesn’t want.  Otherwise it’s all released players or plane nobodies.

No pro league competing against the NFL has survived on hardcore fans who might know th names of 4 PS players on any NFL. Team.  

Question: if the AAF is competing with the NFL, why is the NFL Network showing their games?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Yhe USFL was competing directly with the NFL—for players.  Not long after, money DID talk, and money said “give up”...and the league folded.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Question: if the AAF is competing with the NFL, why is the NFL Network showing their games?

it’s live programmung for a 24 hr pro league network with programming slots to fill.  And clearly the NFL feels it has no threat to its bottom line by airing this stuff for as long as it lasts. 

since the