The AAF Thread

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Is there any shortage of those players?    I don't think there is.

And there CERTAINLY isn't a shortage of kickers...........we'll probably see a 70 yard game winning FG in the next season or two.

In terms of development.......to me it's about finding guys who can play offensive and defensive snaps.

If they look like they can actually give you quality snaps on O or D then you bring them to camp and find out about their special teams game there.

Our best PR player this year was our starting FS, so yes.  We also have trotted out the corpse of Brandon Tate recently, a guy who could contribute virtually nothing on offense.

I won't say that I expect a ton of those guys to make it. But if a speedster returns a punt or 3 in the AAF, maybe he gets a look in the NFL instead of being buried on a depth chart.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Our best PR player this year was our starting FS, so yes.  We also have trotted out the corpse of Brandon Tate recently, a guy who could contribute virtually nothing on offense.

I won't say that I expect a ton of those guys to make it. But if a speedster returns a punt or 3 in the AAF, maybe he gets a look in the NFL instead of being buried on a depth chart.  

The way the rosters are now I agree that few will make it.........the players they have now are pretty lousy.....but if they get those precious PS players from the NFL I think you will see a lot of them develop.

Lot's of raw OL prospects and WR's out there that could really benefit from development in an all-offense/defense league, IMO.    

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

When MLB starts their season..tv ratings are going to plummet.

The NFL owns TV on Sundays from 4-7 PM but walks away from it after the Super Bowl. The AAF is trying to fill that void until late April. It's a smart play even if ratings drop as the season progresses.

10 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

The whole purpose of this league is to generate more Quarterbacks.  Yet I have not see a single Querterback with an NFL arm, making this whole thing a complete waste of time.  

Right.

Mods, please close the thread. We've all wasted our time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

The NFL owns TV on Sundays from 4-7 PM but walks away from it after the Super Bowl. The AAF is trying to fill that void until late April. It's a smart play even if ratings drop as the season progresses.

I'm watching American Pickers on the History Ch now,I started to fall asleep watching that football game.

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm watching American Pickers on the History Ch now,I started to fall asleep watching that football game.

Yeah but we're out of that 4-7 PM Sunday window. 

I'm not saying the AAF is a slam dunk and I do expect the ratings to plummet after this week. But they may be able to ride the coattails of NFL late Sunday afternoon for long enough to remain viable.

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah but we're out of that 4-7 PM Sunday window. 

I'm not saying the AAF is a slam dunk and I do expect the ratings to plummet after this week. But they may be able to ride the coattails of NFL late Sunday afternoon for long enough to remain viable.

I'll be honest,if New York had a team in the league,I would have more interest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

The whole purpose of this league is to generate more Quarterbacks.  Yet I have not see a single Querterback with an NFL arm, making this whole thing a complete waste of time.  

Maybe I'm cynical but my assumption was that the whole purpose of the league was to make money. Which might happen, but probably won't.

I never once thought the purpose was to generate more QBs. Was that stated somewhere as the specific purpose of the league or just conjecture on your part?